CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Thanks for this! It was confusing :) how about kowing the visa office of the application? is it helpful anyway to know ?
Doesnt matter really but you can ask them when you call them. Doesnt change anything though!

Reactions: Mariem Rita

Mariem Rita

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Call IRCC thats quicker and more efficient. GCMS will take you more than a month. Or put a webform. Although calling IRCC is better -
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
can someone else call for me ? or how do they know you are the applicant ? can they give your info to anyone ?
thanks

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Call IRCC thats quicker and more efficient. GCMS will take you more than a month. Or put a webform. Although calling IRCC is better -
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
I have been trying to call them since the pandemic started, and after 7 minutes of listening to prerecorded messages, they always say that the lines are busy and no one can take my call. What's your secret?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I have been trying to call them since the pandemic started, and after 7 minutes of listening to prerecorded messages, they always say that the lines are busy and no one can take my call. What's your secret?
Ha ha ha, keep trying or call early morning or late evening.

Bag Ayra

Nov 12, 2020
Hi guys,

I got a question. I have submitted my biometrics since June 14, 4 days after I got my BIL. It showed up June 15 on portal where I can see the biometrics ID and their expiry date. However, below it says that they haven't received my biometrics yet.

Is that normal? If not, is there anything I could do? Cuz it's been a while since I submitted them.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon.
FYI - I am in USA, so not sure IRCC is extending COPR for applicants in other than USA. Have you heard of any one who recently asked for extension for COPR from USA? Do you have any idea how long does IRCC take to reply to such requests(specially considering the COVID situation)?

My immigration lawyer told me that I can try to extend, but there is no guarantee that they will accept.
And I had even read it on IRCC website stating that COPR's wont be extended.
But I have sent a web form asking IRCC to extend my COPR and hopefully they extend it by December 15.

Currently IRCC is extending COPR for anyone who cannot travel. If you cannot travel, or do not want to travel, you can inform IRCC, irrespective of where you live. IRCC will not extend your COPR, unless you have a definite date to travel. Pre-COVID, if you were unable to travel that showed your intent, but extensions were given on a case by case basis. Now due to COVID, IRCC cannot force anyone to travel if they cannot and have a valid reasons, including safety.

However, if you already have a lawyer, not sure why you are soliciting opinions here. Do as what your paid legal professional suggests.

Also not sure where you read that IRCC is will not extend COPR.

IRCC states:

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired COPR and permanent resident visa
If you’re outside Canada
If we approved your permanent resident application before March 18th, 2020 or you are exempt from the travel restrictions, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, you don’t need to tell us until you’re ready to move to Canada and live here permanently.

When you’re ready to move to Canada
You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now, if we approved your permanent resident application before March 18th, 2020 or you are exempt from the travel restrictions, if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption.

Use the Web form to let us know when you are ready to move to Canada to live and settle here as a permanent resident. We’ll contact you with more information once the Web form is received. Make sure to include

• documents showing where you’ll live in Canada, for example
    • address
    • lease agreement
    • home ownership document
  • information about your plans to work in Canada, for example
    • location of work
    • letter from employer
  • any other information that shows you plan to live here permanently
  • proof of your plan to quarantine
  • your proposed travel itinerary
It’s best to wait until you get a letter authorizing you to come to Canada before buying tickets.

Once you get approval to move to Canada, you have 60 days from that date to arrive.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can we extend BWOP? Mine is going to expire on 27 Jan 2021 as the passport expiry date was 26th Jan
Considering the current pace not sure if by Jan 2021 this PR process will be completed or not, AOR for PR application is March 23, 2020 and as per IRCC agent Security hasn't started yet and the Background check is still in process.

Yes, you can renew your BOWP.

Reactions: dextro590

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
Currently IRCC is extending COPR for anyone who cannot travel. If you cannot travel, or do not want to travel, you can inform IRCC, irrespective of where you live. IRCC will not extend your COPR, unless you have a definite date to travel. Pre-COVID, if you were unable to travel that showed your intent, but extensions were given on a case by case basis. Now due to COVID, IRCC cannot force anyone to travel if they cannot and have a valid reasons, including safety.

However, if you already have a lawyer, not sure why you are soliciting opinions here. Do as what your paid legal professional suggests.

Also not sure where you read that IRCC is will not extend COPR.

IRCC states:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Thanks @legalfalcon.
Appreciate your help.

shadowz

Mar 5, 2019
Hi Could you please let me know on which number did you call and how, as my Country of residence is also USA. Thanks in advance.
888-242-2100. You have to install sideline app and get canada number to call. Try to call as many times as you can to connect to agent

Bag Ayra

Nov 12, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

Sorry for flooding you with questions. I got a very quick one tho.

I have submitted my biometrics since June 14, 4 days after I got my BIL. It showed up on June 15 on the portal where I can see the biometrics number and their expiry date. However, below it says that they haven't received my biometrics yet.

Is that normal? If not, is there anything I could do? Cuz it's been a while since I submitted them.

Thanks

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
being very impatient right now since its been 8 months, should I apply for gcms notes @legalfalcon , on this tuesday when I called its same status as it was in July
eligibilty: recommeded passed
criminality: in progress
security: not started

biometrics done 27 October

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Sorry for flooding you with questions. I got a very quick one tho.

I have submitted my biometrics since June 14, 4 days after I got my BIL. It showed up on June 15 on the portal where I can see the biometrics number and their expiry date. However, below it says that they haven't received my biometrics yet.

Thanks
YEs, this is normal. It simply suggests that the biometrics even though on file, have not been updated by the officer. This will change to the date when your biometrics were provided, i.e. June 14, 2020 and will then look like this:

If you do not see a change within the next 7-10 days, send a webform.

Reactions: Bag Ayra