Canada
Category........
CEC
Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
If your WP expires in 4 months or less, then you can apply. With the uncertainty of when COPRs will be issued, it is better to apply for BOWP.
Hi @legalfalcon - I applied for BOWP on September 7 2020.
My Work permit is expiring Jan 18 2021.

There was no specific option as BOWP while applying.

As you have mentioned

Is it a matter of concern?

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
With COVID, IRCC is extending COPRs. Not sure where you got the info from. If in doubt, call CBSA office at the PoE where you intend to land and clarify.

Immigration is law, and everything else is a mere speculation or an opinion.
Thanks @legalfalcon.
FYI - I am in USA, so not sure IRCC is extending COPR for applicants in other than USA. Have you heard of any one who recently asked for extension for COPR from USA? Do you have any idea how long does IRCC take to reply to such requests(specially considering the COVID situation)?

My immigration lawyer told me that I can try to extend, but there is no guarantee that they will accept.
And I had even read it on IRCC website stating that COPR's wont be extended.
But I have sent a web form asking IRCC to extend my COPR and hopefully they extend it by December 15.

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Finally my application for permanent residence has been approved!!!
======
AOR: March 25
Medicals passed: June 17
GCMS notes requested: August 28
GCMS received with eligibility and security passed: September 25
Biometrics call: October 9
Biometrics appointment: October 16
Biometrics updated on file: October 16
COPR email and message in account: November 17.
======
There were no ghost updates during the process.
Congratulations! Can I ask what time did you get the email?

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
If your WP expires in 4 months or less, then you can apply. With the uncertainty of when COPRs will be issued, it is better to apply for BOWP.
Can we extend BWOP? Mine is going to expire on 27 Jan 2021 as the passport expiry date was 26th Jan
Considering the current pace not sure if by Jan 2021 this PR process will be completed or not, AOR for PR application is March 23, 2020 and as per IRCC agent Security hasn't started yet and the Background check is still in process.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Can we extend BWOP? Mine is going to expire on 27 Jan 2021 as the passport expiry date was 26th Jan
Considering the current pace not sure if by Jan 2021 this PR process will be completed or not, AOR for PR application is March 23, 2020 and as per IRCC agent Security hasn't started yet and the Background check is still in process.
Not sure but i think you need to renew your passport as well, or already renewed? If the passport is renewed apply for BOWP in early January.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
No, regular
there is a rule that your current status should be valid for 3 months for passport renewal, how did you go around that? Did they asked something else or it was no big deal?

Reactions: Saradeen+

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
there is a rule that your current status should be valid for 3 months for passport renewal, how did you go around that? Did they asked something else or it was no big deal?
Yes....checked about the 3 months rule with the Agent, he said I can still apply for renewal.

Mariem Rita

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi ALL,

Profile done by myself without agent.
-AOR 21 March 2020
-Biometrics letter 20 May
-Biometrics done 7 septembre (VFS closed)
Nothing since biometrics
I sent webform for an update 7 days ago no response, processing time passed already
my status says: processing, will send you if we need more info

Also I never asked for GCMS notes. Should I order them ? are they really helpful ?
-------> Just sent an email to cpc-ctd-Ottawa to know visa office; is that correct ?
Another question:
the box in the right side in my profile where there is all info (UCI, number, biometric date ec) sections are in bleu color and when i click on it it takes me to a page with 405, error. Is it normal ? Im confused ?

Thank you in advance for your answers :)

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Hi ALL,

-AOR 21 March 2020
Nothing since biometrics
I sent webform for an update 7 days ago no response, processing time passed already

Also I never asked for GCMS notes. Should I order them ? are they really helpful ?
-------> Just sent an email to cpc-ctd-Ottawa to know visa office; is that correct ?
Another question:
the box in the right side in my profile where there is all info (UCI, number, biometric date ec) sections are in bleu color and when i click on it it takes me to a page with 405, error. Is it normal ? Im confused ?

Hi, i also have hyperlink on the box in the right side. I dont know the reason for it.

are you inland or outland?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi ALL,

-AOR 21 March 2020
Nothing since biometrics

Another question:

Call IRCC thats quicker and more efficient. GCMS will take you more than a month. Or put a webform. Although calling IRCC is better -
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

Reactions: Mariem Rita