***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Olaoluadefemi

Mar 18, 2020
FSW-O
AOR March 28.
Medical passed
Biometric completed
Meets Eligibility
But I got ADR today requesting I should complete and submit schedule 4- Provincial nominees Form.
My challenge is I never applied for any PNP.
Could it be a mistake from them?
Any idea could help.
Thanks
I suggest you raise a webform to inform them to clarify this. Explain your situation, it could be an error from their side

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
What test are you referring to?
Calgary airport started testing incoming international airport travelers for COVID-19. If this proves effective enough, the airport tess will replace mandatory quarantine for all international travelers.

Reactions: Olaoluadefemi

Parthg011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
I think the anxiety is mainly because of the mindset they created by advertising "6 months" processing time for 80% of applications.. Every single person will believe they're part of the lucky 80.. then here comes pandemic slowing it much further, and its not understandable how they're processing applications, either by AOR or ROA (if u may)..
What is lucky 80?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
I think the anxiety is mainly because of the mindset they created by advertising "6 months" processing time for 80% of applications.. Every single person will believe they're part of the lucky 80.. then here comes pandemic slowing it much further, and its not understandable how they're processing applications, either by AOR or ROA (if u may)..
Well, I agree processing patterns might look hectic from our end. But, the thing is if you look at MyImmiTracker stats, those expectations are more than reasonable.

Anyone in the remaining 20% might very well have been under some extended security background check, some because they added their wife or husband long after most of the processing was done, in which case, they're just back at the bottom of another application stack, and some more because they did not send all the required documents with all the necessary information for IRCC to expedite their case. Then, and only then you have a few out of luck gents who were simply forgotten by an uncareful employee (that happens, yes). So much for advertising.

Back when I applied, the average processing time to PPR was about 137 days (min ~90, max ~185 days).

Reactions: Olaoluadefemi

Parthg011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
On call agent twice(2 separate calls) said I have passed eligibility. Can I fill a webform to get approved in principle(AIP) document so that i can apply for OHIP?

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
What is the difference between a background verification and Security verification. I got the webform reply like this

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

@legalfalcon - Any forum where I can know about this?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I agree with you. I'm one of those that got excited and anxious. Calling my consultant, IRCC, raising web forms and GCMS notes. Going crazy. It's not healthy and we still need to live our lives immigration or not.

Stay safe!
Nice message

aravindanil

Mar 2, 2016
when your Bio exempted? did you get the Ghost update? when?
Mine wasn't exempted I did my bio in Oct 21 after 1 hr when I reached home. Login to see bio update I see both BOWP and EE application shows Application/UPDATED on BOWP LATEST UPDATED SHOW BIOMETRIC RECEIVED ON EE SHOWED MEDICAL PASSED. SOME SAY THEY DIDNT RECEIVED GU.I AM CONFUSED NOW WAS THAT GU FOR MY EE PROFILE??
I need help

Reactions: AlexiBaron

htuli

Jul 28, 2020
Hi all, this is me posting for the first time in this thread.
AOR March 18th
Medical passed - April
Biometric completed - August

I am not in Canada and am not able to connect with IRCC call center. Like others application is stuck with no updates. If a friend calls IRCC from Canada, will they give them the information on my behalf ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What is the difference between a background verification and Security verification. I got the webform reply like this

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

@legalfalcon - Any forum where I can know about this?
The BGC comprises of criminality and security. The criminality is usually done early in the processing of your application along with R10 unless your biometrics is pending or a PCC is pending. To read on stages of an application see https://bit.ly/3jllWCg

The security usually is initiated after eligibility is passed and is the last stage, and for most it takes 3-5 weeks. However, if an applicant is stuck in enhanced security screening it can take a very long time.

To read on security and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/2HduZIL

One way to keep a check is that your BGC status in your MyCIC account will change twice to in progress. This is an indication that first the criminality was in progress, and then the security.

As regards the webform response, It does not say anything about eligibility. So either your eligibility is still pending or may not have been conclusively passed by an officer. “Valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

To read more on how to under webform responses, see https://bit.ly/31Bn7rg

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
After reading all the post from different applicants, I want to say that until now when Biometrics were not happening everyone were staying calm and just keeping hopes but since everything is started we all are getting nervous and anxious about slow system and some lucky people receiving COPR.

I would just say everyone have their own time and in this Pandemic we have all survived the long delay and also stayed healthy, so why not we keep the same ray of hope.

My wishes for everyone to soon receive their Golden Email.
I agree with you. I'm one of those that got excited and anxious. Calling my consultant, IRCC, raising web forms and GCMS notes. Going crazy. It's not healthy and we still need to live our lives immigration or not.

Stay safe!
Calmness and positivity

While it is great to see applicants from the group get passport requests, calls for biometrics, progress, but the harsh reality is that you are still waiting. This causes even more anxiety and stress, and you may start wondering is there is anything wrong with your application. From fanatically visiting trends, data sheets to asking fellow applicants about their MyCIC status, ordering GCMS notes, calling IRCC and even sending multiple CSEs. The vicious cycle starts.

As time progress and more applicants start getting PPRs, calls for biometrics, ghost updates, and the anxiety and stress only increases.

But, is it worth it?

Definitely not. Many people think that filing an application for immigration with IRCC is akin to filing an application for your passport, driver's license etc. This is the biggest myth.

You should never compare timelines during the immigration process

An immigration application is a complex one, with many variables. No two applicants are the same, even if they may have the same date of birth, similar profiles, and may come from the same country.

Since you have filed your application, you must be aware that many questions are asked on the application, which then have to be supported by documents. This is what makes each application unique, and so does the processing of such applications.

With so many variables, when you compare your application timelines with another applicant, you are comparing apples to oranges. Please remember, immigration is law, and as any lawyer will tell you, no two cases are ever the same.

I have always emphasized and reiterated, instead of being obsessed with timeless, follow the progress by tracking the stages of your application.

R10 (completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

The uniqueness of each application does not stop here, the processing and evaluation of each application are done by humans, who have their own unique personality and way of analyzing. Even though each immigration officer is obligated to follow the law as stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Regulations, and the manuals, by their speed, way they analyze, and their drive, are factors, which again add more variables.

Also, IRCC has many visa offices where applications are processed. Each visa office has different priorities, workloads, and individuals, that once again adds to more variables. Now with COVID, a lot of new protocols have been put in place, and people age getting fatigued, and every one is stressed.

In conclusion, most applications are processed within 6 months or less, and the 6 months processing time starts when your application is assessed as complete (R10). However, as per the recent 2019 annual report, this has not gone up to 8-9 months. Don't be disheartened and stress yourself. If you have filed all your documents, and you meet the criteria, your application will be approved. Just don't stress yourself out. Lead your life as normal, do things that you love and spend time with your family. After you move to Canada, another rat race is waiting for you.

All the best!

Nuzhat Ali

Nov 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Hi all, this is me posting for the first time in this thread.
AOR March 18th
Medical passed - April
Biometric completed - August

I am not in Canada and am not able to connect with IRCC call center. Like others application is stuck with no updates. If a friend calls IRCC from Canada, will they give them the information on my behalf ?
If you’re getting someone else to call on your behalf, it has to be a person who’s been authorised to receive information on your behalf. There’s an authorisation form that you and your friend will need to fill out and send. The process takes 5-10 days.
I was unable to call IRCC from my home country as well, and I asked my brother-in-law in Canada to call on my behalf. The agent didn’t give him any information and asked him to fill out the authorisation form if he wanted to know about my application.

Reactions: htuli