Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
I received my GCMS notes yesterday, according to which all stages have been passed and the final decision was stated as approved. According to the notes, our application was approved on 26 September.

I received three ghost updates in September/October. The first one in September was when our biometric was updated on the profile. The rest two in October didn’t show any change on the profile page. I am FSW-O, March 6 AOR.

I was wondering, what do ghost updates signify once your file has been approved? I don’t see any change on the profile page, so what kind of work is done on the application once it has officially been approved by the officer? We stay in India, so I’m pretty sure getting a PPR won’t be happening any time soon either.
Would love some input about this from @legalfalcon
Well, don't forget that visas are not necessarily delivered by the office that process the files. And transferring a file seems to trigger a GU.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I received my GCMS notes yesterday, according to which all stages have been passed and the final decision was stated as approved. According to the notes, our application was approved on 26 September.

I received three ghost updates in September/October. The first one in September was when our biometric was updated on the profile. The rest two in October didn’t show any change on the profile page. I am FSW-O, March 6 AOR.

I was wondering, what do ghost updates signify once your file has been approved? I don’t see any change on the profile page, so what kind of work is done on the application once it has officially been approved by the officer? We stay in India, so I’m pretty sure getting a PPR won’t be happening any time soon either.
Would love some input about this from @legalfalcon
The ghost updates is not a legal or a term that is defined anywhere. If you compare the dates when you receive the GU with the GCMS notes requested later, you will see corresponding activities and some movement.

The GU signifies a movement in your file, which could be as mundane as transfer to another office, adding a document, or a major one such as sending a PPR.

The bottom line being that the GU is a good sign as it signifies a movement.

If your application is approved, and you recently received a GU, just wait for 48-36 hours and if you do not hear back, send a webform and inquire.

Reactions: tapioca

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for this info. I applied for GCMS on 12th of Sept for myself through privacy act and still haven't recieved them. I will follow up with them regarding this.
There are instances where IRCC ATIP has inexplicable delays and it's best to follow up with them directly. It's bad advice to file a complaint unless it's chronically delayed, though you have a limited window of opportunity to file a complaint. It has to be done strategically as once you file a complaint you lose the opportunity to work it out with IRCC ATIP. Complaint process is slow and it can take months/years for a resolution and more often than not IRCC ATIP will send over the file by the time the complaint investigation process begins and you will receive a response like this

The Office of the Information Commissioner received the complaint on xxxxxxx.

At the start of the investigation, the OIC learned that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada had responded to the access request on xxxxxxxx. Consequently, further investigation was unnecessary.

Section 41 of the Act provides a right to the complainant who receives this report to apply to the Federal Court for a review. The complainant must apply for this review within 35 business days after the date of this report and must serve a copy of the application for review to the relevant parties, as per section 43.

Reactions: Angel1113

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
I am forever hopeful, but I just have a feeling for this that waiting game is going to extend. Most recent PPR/COPR are for PNP applicants. Some very very lucky people in April got theirs too. But does anyone know someone from March, April or so on who got COPR and are in the next stage. I am talking about inland applicants (CEC or FSW).
Another reason is people who got everything approved from 2019 are still waiting.

I had a really strong feeling I might get something this week, but nothing except a GU and a hyperlink.
Again I am not being pessimistic, but there is no point in getting anxious, atleast that is what I learned during this week.

I would love and want to be proven wrong on this, so please share if you have some examples.

Note: AOR March 20th
I second your opinion on this. have been looking at the patterns and feel the same as you do. FSW or CEC Inland March applicants are stuck badly. specially CPC Ottawa office.

Myself

FSW Inland
AOR: March 05th
Biometrics updated: 15th OCT
Eligibility: Passed (As per 5 agents I called in the last 2 months)
Security: Not Started (Not sure why if eligibility is stated passed)
Criminality: In progress ( I don't know for how long).
GCMS notes ordered and waiting.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
There are instances where IRCC ATIP has inexplicable delays and it's best to follow up with them directly. It's bad advice to file a complaint unless it's chronically delayed, though you have a limited window of opportunity to file a complaint. It has to be done strategically as once you file a complaint you lose the opportunity to work it out with IRCC ATIP. Complaint process is slow and it can take months/years for a resolution and more often than not IRCC ATIP will send over the file by the time the complaint investigation process begins and you will receive a response like this

The Office of the Information Commissioner received the complaint on xxxxxxx.

At the start of the investigation, the OIC learned that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada had responded to the access request on xxxxxxxx. Consequently, further investigation was unnecessary.

Section 41 of the Act provides a right to the complainant who receives this report to apply to the Federal Court for a review. The complainant must apply for this review within 35 business days after the date of this report and must serve a copy of the application for review to the relevant parties, as per section 43.
Thanks for the info @caipsnotes

Reactions: caipsnotes

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
Just got off the phone with CIC, Agent was friendly and helpful with my questions.

AOR March 17th, CEC Inland
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done Oct 8th
Eligibility - Passed
Criminality - In progress
Security - Passed

• Love
Reactions: harshrk6392

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Just got off the phone with CIC, Agent was friendly and helpful with my questions.

AOR March 17th, CEC Inland
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done Oct 8th
Eligibility - Passed
Criminality - In progress
Security - Passed
This is great news!

Oct 23, 2020
Long time follower of this forum. Received a similar email this morning from "CIC landings" asking for address, to confirm in canada, and some travel history.

CEC Inland
AOR: March 15th
BIL: Apr 30th
Biometrics exempt, updated on portal Oct 22nd
Just to update...logged back into the online portal and saw we have COPR! So if anyone gets the above email, it's probably good news