+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Rajsree84

Apr 25, 2020
Hi All,
I have done finger printing at port of entry when I came to Canada in 2018 on Work Permit. However not gone to Service Canada for biometrics.
Will finger printing done at port of entry be considered as biometrices and we exempt for PR ?
I don't this they will consider POE.everybody applying inland would have come through POE.Then it is exempt for all

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Whats your status? Did you get your biometrics done?
Yes I did it before lock-down.

CEC Inland • AOR 3rd March • Medical 10th March • Biometric 12th March • Request for updated IMMR5406e 11th August Acknowledgement for IMM5406e 12th August

Rajeeg

Dec 23, 2019
Hey.. I gave my biometrics in jan 2019 for visitors visa. Today got the news that biometrics are not needed for those whose biometrics are valid. In my PR application, my previous biometrics details are mentioned but it also says that they have not received my biometrics as per the BIL for PR application. Whether they will update the portal and Process my application? Otherwise I would be under the impression they have biometrics and they won't process the application further.

pchem

Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have few questions and I thank you in advance for your help:

- How can I call if I am outside Canada? Textnow was suggested but it isn't working for me.

- I submitted a webform two weeks ago and I got nothing. Just a generic reply that they are processing my file after 7 days. I want to order GCMS notes. My sister lives in Canada can she order them on my behalf given that I didn't assign her as a representative when I submitted my application.

- Last, how many times are you refreshing your emails these days?

Best of luck to everyone and thank you

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-permanent-residents.html

Who is exempt under this public policy
Applicants are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics if they have both of the following:

• a new or pending application for permanent residence made from within or outside Canada
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Biometric fee
Applicants should not pay the biometric fee (CAN$85) for a new application for permanent residence, even if the system asks them to pay it when they submit their application.

If an applicant has a pending permanent residence application for which they have already paid the biometric fee, and they are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics, IRCC will process their application and send them a refund for the biometric fee (CAN$85). Applicants do not need to do anything to initiate this refund.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Does it include Study Permit or Work Permit applicants who gave biometrics before?

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Me
Hey.. I gave my biometrics in jan 2019 for visitors visa. Today got the news that biometrics are not needed for those whose biometrics are valid. In my PR application, my previous biometrics details are mentioned but it also says that they have not received my biometrics as per the BIL for PR application. Whether they will update the portal and Process my application? Otherwise I would be under the impression they have biometrics and they won't process the application further.
Me tooo want to know

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Just wanted to give an update:

AOR March 24th, 2020
Inland Applicant CEC, FSW (qualified for both)
Biometrics done September 7th (I did it at the VAC of my home country)

Got COPR yesterday.

Good luck to everybody! I hope this means that applications move quick once BIOs are done.
Didn't they disallow people from getting biometrics done outside of Canada?

ankit_ec

Jan 2, 2018
Hi All, I have a question - My Application status is closed and application reason code is approved in gcms notes, but I have not received anything related to copr neither there is any update on application on ircc portal. It' still shows in progress. Any idea how many days it takes to receive copr?

Reactions: aps1989