+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
thanks for reply. Usually how much time does this security check takes? As I have no travel history.
It does not follow a certain rule. Every case in unique. You could check the below tracker and open some of the cases to check what is the timeline taken to progress through Background Checks.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

You can filter the cases by Nationality and/Country of residence to check if there is a close timeline for cases with similar "Country of Residence" or "Nationality" .

Once you open a certain case, you can check the history on the lower right side of the page for specific dates.

Reactions: hundal jagbir

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Got my GCMS notes today (Sep 09), order date: 20-Aug
Eligibility and medical passed.
Looks like criminality and background check is in process pending Biometrics..
so nothing much I can do now other than wait for service Canada to open! o_O
This is great news. Congratulations. Hopefully the centres open soon and everything will work out for all of us

$am

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Worried... I ordered on Aug-18. still waiting!! CEC - AOR 24th april

przemekrebacz

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-06-2020
AOR Received.
17-06-2020
Med's Done....
05-08-2020
thanks for reply. Usually how much time does this security check takes? As I have no travel history.
The worse case scenario is when they red flag you because of system mistake or you get mistaken by someone else. It's nothing to be worried about but i read that it's a possibility. Than Security can take really really long time like over a year or so. But like other people have stated - every case is unique. It depends on person, his origin, his family if they are accompanying him.

For example i am from Poland yet my Common Law Partner is from Belarus and have a Polish citizenship. So the Security check could take longer because of his country of origin.

hundal jagbir

May 8, 2020
The worse case scenario is when they red flag you because of system mistake or you get mistaken by someone else. It's nothing to be worried about but i read that it's a possibility. Than Security can take really really long time like over a year or so. But like other people have stated - every case is unique. It depends on person, his origin, his family if they are accompanying him.

For example i am from Poland yet my Common Law Partner is from Belarus and have a Polish citizenship. So the Security check could take longer because of his country of origin.
thanks for reply.

Rajsree84

Apr 25, 2020
when was your aor?
background check and security check are same?