+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hi guys, I got a question with my Biometrics info. As required by IRCC, anyone who applies for permanent residency for the first time must provide their biometric info no matter if they have given the info before for other type of visas, eg. student, visitor.

I came to Canada last year as an international student and gave my Biometrics info in my country to get student visa last year, my EE application is being processed right now. I'm still waiting for a notice asking me to give my Biometrics for the PR application. However, this morning I noticed that my Biometrics info has been filled with the Biometrics info i gave last year for the student visa. My spouse, who never gave her Biometrics, her info is still blank.

I'm confused since I consider I should give a new Biometrics for my PR application but it seems that IRCC doesn't need and they just use old info.
You aren’t the only one, I’ve read this recently from other applicants on this platform. It would appear that due to the number of applicant with biometrics still pending, IRCC might decide to use the old biometrics from Study Visa or Work Permit application to you know speed things up. There hasn’t been any official notification about this from IRCC. So for now, we should assume that you might still get BIL until we hear otherwise. Personally, I think that’s what’s gonna happen (IRCC using old biometric, if they don’t want to exceed the 6 month application processing window)

lc2918

May 12, 2020
You aren’t the only one, I’ve read this recently from other applicants on this platform. It would appear that due to the number of applicant with biometrics still pending, IRCC might decide to use the old biometrics from Study Visa or Work Permit application to you know speed things up. There hasn’t been any official notification about this from IRCC. So for now, we should assume that you might still get BIL until we hear otherwise. Personally, I think that’s what’s gonna happen (IRCC using old biometric, if they don’t want to exceed the 6 month application processing window)
Yes, I agree with you. I still receive a letter asking me to provide my biometrics info within 90 days.

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Anybody has any clue as to when will service canada reopen for biometrics? They are already processing feb applications which means next is March but starting from march, most of the applicants have not been able to give biometrics in canada?

Happy Harper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
What about those who don't have any biometrics on file but inside Canada already?

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Did you not provide police certificate?
And you are also supposed to provide driving history from VicRoads if you are from Victoria. Also applicable to Queensland residents.

So sorry to hear such bad news.

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi everyone, can someone please respond to my question below?

I uploaded only one page of my UK police certificate (the page that has my photo on it with the outcome of the investigation). i did not upload the accompanying page (which has explanations of outcomes). However, i have seen someone got their application rejected because of this!

I have sent a web form and included the second page since my application has not yet been looked at. Will this affect my application negatively? It is so stressful.

Thank you

Azoua

May 28, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
5th march 2020
Med's Done....
22feb2020
Hello,
I have also uploaded UK police certificate and there is only one page. The accompanying page is just a generic letter to explain how to read the report (no trace...).
Hope this helps.
When is your AoR ? Mine is 5th March and got a request on 11th March to provide a complete certificate of birth for 2 of my kids who are born in the UK (You have a short version and long version of birth certificate).
So R10 is done meaning that the application is complete.
You should not worry

Reactions: ChessGirl

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello,
I have also uploaded UK police certificate and there is only one page. The accompanying page is just a generic letter to explain how to read the report (no trace...).
Hope this helps.
When is your AoR ? Mine is 5th March and got a request on 11th March to provide a complete certificate of birth for 2 of my kids who are born in the UK (You have a short version and long version of birth certificate).
So R10 is done meaning that the application is complete.
You should not worry
Thank you so much for the response. I am now at ease.

My AOR is May 19th...i posted my question here since this section is more active than the May AOR page.

All the best with your application. :)

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Yes, I uploaded PCC. Complete disclosure all offence. But I did not submit driving history. I am on an international license. Is there any chance, if I request for review. or should I go for a new draw, though my point is now 466 only?
I believe you were supposed to submit "Standard Disclosure Name check only" and driving history merged into one pdf (even if you're on an international licence).

I don't think there's any way to appeal or anything like when an application is rejected due to incompleteness.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi I received the request for RPRF payment after 3 months of AOR. Is this a good sign? Or just started reviewing my application. If anyone got the PPR recently can tell me hiw long it took for them to get PPR after RPRF? Would like to know.! Pls! Thanks