+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Hi Rahul,

I feel your anger and frustration for waiting so long in immigration process. However the idea of letting someone in their own country "permanently" is a big deal.
Put yourself in their shoes and think, would you allow someone unknown to live in your house permanently with a lot of privileges.?

I know most of people on this forum will not like this but I could not resist. Canada is allowing people from another countries in Canada without paying a single penny in tax. $1100+ fees they are asking is more than reasonable, time period under 1 year for applications to be approved is more than reasonable. I can not complain and could not be more thankful to Canadian Government for such an amazing initiative.

If you really feel that Canada is sinking economy then please please please do not come to Canada, let someone else who deserves to be here give a chance, who has paid tuition fees and paid taxes while working. And if you really want to go to USA please do so, and as I said let someone else have your spot who is grateful for this opportunity. I will encourage you to wait for USA to restart their immigration process and you are one of the first applicants.

All the best.

Hi- Thanks for your note,

I hope that we should understand that no one does anything for free or any favours. It's all about give and take. Immigrants do their part by fulfilling their responsibilities and now the onus should be on IRCC to show some credibility by helping those atleast who have been stuck for months. The question still remains unanswered that IRCC lacks accountability for many people who are waiting for more than 1 year since the review process is not standardised. May be technology or tools needs some upgradation, hopefully current fee hikes address that matter.

Now if they start taxing people on arrival, that wont make any sense. I am sure this is pretty usual wherever you land as an immigrant.

Thanks for advise, not come to Canada and going to USA. Day economic immigration opens in USA a big lot of immigrants will themselves move there, so need to even advice me or anyone else. I am sorry for being more vocal as i don't like giving diplomatic statements and i am just putting the facts. What sense it makes that for 10 years there is no fee hike and suddenly its doubled. I am sure none of us have witnessed such things back home. You generally pass burden of inflation in a systematic way and not in lumpsum in one big year. Clear signs that sources of revenues are diluting and this is most reliable and consistent source. So let's hike fee here.

Now coming to fees- $ 1,100/- - I am sure current fee structure and other expenses are far too much than 1100. (fees is doubled now).

- It includes application fee , residence visa fee, evaluation fee, english testing ability and medical fees- so for sure the stakeholders involved (sorry for using word stakeholders as this happens to be profit making opportunity which everyone is targeting these days) are making good fortune.

But yes, nothing is for free you have to pay the price and this is 365 days open business opportunity these days for some people these days. I am happy for them to make the best out of it.

But just think about immigrants and

1) If some one comes to your home you atleast make them sit and wait and not ask them to stand outside the door and than tell them whether you would see them or not will be confirmed after waiting for 3-4 hours.

2) IRCC take there time but be responsive and transparent as to the status of what is happening. Don't put timelines of 6 months on forums and below that put 10 caveats that delay may happen because of this and that. I acknowledge that 6 months can be one year but 6 months cannot be 2 or 3 years. that's strange.

3) Biometrics- up until last year everything was ok, in current situation people are waiting since March and its been 4 months. Its been wait, wait, wait for them. IRCC needs to be practical and exempt it. if you have been letting people in for years i hope no harm in letting them in for one more year. Anyways you are letting other categories in. Make this requirement must do before PR becomes citizen.

For new immigrants make it pleasant experience so they feel happy to be part of this country and contribute.

COVId and for that reason any pandemic can be a valid reason for all delay in processing post March 2020, but what is happening with those who in queue since Jan 2019. I assume Canada was not facing any bad times in 2019. So atleast we can expect response for those people.

Last edited:

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
IrCC sole objective currently is to collect money and now they have doubled fees so that objective has been achieved but when it comes to providing information they have one lame excuse we currently don’t know, well if you don’t know stop this immigration drama in sinking economy which was already been slow and now everyone wonders what will happen.

they only boast 6 months and they cannot tell you after 3 months where they are, clearly shows how careless they are in addressing the applicants concerns and that’s none of their business seems like.
It’s high time government need to reform this ,

now they should not compare to US , if USA start economic immigration ( which is expected in coming time) I bet no one will come to Canada and for that sake given that option every one will switch over to USA if they get residency.Hope the IRCc understand that they are not doing any favour on immigrants
I read the post Rahul and by the time I was responding it was deleted. So please allow me to quote this message.

So when you apply to come to Canada permanently, its no joke. You are asking to a government of a country if they would let you live in their country for the rest of your life with an option of becoming a citizen in future, A freaking CITIZEN. You will be a liability to Canada afterwards (normally 3 years after PR and paying continuous taxes). If another pandemic strikes the world after that and you are stuck in some other country, Canada will be the one to send an aircraft for you, NOT India.

I have read posts where people says "Exempt people from bio-metric" as no body's business, security check is not for fun. You could be anyone, you could have done anything in your past which was documented in some corner of the whole world, THE WHOLE WORLD, but not mentioned on your application, which Canadian Government is obliged to know, as you are becoming their liability. And which obviously takes time to check. They have to make sure that you are not a threat to the community.

From your deleted message it seemed like you have extremely good understanding of how the world works, and by waiting patiently for your application to be approved you get to practice that knowledge.

At the end of the day, this is what you get when you apply to IRCC. You can be vocal, you can be frustrated but every step they take is for a reason and is 110% valid. No one can say anything against it. If someone does so it will be a question on their intelligence.

I sincerely hope for the best for everyone, but the process has a reason and it will be this way whether anyone likes it or not. All we can do is support everyone, even IRCC, during these difficult times and hope for the best.

And if you are still frustrated and angry, just give it up and let someone else take your spot. Please...

Reactions: zaid.ahmed23

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi Rahul,

I feel your anger and frustration for waiting so long in immigration process. However the idea of letting someone in their own country "permanently" is a big deal.
Put yourself in their shoes and think, would you allow someone unknown to live in your house permanently with a lot of privileges.?

I know most of people on this forum will not like this but I could not resist. Canada is allowing people from another countries in Canada without paying a single penny in tax. $1100+ fees they are asking is more than reasonable, time period under 1 year for applications to be approved is more than reasonable. I can not complain and could not be more thankful to Canadian Government for such an amazing initiative.

If you really feel that Canada is sinking economy then please please please do not come to Canada, let someone else who deserves to be here give a chance, who has paid tuition fees and paid taxes while working. And if you really want to go to USA please do so, and as I said let someone else have your spot who is grateful for this opportunity. I will encourage you to wait for USA to restart their immigration process and you are one of the first applicants.

All the best.
100% agree. It's totally a big deal and a privilege. People are migrating from different countries, some are coming from villages, some are migrating from cities where there is a lot of competition for them and there is no jobs available.

Changing your home country is a big deal. You are going to totally change your home country and going to a developed nation, a land of opportunitues.
Sometimes we take it for granted but I can't complain.
It is not that hard to migrate Canada comparing to other countries. Remember, most of the population are migrants. In fact I feel, they have made the process easy and simple.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
100% agree. It's totally a big deal and a privilege. People are migrating from different countries, some are coming from villages, some are migrating from cities where there is a lot of competition for them and there is no jobs available.

Changing your home country is a big deal. You are going to totally change your home country and going to a developed nation, a land of opportunitues.
Sometimes we take it for granted but I can't complain.
It is not that hard to migrate Canada comparing to other countries. Remember, most of the population are migrants. In fact I feel, they have made the process easy and simple.
Thanks for your note, in a way I see your perspective And respect that , I am too far I my process and will be getting it done any time , but I do feel bad for some left in midst for almost one plus year and no one responds to them properly. I am happy to wait few more months if IRCC tell me that they are clearing backlog for 2019 applicants.

I know every one wants his or her to be prioritised but I am more than happy that If IRCC takes initiative to let people cross the line who in queue for one plus year.

anyways my views don’t matter much nor can we improve the system.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Thanks for your note, in a way I see your perspective And respect that , I am too far I my process and will be getting it done any time , but I do feel bad for some left in midst for almost one plus year and no one responds to them properly. I am happy to wait few more months if IRCC tell me that they are clearing backlog for 2019 applicants.

I know every one wants his or her to be prioritised but I am more than happy that If IRCC takes initiative to let people cross the line who in queue for one plus year.

anyways my views don’t matter much nor can we improve the system.
The current system is too much improved. Earlier my friend applied for permanent residency in 2010 and was approved in 2015. The express entry is called express because it reduced the time frame almost by 1/5th (which is still 1 year).
IRCC can take as much time as they need to assess a person without exposing the application what exactly is going on.

We all are in the same boat and its good to get the frustration out of our system. If it makes you feel any better, if I could I would let your decision come out before mine.

Good luck. :)

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Anyone else having their file processed at Edmonton office? I called an agent and found out that there is no single movement on my file since March. That’s disappointing. Is there any difference in information between calling an agent vs ordering gcms notes ?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
The current system is too much improved. Earlier my friend applied for permanent residency in 2010 and was approved in 2015. The express entry is called express because it reduced the time frame almost by 1/5th (which is still 1 year).
IRCC can take as much time as they need to assess a person without exposing the application what exactly is going on.

We all are in the same boat and its good to get the frustration out of our system. If it makes you feel any better, if I could I would let your decision come out before mine.

Good luck. :)
Thanks , for note. And being generous , hope all in forum who are awaiting this cross the line so that they can plan well

Reactions: bgpatel

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Anyone else having their file processed at Edmonton office? I called an agent and found out that there is no single movement on my file since March. That’s disappointing. Is there any difference in information between calling an agent vs ordering gcms notes ?
GCms will give which office is looking after file, but for calling agent vs gcms I won’t assume any difference but it makes sense to try gcms as well as it’s not that costly just 5 dollars, so worth taking a shot at it

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
No difference and yes Edmonton office nothing is happening since march. Even eligibility is not started as compared to Ottawa office. So you gotta wait! patiently!
And GCMS will tell you the same thing which the agent says or the webform response is. So no use of ordering gcms notes yet. Since nothing is happening there...

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
I got my GCMS note today (ordered on July 2nd):

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

MI3 A11.2: Met
R87.1: CEC Minimum requirements - Met
Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Now just wait for SC to open for Biometrics and done T.T
Hi, does on your application page it says eligibility passed?

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Hi all, would like to share my timeline (Outland PNP):
AOR: March 30
MEP: May 27
Bio: June 3
Early July: Ghost Update
Not knowing whether this should be counted as the #1 GU or the #2 GU, because after we have done our Bios, the main page showed "updated" due to the updates of the bios related fields. Guess it does not qualify for a "ghost" update, given there is indeed an update (where, as I learned from other threads, that a ghost update is an update showing on the main page but actually nothing happens inside) ... If that's the case, we have experienced a #1 GU.