Also, what about the medical exam?
There is an exemption now

When to get your medical exam
In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.
Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
No problem. One last question: My IELTS will expire on 24 December 2021(i.e less than two years old). Can I reuse it for my CEC class PR? My point is around 505 so I am expecting to get a call soon

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:
  • complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results

The line in bold is confusing me
I think that it means is that once you are in the EE pool, make sure your IELTS remains valid. When you get invitation and submit PR application, your IELTS score should be unexpired (but still can be arbitrarily close to the 2y mark)

Reactions: Gomze

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
No problem. One last question: My IELTS will expire on 24 December 2021(i.e less than two years old). Can I reuse it for my CEC class PR? My point is around 505 so I am expecting to get a call soon

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:
  • complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results

The line in bold is confusing me
Your profile will be locked at the date once you submit your documents after receiving ITA. Just make sure your IELTS is still valid at the date of AOR.

Reactions: Gomze

euzmar0813

Oct 25, 2020
It was on my portal not a direct email. It was addressed to me. But it said

"This is reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:
1) Passports (then details about it)
2) Photographs (then details about it)
3) Change in circumstances (details about it)
4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O) (details about it)"

I made a call to 1-800 number, talked to the agent. She was very confused as well. She said that they are not sending passport request to inland applicant. So I shouldn't send my passport to Ottawa. She said that she is making an inquiry about my passport or how this should be resolved.
And advised me to send my spouse's (dependent outland applicant) passport as per instructions on the letter and asked to attach a letter of explanation along with it saying that "She is a dependent outland applicant and primary applicant is inland that is why she is only submitting her passport"
Hello, which portal? pr confirmation portal? thanks

BianLong0618

Sep 3, 2020
China
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa office
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-02-2020
Has anyone been assigned to AB14712 ? File not finalized since October 2020 :(
same boat here! Assigned To: AB14712, Assigned By: AB14712, Due Date: 2020/10/02. any idea about ab14712?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,
I contacted IRCC recently (using webform) and two months ago. these are the response I received. I got replies about about background status. I did ask about my medicals but they ignored it on both the request. Security background seems to be the same, but the background verifications has changed from "in process" to "valid". Are they not allowed to say security check is completed? or my security check is incomplete?
Thanks in advance.

July 22 2021 Status:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

May 28 2021 Status:
  • The background verifications are in process.

Saradeen+

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I am confused and frustrated about this. I applied to renew my work visa. It Will expires on Sept 23ed, and I received a response that it will be extended until November 18th or I received a decision on my application.

Anyone received the same response?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,
I contacted IRCC recently (using webform) and two months ago. these are the response I received. I got replies about about background status. I did ask about my medicals but they ignored it on both the request. Security background seems to be the same, but the background verifications has changed from "in process" to "valid". Are they not allowed to say security check is completed? or my security check is incomplete?
Thanks in advance.

July 22 2021 Status:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.

May 28 2021 Status:
  • The background verifications are in process.
Can anyone explain why does my background verification says currently valid while my security is not been initiated? I thought security is part of background verification?

anonotterpanda

May 4, 2021
What is the procedure to start a new application under CEC, while my FSW application is still in progress? I tried the "Apply to Come to Canada" wizard but it only gives me two options: Work, study or Visit, or International Experience Class. When I finish the IEC questionnaire it says I'm not eligible.

Then I tried the normal IRCC questionnaire (the one where you start initially without logging in). That questionnaire basically determined that I was eligible for FSW, but had no mention of CEC. It gave me a personal code, which when I tried to input into my portal the portal errored out and said I already had an application in progress (of course I do, a FSW application).

How do I apply to CEC specifically?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Just called IRCC. The status is same as 2 months ago. You can see the status in my signature. FSW Outland hasn't moved any bit since the re-opening.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
What is the procedure to start a new application under CEC, while my FSW application is still in progress? I tried the "Apply to Come to Canada" wizard but it only gives me two options: Work, study or Visit, or International Experience Class. When I finish the IEC questionnaire it says I'm not eligible.

Then I tried the normal IRCC questionnaire (the one where you start initially without logging in). That questionnaire basically determined that I was eligible for FSW, but had no mention of CEC. It gave me a personal code, which when I tried to input into my portal the portal errored out and said I already had an application in progress (of course I do, a FSW application).

How do I apply to CEC specifically?
I guess you may need to create a new gckey.

dreamit

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
I am confused and frustrated about this. I applied to renew my work visa. It Will expires on Sept 23ed, and I received a response that it will be extended until November 18th or I received a decision on my application.

Anyone received the same response?
That just acknowledgement and implied status until you receive a decision on your work permit application.