+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
If you are FSW or PNP outside Canada, even if IRCC has approved your application, you may not receive a PPR. This is because if you are not exempt from travel, sending a PPR makes no sense. There are many applicants in the same situation and you will have to just wait it out.
Hi @legalfalcon you mean that for us FSW applying outland until travelling restrictions are gone, we wont have any progress or update in our application?

EECandidate20

Jan 26, 2020
I saw myself in this group but don’t understand. What does it mean dude?
I think it is for applications exempted from giving biometrics around October 15th.
What is your Eligibility, security, criminality status, and what is your visa office?

Mariem Rita

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Where are you from?
Tunisia!
I have been following MMi tracker and saw some FSW outland given PR but not sure its because they have family in Canada ? so exempt from travel ban ?
Im really confused.
We all know that travel ban wont be lifted any time soon but at least will be nice to be aware of it and prepare mentally that its not gonna happen this year at least not before september 2021 ? Not holding jobs, career while waiting ?

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
Tunisia!
I have been following MMi tracker and saw some FSW outland given PR but not sure its because they have family in Canada ? so exempt from travel ban ?
Im really confused.
We all know that travel ban wont be lifted any time soon but at least will be nice to be aware of it and prepare mentally that its not gonna happen this year at least not before september 2021 ? Not holding jobs, career while waiting ?
I agree! It is so frustrating not knowing when to expect confirmations.

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
Tunisia!
Im really confused.
Why did you mention September?

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Now that I looked at my last five pages in GCMS notes, I can see that there is a “Summary notes” part that says “Review required for employment letter no duties provided with other employment letter. Information is not clear if this is considered self-declared employment”.

Do you think it’s worth sending them an additonal document explaining duties and nature of work?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon you mean that for us FSW applying outland until travelling restrictions are gone, we wont have any progress or update in our application?
Not necessary. But IRCC is not issuing COPRs even if your application is approved since if you cannot travel then your COPR will expire and you will have to get a new one and maybe redo the meds.

liannaf

Oct 21, 2020
Not necessary. But IRCC is not issuing COPRs even if your application is approved since if you cannot travel then your COPR will expire and you will have to get a new one and maybe redo the meds.
@legalfalcon is there a way to let IRCC know I am ready to travel? I’m an American citizen in the states. Everything passed, security not initiated-since October. My meds are expiring in 18 days. AOR March 26th 2020

Reactions: guelphite

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
Thank you, that makes sense! We have to be (more) patient then haha

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon is there a way to let IRCC know I am ready to travel? I’m an American citizen in the states. Everything passed, security not initiated-since October. My meds are expiring in 18 days. AOR March 26th 2020

Technically you are exempt from travel restrictions if you are in the US. There is no way to expedite the processing of your application even if everything is passed. There are many applicants who are in the same boat where their security has not been initiated and this is because of office closures. Security is done by CBSA and CSIS and takes an average of 110 days after it is initiated, if you are not in comprehensive screening.

To read on security, how it is done and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3iE3syj

If your meds are about to expire, they will be sent for reassessment and the health branch will decide whether to extend or ask for remed. This will be done automatically and if remed are required, you will be informed.

Currently only CEC applications are being processed in full swing, all other are experiencing delays.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process. And this was pre-COVID

You can send webform or request your GCMS notes to know the details, since your eligibility has started.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
I think it is for applications exempted from giving biometrics around October 15th.
What is your Eligibility, security, criminality status, and what is your visa office?
My bio (exempted) was updated on Oct 16 but there has been no movement in my case. Nothing is passed just yet. My visa office is Etobicoke. Secondary is CIO.

Last edited:

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
Hi

What is happening in Ottawa VO?

Any one here cec inland applicant with Ottawa VO

AOR 20 March 2020 but only eligibility passed..

So frustrating because June and July applicant already got their COPR..

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

What is happening in Ottawa VO?

Any one here cec inland applicant with Ottawa VO

AOR 20 March 2020 but only eligibility passed..

So frustrating because June and July applicant already got their COPR..
Mostly June applicants, just a handful of July applicants have received their COPR. I do understand your frustration, I see August and September applicants receiving COPR.

saidurrkhan

Dec 13, 2019
Hi legalfalcon, hope you are doing good... Recently we have been asked to do remed and we considered it as a sign of good progress. But if it was triggered as a routine process since our last med was done in end Feb, then looks like we may have to wait for an unknown period of time. We will be really disheartened....

FSW - O
AOR 21 Mar
EE, rcvd nomination from Alberta

Last edited: