Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I am CEC inland applicant(March 5th,) and my Express entry current status is except Security everything passed. Due to emergency i have travelled to my home country in Sep and retuned back 1st week of Oct, Do i need to update IRCC regarding my short travel through webform? Is this causing my security status is still in not initiated level? I have read regarding security which you have posted, and i have passed eligibility in august 12th, Please advise.

No, after your application is submitted, you do not have to inform IRCC of any travels. Only if you change your country of residence you have to inform IRCC.

Security has nothing to do with your travel. Due to COVID there are delays in initiating security, and its an administrative delay.

To read on security screening, how it is initiated and who does it, see https://bit.ly/3sFn5ut

krushit_patel

Nov 5, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
I'm a CEC inland applicant and there is no one progress or update on my application for the past 4 month.

AOR: March 4th
Medical passed: April 20th
Biometrics passed: September 24th
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
VO Ottawa

I don't understand what's causing this delay, it's very discouraging and frustrating. I foresee another few months of further delay considering they haven't even started my security evaluation even after >10 months. It's like nobody is working on my profile at all. I'm holding off my travel plans because of this situation and in the hope that it might come be approved soon. Is anyone in similar situation with their criminality check still in progress?
AOR: March 10
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
etobicoke office

intezar2020

Nov 24, 2020
Honestly I'm not sure why they blaming covid for slow processing times when a lot, if not majority of applications, are done online which doesn't require officers to be in the office. Is there any practical reason why they cannot be just as fast working from home? I mean it's not like companies from other industries that allow work from home have been slowed down like IRCC. Can't help but think they are being lazy and just goofing off at home.
Totally agree.

sivaadhiban95

Jan 19, 2021
AOR - March 8, 2020
Primary VO - Ottawa

Secondary VO - Edmonton
Single Applicant - CEC Inland
Biometrics Request - April 6, 2020
Biometrics Complete- October 13, 2020
GCMS Applied - Mid of November, 2020
GCMS Received - Early December, 2020 (Info sharing and Criminality - In Progress; Eligibility - Passed; Medical - Passed; Security - Mentioned nothing)
Travel History - 5 (Tourism) + 1 (Canada) +1 (Home Country - India) = 7
No Update on CoPR as of Today (January 19, 2021)

Last edited:
Reactions: manisingh2301

abhi77

Dec 27, 2018
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
As per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1-wz7aGHe0IDS_ElMDwM4PQyxZb5BTt__SFzIB-ZZ51k-6pQ2pfVF7aX8

CEC is being prioritized. Do inland PNP with Canadian experience be part of it?

"Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available."

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
As per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1-wz7aGHe0IDS_ElMDwM4PQyxZb5BTt__SFzIB-ZZ51k-6pQ2pfVF7aX8

CEC is being prioritized. Do inland PNP with Canadian experience be part of it?

"Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available."
At least this is encouraging for CEC applicants. Things getting back on Track

Reactions: Bruno1808

moiramoira

Dec 27, 2019
Hi all,

I have recently received an email from local CIC office and in the email they require some additional information because my work permit has expired and I’m currently out of status.
my case: CEC-inland medical passed in august, biometric done in October. There’s no any other updates.
In the email I received, it says that my permanent residence application was approved and they requested proof for my current status, in my case I applied for visitor visa and I have the submission confirmation(no updates since applied in august). My question is, the email did not mention how I’m supposed to send the required information. There is no contact information at all. I called ircc and the agent suggested that I reply the email directly and check if there is submission portal online.
I have emailed back my documents and got no reply. Also, there’s no submission portal online(no updates). it’s mentioned in the email the submission is due in 7 days....
Any one has experienced similar situation? At idea what I can do now?
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: akcjay

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon,
I received my Gcms notes back in November and shared with you in this forum which states that the application is approved.
However, I have one more query regarding the Copr date (valid to) which is mentioned 12/02/2021 on page no. 54-56 for both applicants individually.
Could you kindly enlighten me on this date and by validity does it mean Copr is valid until this date?

Many thanks for your support.
@legalfalcon, would appreciate your kind response.

Many thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, would appreciate your kind response.

Many thanks

COPR validity means that when the document will be issued it will be issued to the validity date and you will have to travel before it. However, if you have not received a PPR yet, no need to be worried, when IRCC sends it, that will check whether your meds are valid, and will be valid when you land in Canada.

IF your meds are expiring or have expired, IRCC will send them for reassessment and they will be either extended or you will be asked for remed.

Based on this, the validity of your COPR will be extended.

Reactions: Pratyush Sharma

LORGG_0113

Dec 16, 2020
@legalfalcon, thanks a lot for your responses, I have passed eligibility on Aug 12th, in my gcms also updated eligibility as passed, as you said after eligibility passed, security should start immediately, but in my case security still not been initiated , what could be the reason? Please advise. My aor is march 5th

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, thanks a lot for your responses, I have passed eligibility on Aug 12th, in my gcms also updated eligibility as passed, as you said after eligibility passed, security should start immediately, but in my case security still not been initiated , what could be the reason? Please advise. My aor is march 5th
First make sure that your eligibility is conclusively passed and not just by an agent or an analyst

See #4,004

Also, even if it is conclusively passed, security may not have been initiated due to an administrative delay as most applications are delayed now.

To read on security see https://bit.ly/3o1FBtt

Paula93

Jan 31, 2020
Thank
COPR validity means that when the document will be issued it will be issued to the validity date and you will have to travel before it. However, if you have not received a PPR yet, no need to be worried, when IRCC sends it, that will check whether your meds are valid, and will be valid when you land in Canada.

IF your meds are expiring or have expired, IRCC will send them for reassessment and they will be either extended or you will be asked for remed.

Based on this, the validity of your COPR will be extended.
@legalfalcon Thank you very much for your response. Medical is expiring soon and haven’t received PPR yet so I was a bit worried.
Hope to get it soon.

Reactions: legalfalcon