brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I don't understand what criteria CIC is using. My current status is:
AOR: April 1
Eligibility: Recom Passed
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not start

Why people from June,July, August, September are processing faster?

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
CIC messed up specially FEB, March, APRIL, May candidates. They are issuing COPR for June, July, August and even September. WTH
I am sorry guys frustration coming out.
This is so true! it can be seen from comments in the forum from FEB, March, APRIL, May candidates. I hope that they work on these file as soon as they can.

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
I added May :p
LOL :) Just hang around we will hear some good news by end of this month. May I know which VO is yours? Mine is Ottawa.

Is there a separate thread or google sheet for all those who have VO - Ottawa so that it will good for tracking?

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys...has anyone applied BOWP in Dec 2020? Do we need to provide medical again if we are 2nd-time BOWP while waiting for PR.

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi guys...has anyone applied BOWP in Dec 2020? Do we need to provide medical again if we are 2nd-time BOWP while waiting for PR.
I did on Dec 27th I didn't provide medical since my current medical is valid and right now waiting for PR.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Maybe it’s a good idea to cancel existing application and create a new one. Judging by what I’m seeing here and in other places applications haven’t moved at all.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

anurag.bharti

Nov 9, 2020
Called IRCC today and she said that the decision has been made on my application on 18th Dec and officer will contact but what's strange is it's been more than 2 weeks still nothing. AOR 6th March Inland, Biometric 5th Oct and VO is Ottawa. Tbh it's so frustrating almost 10 Months have passed I still don't understand when everyone has been working from home then why the backlog still hasn't been cleared. I am a software engineer and my whole comapany and alot others have moved to 100% remote and doing pretty well but looks like CIC is still struggling with WFH and still can not adapt.

Last edited:
Reactions: puneet kanda

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,

Finally my GCMS notes after 90 days. My criminality is still security not started and info sharing: in progress. Is security and info sharing linked to each other? When are these GCMS notes generated, Is it on the day I requested or is it on the day it is sent to me?
The day requested/generated so what you have is 3months stale

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Called IRCC today and she said that the decision has been made on my application on 18th Dec and officer will contact but what's strange is it's been more than 2 weeks still nothing. AOR 6th March, Biometric 5th Oct and VO is Ottawa. Tbh it's so frustrating almost 10 Months have passed I still don't understand when everyone has been working from home then why the backlog still hasn't been cleared. I am a software engineer and my whole comapany and alot others have moved to 100% remote and doing pretty well but looks like CIC is still struggling with WFH and still can not adapt.
Some of us are waiting since oct-nov in the same situation. Application approved, no COPR.

Hoping they get their stuff together and start sending the batches soon..

anurag.bharti

Nov 9, 2020
Some of us are waiting since oct-nov in the same situation. Application approved, no COPR.

Hoping they get their stuff together and start sending the batches soon..
Hopefully they will start doing something with Ottawa office looks like something is not right with Ottawa location. May I know your AOR, VO and biometric submission date ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,

Finally my GCMS notes after 90 days. My criminality is still security not started and info sharing: in progress. Is security and info sharing linked to each other? When are these GCMS notes generated, Is it on the day I requested or is it on the day it is sent to me?

Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing.

To see the online version of CBSA Security Screening Manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Info sharing at https://bit.ly/2VND36G

At this point the Gcms Notes are stale and best to get an update via web form. If you do request Gcms Notes again, make sure to request from CBSA to avoid delays

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Until Nov 12th, 2020 , for medical, it displayed 'You passed the medical exam' but later it being displayed as 'You do not need medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.' I initially thought it is a technical glitch but when i opened my medical proof i submitted , i noticed that my medical got expired on Nov 12th, 2020 making me realize the reason behind the change of status on medicals. What I do not understand is, I did not receive any request to submit new medicals? I do not know what to do now? It is bit worrying me now. Could someone please kindly advice me? Will wait for your responses. Thank you.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Until Nov 12th, 2020 , for medical, it displayed 'You passed the medical exam' but later it being displayed as 'You do not need medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.' I initially thought it is a technical glitch but when i opened my medical proof i submitted , i noticed that my medical got expired on Nov 12th, 2020 making me realize the reason behind the change of status on medicals. What I do not understand is, I did not receive any request to submit new medicals? I do not know what to do now? It is bit worrying me now. Could someone please kindly advice me? Will wait for your responses. Thank you.
Likely your medicals have been extended. Not to worry. Raise a web form to inquire/confirm