caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi all, can someone kindly help with this: does the request of GCMS notes usually cause a ghost update?

I raised a GCMS notes on Oct 2 through an agent (I'm a FSW-O PnP) and when I checked my account Oct 10, I noticed a ghost update. Just want to know whether this is a meaningful ghost upate or merely a result caused by my GCMS notes request. Thanks all!
Ghost Update is not an official IRCC term but implies an update made to the application in the background. Requesting Gcms Notes does affect the pace of processing, updates to an application or the outcome of an application. What you experienced is just coincidence and anything to the contrary is conjecture. Nonetheless, any update is a sign of progress and that's a good thing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
I hope you guys are doing well, I ordered my notes through privacy act on atip website on 24 September. I read some posts that it’s taking long to receive gcms notes, some
Of your posts suggest that it takes 30 days through the access to information act. But what about privacy act, does it take longer than the access to Information act or it’s the same 30 day rule ?

Section 14 of the Privacy Act states, which corresponds to the section 7 of the Access to Information Act states:

14 Where access to personal information is requested under subsection 12(1), the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to section 15, within thirty days after the request is received,

Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received,

Both Access to Information as well as Privacy Act have a time frame of 30 days within which IRCC has to release the requested information.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all, can someone kindly help with this: does the request of GCMS notes usually cause a ghost update?

I raised a GCMS notes on Oct 2 through an agent (I'm a FSW-O PnP) and when I checked my account Oct 10, I noticed a ghost update. Just want to know whether this is a meaningful ghost upate or merely a result caused by my GCMS notes request. Thanks all!
A Ghost Update merely indicates that there has been some movement in your file. This can be as mundane as moving a file from one office to another, or a major one such as passing of a stage.

Requesting GCMS notes for many applicant's causes a GU since before the GCMS notes are release they have to be reviewed by an officer, and in some cases where there is a pending document, or an update, the same is made in the GCMS notes by the officer, resulting in a GU.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, @legalfalcon @caipsnotes I am in a bit of a problem.

My application is on its last steps, I am biometrics exempt and my biometrics changed to "submitted" on 15th oct. (FSW - Inland, AOR 6th April). The thing is I had to travel to India for my sister's marriage and I am returning back to Canada on 28th October. I am afraid I might get the approval before that, and as all the VFS are still closed here I might be stuck here for god knows when. (as I cannot travel back on my work visa after COPR)

I have already raised a webform informing about my travel but in case I get my COPR before I travel back, is there any way I can still make it back to Canada on work visa? Or I will have to hope that the Assessing Officer undertands my position and gives the approval later?

Please help! Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon I am in a bit of a problem.

My application is on its last steps, I am biometrics exempt and my biometrics changed to "submitted" on 15th oct. (FSW - Inland, AOR 6th April). The thing is I had to travel to India for my sister's marriage and I am returning back to Canada on 28th October. I am afraid I might get the approval before that, and as all the VFS are still closed here I might be stuck here for god knows when. (as I cannot travel back on my work visa after COPR)

I have already raised a webform informing about my travel but in case I get my COPR before I travel back, is there any way I can still make it back to Canada on work visa? Or I will have to hope that the Assessing Officer undertands my position and gives the approval later?

Please help! Thanks.
Currently IRCC is issuing COPR via email. If the COPR is issued while you are in India, you will need a PR visa, to travel back.

If you do not have a PR visa, you can ask for an authorisation to travel.

Reactions: Gurgill

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Currently IRCC is issuing COPR via email. If the COPR is issued while you are in India, you will need a PR visa, to travel back.

If you do not have a PR visa, you can ask for an authorisation to travel.
Might I trouble you for how do we get an authorization to travel?

Olaoluadefemi

Mar 18, 2020
Just received COPR.

AOR March 25th
Exempt from Bio updated Oct 9th
Application approved Oct 14th
COPR Oct 15th

No ghost updates or anything. Just kept checking my profile and saw the updated then COPR came through to my email today. Best of luck guys and girls!

Congratulations.. So happy for you. Are you FSW - O or FSW-I ?

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
A Ghost Update merely indicates that there has been some movement in your file. This can be as mundane as moving a file from one office to another, or a major one such as passing of a stage.

Requesting GCMS notes for many applicant's causes a GU since before the GCMS notes are release they have to be reviewed by an officer, and in some cases where there is a pending document, or an update, the same is made in the GCMS notes by the officer, resulting in a GU.
Many thanks for the reply. Will share with the group re the GCMS notes results.

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Ghost Update is not an official IRCC term but implies an update made to the application in the background. Requesting Gcms Notes does affect the pace of processing, updates to an application or the outcome of an application. What you experienced is just coincidence and anything to the contrary is conjecture. Nonetheless, any update is a sign of progress and that's a good thing.

Thank you for the response. Hopefully there had been some movements to the accounts~

Reactions: caipsnotes

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Thanks for sharing leomessi1. Could you please share your AOR date, program (FSW/CEC/PNP) and your visa office.
CEC Inland
VO: Ottawa
AOR - March 14
Medical - April 28
Eligibility - June 22
Bio Exempted - Oct 7
Background completed - Oct 7
CoPR - Oct 14