App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
What’s your timeline? We are still under the 12 months so I think any news is good news! We just have to stay positive
March. 2019
Exactly

Pempapi

Star Member
May 20, 2019
March 7th applicants, still waiting on transfer to Mexico VO :( so frustrating
Mexico VO transfers are happening right now, expect to hear something very very soon. I know January just got their transfers last week and us March applicants are getting ours this week. With that being said, hang tight. If our apps are getting transferred along with January, I wonder if they get ours done before Christmas. THAT would be great. But I am still expecting February-March for us Marchies.

Reactions: Janeth7789

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Mexico VO transfers are happening right now, expect to hear something very very soon. I know January just got their transfers last week and us March applicants are getting ours this week. With that being said, hang tight. If our apps are getting transferred along with January, I wonder if they get ours done before Christmas. THAT would be great. But I am still expecting February-March for us Marchies.
Your words are so incredibly encouraging, you have no idea!!!

Thanks so much I am OK with waiting the full 12 months if that's the case but OF COURSE having things sooner would be wonderful!!! Each month that goes by I am getting more anxious.

I (sponsor) have not been back to Canada in almost 8 years (work, family life, and all my Canadian friends and family come vacation here in Nicaragua every year) but I am so ready to go home with my spouse. I truly miss is so much :(

Just waiting to get this over with and get our life started.

Reactions: phaeo and Pempapi

Pempapi

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Your words are so incredibly encouraging, you have no idea!!!

Thanks so much I am OK with waiting the full 12 months if that's the case but OF COURSE having things sooner would be wonderful!!! Each month that goes by I am getting more anxious.

I (sponsor) have not been back to Canada in almost 8 years (work, family life, and all my Canadian friends and family come vacation here in Nicaragua every year) but I am so ready to go home with my spouse. I truly miss is so much :(

Just waiting to get this over with and get our life started.
It's crazy how everyone has their own story. Thanks for sharing yours. I am actually a dual citizen of the US. I was at University in a small town called Emporia in the state of Kansas. (Go Hornets!) I met my wife at a college party. She was on a tourist visa at the time, living in the town. She was working illegally in a factory making 8 bucks an hour. (minimum wage is 7.25/hour in Kansas) Anyway, she went back to Ecuador in December of 2017. She tried to come back to the US the following April on that tourist visa through Dallas / Fort Worth international airport. They searched her cell phone at the border and found messages with me on WhatsApp and her mother talking about her job in Kansas. They deported her and banned her from the US for 5 years.

We got married in October 2018 in the Bahamas, as she didn't need a visa to go there and neither did I. I graduated University back in December of 18 and I immediately moved up here to Canada. I like it up here to be honest, a lot less negativity and political division. It's toxic down in the US right now and I didn't see it until I came here. So I filed for her Spousal visa and submitted it back in March.

It's difficult for all of us absolutely. I have only been with my wife for 21 days in the last 2 years. I can't imagine the couples who have been separated longer. We just text all day and are on the phone all night. It sucks that the process is so long, but it is what it is. We just hope her past in the US doesn't get her declined. Just have to hold tight and be patient.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Everyone's story is so different. I hope everything will be alright with your application. As far as I know as long as she was not convicted of any crimes in the US she should be ok. I know of a Mexican couple that met in the states and lived for many years undocumented. They left on their own back to Mexico and applied for Student Visa and Work permit and were approved. They are currently working towards PR, as long as your honest and don't hide anything you guys should be fine.

Me and my spouse know we are so blessed to be here together and not be separated. I think that would be so difficult and hats off to everyone in that position I don't know how you do it!!!

The political situation in Nicaragua is tense to say the least, very similar to the uprising in Ecuador currently as far as I've seen on the news. Here things got pretty bad in 2018 very dangerous so we finally made up our minds to get our papers together and go through with applying. We had been thinking about it for over a year at that point and finally sent the documents in March.

Due to political and economical issues life here has been rough the last 2 years, can't wait to go home and feel stable again. We work for US based companies and currently our jobs are hanging on by a thread.

The count down is on!!

Reactions: Pempapi

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I just got the transfer email.
That's so exciting!!!!

Here we go starting to compulsively check our email :D lol

When the application gets transferred do they also update ECAS or GCKEY? Just wondering because I do know some people never get the transfer email. Perhaps we are some of those unlucky ones, would be nice to be able so see that somewhere.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
That's so exciting!!!!

When the application gets transferred do they also update ECAS or GCKEY? Just wondering because I do know some people never get the transfer email. Perhaps we are some of those unlucky ones, would be nice to be able so see that somewhere.
I just got an email to me

Pempapi

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Everyone's story is so different. I hope everything will be alright with your application. As far as I know as long as she was not convicted of any crimes in the US she should be ok. I know of a Mexican couple that met in the states and lived for many years undocumented. They left on their own back to Mexico and applied for Student Visa and Work permit and were approved. They are currently working towards PR, as long as your honest and don't hide anything you guys should be fine.

Me and my spouse know we are so blessed to be here together and not be separated. I think that would be so difficult and hats off to everyone in that position I don't know how you do it!!!

The political situation in Nicaragua is tense to say the least, very similar to the uprising in Ecuador currently as far as I've seen on the news. Here things got pretty bad in 2018 very dangerous so we finally made up our minds to get our papers together and go through with applying. We had been thinking about it for over a year at that point and finally sent the documents in March.

Due to political and economical issues life here has been rough the last 2 years, can't wait to go home and feel stable again. We work for US based companies and currently our jobs are hanging on by a thread.

The count down is on!!

Thanks for sharing your story, it makes me feel better hearing from people in similar situations.

Pempapi

Star Member
May 20, 2019
That's so exciting!!!!

I got the email but no update on ECAS.