Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
58 days passed no update. All I have got is AOR. I know they never promised timelines for each stage. Its human nature we make predictions based on the statistical data.. I never sponsored or being sponsored but still elitist to hear whether I am eligible or not. Being professional working in Government for so many years and paying tax I thought it should be easy to bring my wife and stay here together. Its all frustration and everyday I hope to hear something positive. Hope God listen to everyone prayers
I know exactly how u feel. up and down as u wait. What I did was started to walk in faith.... knowing something is happening though I can’t see it yet. Your prayers are being answered as we speak... Keep reminding yourself something good is going to happen to me today, because God hears my prayers and wants to answer them :)

Reactions: adk99

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Two points below that should be followed by all applicants.

1. Never send additional information that isn't asked for. More often than not they don't even look at it and it sits in a pile somewhere.
2. To clarify, did you provide more than 20 pictures? If yes, you've only done yourself and others a disservice. They ask for no more than 20 because that's all they need. Providing more means the officer has to spend more time shredding or tossing or sifting through unnecessary proof as opposed to processing the actual file.

For everyone: please follow the checklist. It is there for a reason. I understand people believe sending additional documents or more proof will make the case seem stronger or will prompt the officer to look at the file but it's not the case.
Sometimes over preparedness is your own enemy. Adk99 said you work for the government but you don’t know how government works? You are making your own case complicated. I know people who in the past sent documents much more than they been asked resulted they were asked about every single document you could possibly imagine.
Guys I can’t stress enough that there is a reason we have checklist in place. If they wanted more documents they would put it on the checklist. Please always follow the checklist in the end the agents have set procedures to follow. The person mentioned in above comment probably causing problem for other people not getting their file processed coz the agent has to now process more documents for one file.

Reactions: kcward7

d_ragu

Apr 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia -Mexico
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
File Transfer...
??-10-2019
Med's Request
02-05-2019
Med's Done....
13-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
Can anyone tell why my background shows in process after aor?
It’s says your background check is in process?? Mine said the same. then I got biometrics request (I paid the fees upfront.)

d_ragu

Apr 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia -Mexico
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
File Transfer...
??-10-2019
Med's Request
02-05-2019
Med's Done....
13-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
Morning guys I just saw Ecas under sponsor it says decision made that means I am going to receive sa soon ?
Congrats ....SA is on the way for U:)

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Congrats ....SA is on the way for U:)
Thanks though Still waiting since morning with no email hopefully by tonight ...

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
Sometimes over preparedness is your own enemy. Adk99 said you work for the government but you don’t know how government works? You are making your own case complicated. I know people who in the past sent documents much more than they been asked resulted they were asked about every single document you could possibly imagine.
Guys I can’t stress enough that there is a reason we have checklist in place. If they wanted more documents they would put it on the checklist. Please always follow the checklist in the end the agents have set procedures to follow. The person mentioned in above comment probably causing problem for other people not getting their file processed coz the agent has to now process more documents for one file.
yes I do knowhow government works that why we want to ensure each and every document is validated and submitted with clarity. As per the checklist I have nicely provided whatever they asked. In a separate envelope I have provided more so that they don't need to come back to me if they need more pics, communications...

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
I know exactly how u feel. up and down as u wait. What I did was started to walk in faith.... knowing something is happening though I can’t see it yet. Your prayers are being answered as we speak... Keep reminding yourself something good is going to happen to me today, because God hears my prayers and wants to answer them :)
Thanks. Really appreciate your sweet words. I will keep on praying for God's mercy.

Reactions: d_ragu

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Praise be to Allah (God), we received AOR yesterday. Application received April 8th. However, I couldn’t link our application and it locked me out after 5 attempts. Any tips for successful linking ? I’ve got my wife and son on the application so not sure if its going to be 2 or 3 people when I try to link and my wife’s city of birth has a space in it so that might be making it tricky

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Praise be to Allah (God), we received AOR yesterday. Application received April 8th. However, I couldn’t link our application and it locked me out after 5 attempts. Any tips for successful linking ? I’ve got my wife and son on the application so not sure if its going to be 2 or 3 people when I try to link and my wife’s city of birth has a space in it so that might be making it tricky
(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.
Thank you for such a quick response. So according to this I have to enter both family name and given name in the family name field ? I’m not so sure about (7). Also what’s up with the space at the end of everything? If I’m sponsoring my wife and my son as her dependant on the application do I put 3 or 2 in the number of people ? I remember I had put 2 on the application form

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you for such a quick response. So according to this I have to enter both family name and given name in the family name field ? I’m not so sure about (7). Also what’s up with the space at the end of everything? If I’m sponsoring my wife and my son as her dependant on the application do I put 3 or 2 in the number of people ? I remember I had put 2 on the application form
Not sure about 7, you'd put 3 for # of people on application.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Haven’t received any emails by today after decision made on Ecas under sponsor ?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Very Lucky... Mine was received on April 4 and No AOR yet. :(