+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Do you mean providing proof that you and your spouse live together? Include as much as you can to support that you are at the same address (stuff like utility bills, drivers licenses with same address on them, etc), but if you don't have at least 2 things from their list you need to include a written explanation as to why you can't provide it. They can, and do, request additional documents if they feel like they need them, but it's best to include as much as you can up front.
No, I applied for Outland and my wife is in India. My question was, can they ask the sponsor to provide additional proof of Canadian residence. At the moment, I only mentioned the address on the forms (Residential and Communication address). Can they ask me (the sponsor) to submit a lease agreement or rental receipts ?

d_ragu

Apr 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia -Mexico
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
File Transfer...
??-10-2019
Med's Request
02-05-2019
Med's Done....
13-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
Who updated the spreadsheet that I got sa today that’s not true .....????
I just saw it got excited and came to congratulate u. someone probably did it by accident.Ours is coming though cause looks like all April 9 are getting SA now Hoping we r next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I just saw it got excited and came to congratulate u. someone probably did it by accident.Ours is coming though cause looks like all April 9 are getting SA now Hoping we r next.
Haha thanks I guess yeah

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
I got a request for additional info this afternoon, they wanted to see my paystubs with the year-to-date summary for 2019. I think there's some confusion because I'm employed by a university in NB but based at a campus of another university in Halifax (my boss works for both). Just submitted them via webform, so hope that means we'll get SA once they've reviewed the docs!

Reactions: schweisy

tellico

Apr 26, 2019
we got AOR on April 18th. today i got an email saying that they are refunding $550 which freaked me out but i think i overpayed the initial application fee. i misread the fee page and payed $1040 plus $550.

so at least i know someone is actually looking at our applicatio

lndunn

May 1, 2016
Question on linking application to CIC; my AOR1 was received April 16 - every day since I've attempted to link my application to my CIC account and it tells me it can't be found.

I've tried Permanent Resident > Common-Law Spouse > Application # + Family Name, Application# + UCI, etc. I always enter my passport information and the details entered on IMM008. I've tried entering my marital status as single, common-law and married. I've tried entering # of people on application as 1 or 2. Is there anything left to attempt before I suck it up and wait on hold for 2 hours to get someone on the phone?

I'm worried about missing a notification as my sponsor, much as I love him, is really bad about checking his email.

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
No, I applied for Outland and my wife is in India. My question was, can they ask the sponsor to provide additional proof of Canadian residence. At the moment, I only mentioned the address on the forms (Residential and Communication address). Can they ask me (the sponsor) to submit a lease agreement or rental receipts ?
I mean, they might if they have reason to think you're not in Canada, but otherwise I think you're fine.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Question on linking application to CIC; my AOR1 was received April 16 - every day since I've attempted to link my application to my CIC account and it tells me it can't be found.

I've tried Permanent Resident > Common-Law Spouse > Application # + Family Name, Application# + UCI, etc. I always enter my passport information and the details entered on IMM008. I've tried entering my marital status as single, common-law and married. I've tried entering # of people on application as 1 or 2. Is there anything left to attempt before I suck it up and wait on hold for 2 hours to get someone on the phone?

I'm worried about missing a notification as my sponsor, much as I love him, is really bad about checking his email.
This post has all the answers https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Reactions: schweisy

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Except me eveyone else is getting something .. :(

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Don't worry...I still haven't gotten AOR, 38 days and counting... Stay strong!
When did they receive ur application ...have to worry hard to wait haha

Duke&Johnny

Mar 29, 2019
When did they receive ur application ...have to worry hard to wait haha
March 19th. I got confirmation it arrived and a signature. I called IRCC yesterday and they said no file is updated for us on to the ECAS yet... I just have to wait. Each application is unique and there are so many factors, so I am trying to not worry myself and just have hope :).

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
March 19th. I got confirmation it arrived and a signature. I called IRCC yesterday and they said no file is updated for us on to the ECAS yet... I just have to wait. Each application is unique and there are so many factors, so I am trying to not worry myself and just have hope :).
Oh I see ... yeah right hopefully u get a news by next week ..

Vinothvairam

Mar 8, 2019
Hi ppl,.
Today I received an email from cic saying they are refunding 85 cad. I am clueless plz. Anybody have an idea about this refund? AOR 1 received on April 13th. No progress after that

Reactions: Farahnaz11