+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

Syednaveed5

Apr 2, 2019
I am new to the group (figure it out today this exists)
submit my application for my spouse March 22
Received March 26
update the whole application to latest one even new checklist except didn't translate the Whatsapp chat English
hopefully, that's not a big issue

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
please help me get an answer My common law partner took a credit card during the first 3 years after landing in Canada while i was still financially responsible for him and he used that credit card and never paid back..Am I responsible for that credit card? I did not co-sign and the account solemnly in his name....it is his personal credit card.
From the guide for the IMM 5532 form, it says the following:

When you agree to sponsor, you sign an undertaking, promising to give financial support for the basic needs of the people you’re sponsoring, and any of their dependent children.

Basic needs include:

• food, clothing, shelter and other needs for everyday living
  • dental care, eye care and other health needs not covered by public health services

Before signing the undertaking agreement, you should make sure that those you sponsor won’t need to ask the government for financial help. If they receive social assistance, you’ll need to pay back what they received. You won’t be able to sponsor anyone else until you have repaid the amount.

So it doesn't sound like you're liable for anything financially unless he received government assistance. But it might impact your eligibility to sponsor someone in the future if CIC thinks that your partner took on that credit card debt to cover what they would consider basic needs. Might be best to talk to an attorney if you're concerned.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
yes I am his representative. I sent the web form *fingers crossed they update accordingly*

Im really kicking myself in the but because I looked over everything so many times:(
I sent me application on 28th March 2019. Expected to reach Sydney on 3rd April. Fingers Crossed ! !
PA - Mumbai, India
Sponsor- Whitehorse, Yukon

My application was received today by Mr Thomas at the reception as confirmed by Purolator. Below is the message.

"Shipment delivered to THOMAS at: RECEPTION of PR CARD PROCESSING CENTRE 49 DORCHESTER ST B1P5Z2"

ankiagra

Apr 3, 2019
My timeline:

Application sent: February 27,2019
Application received: March 4,2019
PA: India (New Delhi)

Last edited:

shh

Apr 1, 2019
I was able to find my application on ECAS today :D
Is the AOR sent to PA or sponsor?
Mar 1 applicant

Reactions: phaeo

shh

Apr 1, 2019
Hi, what details did you use for ECAS login.
The same ones I have been trying almost every day, but it worked today finally when they started the process.
I was using the receipt number and then my (sponsor) last name, date of birth and country if birth. I was trying with PA's info as well. Its working with both now

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I just realized that in my receipt my name was put as farhanaz not farahnaz is that a big prblem ...?