App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I couldn’t link my app online . Do we have to wait until we get our application # .?

Reactions: angelyohann

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I couldn’t link my app online . Do we have to wait until we get our application # .?
I've read some posts that some people could link a day before they got AOR.
You can often log in to ECAS with your info the day before you get AOR1.

This is not the same as "linking" your account -- that you do with GCKey (you link that to myCIC), and it can only be done once you have a UCI. If you have one from a prior application you may get lucky and be able to link it earlier, but otherwise you have to wait for AOR1.

Clarifying mostly cause I see a lot of people using the term "link" as shorthand when they mean ECAS not GCKey, and it's probably super confusing for some newbies.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019

This is not the same as "linking" your account -- that you do with GCKey (you link that to myCIC), and it can only be done once you have a UCI. If you have one from a prior application you may get lucky and be able to link it earlier, but otherwise you have to wait for AOR1.

Clarifying mostly cause I see a lot of people using the term "link" as shorthand when they mean ECAS not GCKey, and it's probably super confusing for some newbies.
Oh I see thanks so I gotta wait then .

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO

Hi Schweisy, thanks for the clarification! I am still a little bit confused... I do have a prior application of myself and now I am applying the status for my wife. The mail just got delivered 2 days ago. So, am I able to find my application right now? If not, when would that be? Before or after AOR1? and if I am able to find our application but havent received AOR1, does it mean that they have received our application and just havent had the time to send out AOR yet?

Sorry for so many questions here and appreciate your further clarifications... Thanks again!

Tim

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi Schweisy, thanks for the clarification! I am still a little bit confused... I do have a prior application of myself and now I am applying the status for my wife. The mail just got delivered 2 days ago. So, am I able to find my application right now? If not, when would that be? Before or after AOR1? and if I am able to find our application but havent received AOR1, does it mean that they have received our application and just havent had the time to send out AOR yet?

Sorry for so many questions here and appreciate your further clarifications... Thanks again!

Tim
Hey @timothyltl! No, from what I've seen around here it would be way too early to expect it to appear now, even if you do have a prior application. If you have a prior UCI, you can indeed start trying to link it via GCKey with your UCI number before AOR1, but there's no definite timeline for when exactly that would become possible. If I were you, I probably wouldn't even start trying for another 3 weeks. If you are eventually able to find your application using your old UCI then yes, it will mean that they have started scanning in your application but just haven't gotten around to sending out AOR1 yet, which you will probably get a week or so later. And once you have received AOR1 you will definitely be able to find it (max one day after AOR1).

To be honest, the easiest thing to do is actually just to wait for AOR1, period, as that's something concrete and you're not trying all the time before then for nothing. But I also understand very well the impatience to get everything started before then. :D

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hello March applicants!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Looks like the ball is rolling now, according to the spreadsheet AOR1 have been received by Feb. 25th applicants already.

I'd say a few more weeks to start seeing some early March AOR's come through.

After AOR seems like Bio request is coming within a few days SA sometimes on same day or a few days later. Let's hope that this stays the same for us as well.

Wishing everyone a smooth and quick process. Hope everyone can find some peace of mind and patience through the waiting!
Wow thats a great news!
Yep! Best of luck to all of us

HHS

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hello March applicants!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Looks like the ball is rolling now, according to the spreadsheet AOR1 have been received by Feb. 25th applicants already.

I'd say a few more weeks to start seeing some early March AOR's come through.

After AOR seems like Bio request is coming within a few days SA sometimes on same day or a few days later. Let's hope that this stays the same for us as well.

Wishing everyone a smooth and quick process. Hope everyone can find some peace of mind and patience through the waiting!
What an amazing news! I am just keeping my fingers crossed. Me and my wife can't wait to see you each other. Right after the AOR, gonna apply for the TRV. Just taking a shot to see if we get lucky. We are just anxiously waiting for the AOR.

HHS

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Just checked and February 27 Applicants got their AOR as well!
I am hoping next Sunday I will check to see some of our fellow March applicants getting their AOR!!!!! Godspeed to everyone!! :):):):):)

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Awesome, so glad to hear that late Feb applicants are getting their AOR! I'm hoping people from this thread will start hearing back soon. Here's hoping that early March folks start hearing really soon!

Reactions: Janeth7789