+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
Yes that form needs to be handsigned. Failure to do so would be a return of application. (It says on the checklist to do a handsign after you validate and print it). What has worked for some people that have made the same fault as you was they uploaded a new schedule A form (that was handsigned along with electronic )through the ircc webform service and quoted their receipt number that you get for payment and they managed to add it to their application. Although I must tell its not a sureshot thing since they wouldnt know where your application is in the pile without application number or uci.
2. I know of a people who sent two receipts and have managed to secure AOR so I dont think thats an issue.
Thank you for your reply Krissh!
My agent did not tell me to handsign this form but I wish I could do that myself.

Regrets aside, as my PR sponsor has UCI number of her previous application under which she can check application status too (not mine yet as it hasn’t arrived) Can I do upload that form if it allows me to chrck status?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thank you for your reply Krissh!
My agent did not tell me to handsign this form but I wish I could do that myself.

Regrets aside, as my PR sponsor has UCI number of her previous application under which she can check application status too (not mine yet as it hasn’t arrived) Can I do upload that form if it allows me to chrck status?
That is very bad on the agent’s part if he failed to miss out on such an important aspect. I hope he has not made more blunders.

You can always mention the old UCI number of your sponsor (u can type a message on the webform. You cant upload anything through ECAS. U can only check your application status). There is no harm in sending a new form. If it gets accepted you’ll save time. If not then well it would have been returned nevertheless.

Reactions: schweisy

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
That is very bad on the agent’s part if he failed to miss out on such an important aspect. I hope he has not made more blunders.

You can always mention the old UCI number of your sponsor (u can type a message on the webform. You cant upload anything through ECAS. U can only check your application status). There is no harm in sending a new form. If it gets accepted you’ll save time. If not then well it would have been returned nevertheless.
I hope she has done everything else in a good manner. Fingerscrossed!

But eIMM5669 (Schedule A) form say at the bottom ‘By typing my name, I am signing this form electronically’ this sort of thing was there so I thought there would be no hand signature required!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I hope she has done everything else in a good manner. Fingerscrossed!

But eIMM5669 (Schedule A) form say at the bottom ‘By typing my name, I am signing this form electronically’ this sort of thing was there so I thought there would be no hand signature required!
Correct. But If u open your checklist and read the section about IMM5669 Schedule A. It mentions you need to also add a handwritten signature.

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
Correct. But If u open your checklist and read the section about IMM5669 Schedule A. It mentions you need to also add a handwritten signature.
Yeah I read that today and that’s how I found out about it. Have you seen people getting their files returned due to this mistake?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yeah I read that today and that’s how I found out about it. Have you seen people getting their files returned due to this mistake?
Yes most cases it has been returned due to the application being incomplete. However, like I said earlier a few people managed to avoid the return by sending a fresh form with the signature through webform and it was added to their application. So by the time the officer goes through their application (takes around 40 days right before they issue AOR), the new updated form is in the file and the old one is disregarded. You should definitely talk to your agent too and ask why she missed out on such an important detail.

rupindershergill

Sep 1, 2017
Yes most cases it has been returned due to the application being incomplete. However, like I said earlier a few people managed to avoid the return by sending a fresh form with the signature through webform and it was added to their application. So by the time the officer goes through their application (takes around 40 days right before they issue AOR), the new updated form is in the file and the old one is disregarded. You should definitely talk to your agent too and ask why she missed out on such an important detail.
Thanks Krishh! You have been a great help for me! Just a little more information please, how do I upload the form on IRCC? First get that Schedule A form filled, sign it electronically, print it, and hand sign it next to the signature box and scan it again and upload on web form.
Is that what I need to do?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks Krishh! You have been a great help for me! Just a little more information please, how do I upload the form on IRCC? First get that Schedule A form filled, sign it electronically, print it, and hand sign it next to the signature box and scan it again and upload on web form.
Is that what I need to do?
‘Hand sign it within the signature box right next to the typed name’.
For Webform,
You use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Select ‘Tell Us More’ option.
Select ‘yes’ for have you submitted an application & ‘No’ for is your application being processed outside Canada.

You will get the webform option. Click it.

You will be brought to another page.
There select the type of your application (sponsorship in your case) and select (outside or inside canada option whatever is applicable to you)

Type your enquiry in words (saying you did not hand sign the specific form and want to send a signed one etc. Also mention your receipt number here that the sponsor got when they paid for the application)
Fill in all the required applicant details.
For UCI (use the old one that your Sponsor had)
Then fill in further details as to who is enquiring. Click Next. It will ask if you want to upload a document. Say ‘Yes’ Upload the scanned copy of the handwritten signature form and send it. (Do check the MB limit for upload and make sure your form is under that limit).

Again this is not guaranteed to work since it will be hard for them to find your specific file if its not opened but worth a try. All the best.

Last edited:

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Based on the current data and if CIC keeps the pace, when they get to March applications the average AOR time will be around 30 days. That is for March applicant will be pretty easy to calculate your expected AOR date, just get you "received date" in March and same day in April you should get AOR.

It's actually interesting to watch... CIC cut about 8 days every months. That is if they continue doing so they will get to zero in June. Now it's almost impossible to imagine: you've submitted an application an got your AOR just a couple of days later. For those whose applications will be sent to Mississauga the whole process will take 2 months or even less :D

But having said that, it's absolutely unfair for others who are sent to slow visa offices and have to wait for a year to get it done.

For January applicants right now around 75% of all applications or 3/4 in other words have been sent to Mississauga. If CPC-M is so fast and efficient and if almost all applications are already being sent there, why to make exceptions and send 1/4 to some very slow VOs? Rhetorical questions...

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Based on the current data and if CIC keeps the pace, when they get to March applications the average AOR time will be around 30 days. That is for March applicant will be pretty easy to calculate your expected AOR date, just get you "received date" in March and same day in April you should get AOR.

It's actually interesting to watch... CIC cut about 8 days every months. That is if they continue doing so they will get to zero in June. Now it's almost impossible to imagine: you've submitted an application an got your AOR just a couple of days later. For those whose applications will be sent to Mississauga the whole process will take 2 months or even less :D

But having said that, it's absolutely unfair for others who are sent to slow visa offices and have to wait for a year to get it done.

For January applicants right now around 75% of all applications or 3/4 in other words have been sent to Mississauga. If CPC-M is so fast and efficient and if almost all applications are already being sent there, why to make exceptions and send 1/4 to some very slow VOs? Rhetorical questions...
This is very interesting information and thanks for jumping jumping in this thread to give ur insight. U are right, its completely unfair that for applicants that go to Mexico VO are waiting over a year. I will be senidng my husbands application on Monday and will be going to Mexico VO. Im very worried

Mar 23, 2019
Hi guys!!!

There is an update to IMM5533- Documents checklist form (03-2019). For the PROOF of CONTACT documents, now they require certified translations for social media chat, text messages or letters.

Does anyone know from where can we can get these things translated with certification in India or in Canada?

Last edited:

Dinaalsourani

Mar 14, 2019
Hi there!
My application package was sent on Thursday and I have a question regarding Schedule A form; whether it needs to be handsigned? As I used electronic form which started with eIMM___ and it required only electronic sign and date. Some people here are saying it must be handsigned or it would get return.

Any comments please?

Also, application fee and right of residency fee receipt has been sent along with another biometric fee receipt. Some people are saying here single fee receipt is to be sent. Again confused here.

Thanks for your valuable comments in advance.
‘Hand sign it within the signature box right next to the typed name’.
For Webform,
You use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Select ‘Tell Us More’ option.
Select ‘yes’ for have you submitted an application & ‘No’ for is your application being processed outside Canada.

You will get the webform option. Click it.

You will be brought to another page.
There select the type of your application (sponsorship in your case) and select (outside or inside canada option whatever is applicable to you)

Type your enquiry in words (saying you did not hand sign the specific form and want to send a signed one etc. Also mention your receipt number here that the sponsor got when they paid for the application)
Fill in all the required applicant details.
For UCI (use the old one that your Sponsor had)
Then fill in further details as to who is enquiring. Click Next. It will ask if you want to upload a document. Say ‘Yes’ Upload the scanned copy of the handwritten signature form and send it. (Do check the MB limit for upload and make sure your form is under that limit).

Again this is not guaranteed to work since it will be hard for them to find your specific file if its not opened but worth a try. All the best.
I had the same problem and I have followed your advice and sent the new form today via webform. Unfortunately I dont have UCI yet as the package was received on 18 March. Thank you for poiting this out. Hope this will work though I’m so worried.

Last edited:

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Regardig your first point, Logically speaking, I dont think that they will put the electronic signature phrase unless they mean it. I see no point in requiring electronic signature if handwritten signature still important to them as this shall only confuse people. So I see no reason for you to worry unless you really see someone with returned application because of this. “Not sure if you did”
Regarding your second point, I read on another thread that a case with 2 receipts have been

I had the same problem and I have followed your advice and sent the new form today via webform. Unfortunately I dont have UCI yet as the package was received on 18 March. Thank you for poiting this out. Hope this will work though I’m so worried.
Sadly, its one of those definite application return criteria if its not hand signed. If one’s luck shines and they get a lenient officer, they may request a fresh form but thats rare. They probably ask for the hand signature with electronic because if someone else filled up the schedule A for them and ircc finds ground for misrepresentation based on that form, the person who the Form belongs to cant use the line ‘I had it filled out by someone else’ plus electronically signing is basicaly putting ur name in a box. Anyone can do that. A handwritten signature seals the deal so no excuses can be made later.

Its good you sent it. Not having a UCI should not be an issue if they are able to track your package. I hope you put your received date as well as address you sent it from so they can go through those bunch of files on that date. If they find it, they will definitely add it and you’ll be fine but again ‘if’ being the keyword here, no guarantees on their part.

Dinaalsourani

Mar 14, 2019
Sadly, its one of those definite application return criteria if its not hand signed. If one’s luck shines and they get a lenient officer, they may request a fresh form but thats rare. They probably ask for the hand signature with electronic because if someone else filled up the schedule A for them and ircc finds ground for misrepresentation based on that form, the person who the Form belongs to cant use the line ‘I had it filled out by someone else’ plus electronically signing is basicaly putting ur name in a box. Anyone can do that. A handwritten signature seals the deal so no excuses can be made later.

Its good you sent it. Not having a UCI should not be an issue if they are able to track your package. I hope you put your received date as well as address you sent it from so they can go through those bunch of files on that date. If they find it, they will definitely add it and you’ll be fine but again ‘if’ being the keyword here, no guarantees on their part.
I put my name, nationality and passport number, sponsor’s name who sent the pacakage, the date application was received, the Canada post item number and attached delivery note. I also put fees receipts number. Hope this will be enough to track the application. Thank you so much.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I put my name, nationality and passport number, sponsor’s name who sent the pacakage, the date application was received, the Canada post item number and attached delivery note. I also put fees receipts number. Hope this will be enough to track the application. Thank you so much.
The address would have definitely helped as that’s what’s written on the cover of the package but you should be good with the details you provided. Hope they find your application and update it. Cheers.