+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hello,

I am just wondering if everyone here had submitted a checklist for an OWP when submitting the PR application. The detailed guideline shows as below:

Can my spouse or partner work in Canada?
If your spouse or common-law partner already has a work permit, they may continue to work as long as the permit is valid.

If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit.

For more instructions, see Extend or change the conditions on your work permit. You can’t apply online.

See the Help Centre for information about Open work permits for spouses and partners.

Note: If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and you’ve submitted an application for an open work permit, your work permit will normally be processed within four months.

I only enclosed the Application (IMM5710) and now wonder if the checklist for OWP also needed to be sent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hello,

I am just wondering if everyone here had submitted a checklist for an OWP when submitting the PR application. The detailed guideline shows as below:

If your spouse or common-law partner already has a work permit, they may continue to work as long as the permit is valid.

If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit.

For more instructions, see Extend or change the conditions on your work permit. You can’t apply online.

See the Help Centre for information about Open work permits for spouses and partners.

Note: If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and you’ve submitted an application for an open work permit, your work permit will normally be processed within four months.

I only enclosed the Application (IMM5710) and now wonder if the checklist for OWP also needed to be sent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
If you are sending you OWP application along with your sponsorship application then you do not need to send OWP checklist.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hello,

Thank you.
I hope this will help.

Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
I hope this will help.

Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail
Thank you very much Manpreetkmannu. You made my day. I was digging up the IRCC website.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
I just received the application completed letter. It said Vancouver office will contact me for the landing appointment. Does anyone know if there’s a deadline for paying the RFPR fee? Do they usually tell you how many days they need to receive payment by?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
I just received the application completed letter. It said Vancouver office will contact me for the landing appointment. Does anyone know if there’s a deadline for paying the RFPR fee? Do they usually tell you how many days they need to receive payment by?

i just received the application completed letter for my wife ...same Vancouver office... i included the $490 RPRF along with the application.. do i need to submit the receipt again on Case specific enquiry???

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Yeah I got the same letter just now.
This is what written in the letter...
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Kitchener IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Is this the landing interview invitation???

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah I got the same letter just now.
This is what written in the letter...
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Kitchener IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Is this the landing interview invitation???

i dont think so.. they'll mention the date/time specifically for the interview... did you pay $490 upfront?

braztoNL

Jul 19, 2019
I paid the RPRF upfront but I am wondering if I have to submit the receipt that shows that I paid $1040 at the beginning.