+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

udaemon

Mar 7, 2019
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
Thanks for the quick reply. The reason for the rush is also my wife's work permit is expiring May 11th. Since she applied before it expired, she can continue to work under implied status even after her permit expires, but to maintain status, we have to change her to visitor status. If we submit the change to visitor status, can she continue to work?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply. The reason for the rush is also my wife's work permit is expiring May 11th. Since she applied before it expired, she can continue to work under implied status even after her permit expires, but to maintain status, we have to change her to visitor status. If we submit the change to visitor status, can she continue to work?
No.

udaemon

Mar 7, 2019
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
Yes, if her only status is visitor and the app is returned she cannot work.
Sorry one last thing. When we apply for visitor status and app has not returned yet, can she continue to work? Thanks for your help.

ravmair

May 3, 2019
Hey... I filed my application on the 27march, which was received on 29th, I am currently on visitor status.. which expires on 6th May.. should I apply for extension or just be on implied and wait for AOR

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey... I filed my application on the 27march, which was received on 29th, I am currently on visitor status.. which expires on 6th May.. should I apply for extension or just be on implied and wait for AOR
Always safest to remain in status. If your OWP app is returned for any reason you will be out of status.

ravmair

May 3, 2019
I was keeping a track of the spreadsheet... which is not working now... which date has. Received the AOR

airsheridan

Nov 27, 2018
Hi all,

I have not been able to link the OWP yet, does anyone know how long after AOR received should I be able to do this? Or does anyone have advice on who to call about this?

Thanks

ktailor

May 22, 2018
Hi all,

I have not been able to link the OWP yet, does anyone know how long after AOR received should I be able to do this? Or does anyone have advice on who to call about this?

Thanks
How did you link the OWP? I received the AOR but I'm not sure where to look for the OWP. Is that a different number?

udaemon

Mar 7, 2019
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
Yes.
She can work until May 11th.
Hi, I spoke to a lawyer today and they told me my wife can still work under implied status, even if the documents get returned. They said even if the PR docs are returned, they are different from OWP? Is this correct? I found the opposite online :
  • rejected for incompleteness, then the application is returned to the applicant. The application is considered to have never been received, no implied status is granted, and the applicant will be considered in status until the original temporary resident document expires
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, I spoke to a lawyer today and they told me my wife can still work under implied status, even if the documents get returned. They said even if the PR docs are returned, they are different from OWP? Is this correct? I found the opposite online :
  • rejected for incompleteness, then the application is returned to the applicant. The application is considered to have never been received, no implied status is granted, and the applicant will be considered in status until the original temporary resident document expires
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
She can't keep working because the OWP app is what gives the implied status. That lawyer is wrong.

The OWP is separate from PR app. Even if PR was denied the OWP remains valid for the 2 years.

Reactions: Youthberry

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
If she applies for an visitor visa now, she should be able to stay in Canada.
What you really need to do now is IRCC to check if you can submit the rev through webform before the application is returned. However, no mater what, she should apply for a visitor visa to be on the safe side.