AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hi , dec applicant here just looking through some posts aand figured I'd give my 2 cents regarding permits coming up to expiry.

APPLY for your extensions if you are less than a month away. That way if any of the applications come back, including extensions, you may have time to fix them.

If you receive OWP before visitor extension is processed, you can send a request to cancel the app and receive a refund.

There is no point in risking this and falling out of status which is much harder to regai .

Also standard OWP processing time is 3-4 months. Yes many applicants from dec to Feb have gotten approval in 2.5 months but others had been approved exactly 4 months later. Every agent is different and so is every application.

jumpycalm

Apr 29, 2019
Mississauga
Inland Spouse Sponsorship Immigration
Myself is the sponsor, I am a permanent and I am Chinese. I am sponsoring my wife's (Chinese) application. We currently live in Mississauga and my wife currently is on visitor's visa. We don't have dependent child.

Application received by CPC Mississauga: 20190314
AOR by email sent to sponsor: 20190427 (yes, it's on Saturday, when I check status online, it said they started process my application on 20190426).

Still waiting for principle applicant's AOR in the mail so that we can get principle applicant's UCI to check OWP status.

Still waiting for OWP

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Inland Spouse Sponsorship Immigration
Myself is the sponsor, I am a permanent and I am Chinese. I am sponsoring my wife's (Chinese) application. We currently live in Mississauga and my wife currently is on visitor's visa. We don't have dependent child.

Application received by CPC Mississauga: 20190314
AOR by email sent to sponsor: 20190427 (yes, it's on Saturday, when I check status online, it said they started process my application on 20190426).

Still waiting for principle applicant's AOR in the mail so that we can get principle applicant's UCI to check OWP status.

Still waiting for OWP

I didn’t know that they issue 2 separate AORs to PA and Sponsor. My dates are exactly same as yours and I have also received only one AOR is which was emailed to sponsor.

*** Would anyone second this information that we are suppose to get 2 AORs for PA and Sponsor ???

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I didn’t know that they issue 2 separate AORs to PA and Sponsor. My dates are exactly same as yours and I have also received only one AOR is which was emailed to sponsor.

*** Would anyone second this information that we are suppose to get 2 AORs for PA and Sponsor ???
I never got any AORs but tried linking when others near my timeline got theirs.

ECAS said correspondence was sent out but there was nothing in either of our inboxe . It's very spotty when it comes to AOR.

jumpycalm

Apr 29, 2019
Mississauga

I think we should have 2 separate AORs. Based on the information provided in this forum, after the PA received his/her AOR, we can then know the PA's UCI. The email I received was has only the sponsor's UCI, in order to check the status of OWP, we need PA's UCI. PA's UCI should be included in PA's AOR. This is just my opinion.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I think we should have 2 separate AORs. Based on the information provided in this forum, after the PA received his/her AOR, we can then know the PA's UCI. The email I received was has only the sponsor's UCI, in order to check the status of OWP, we need PA's UCI. PA's UCI should be included in PA's AOR. This is just my opinion.
There is only 1 AOR which contains the Sponsor’s UCI and the Application Number (starting with F). You can then link the application on GCKey and you will then see the PA’s UCI there.

jumpycalm

Apr 29, 2019
Mississauga
There is only 1 AOR which contains the Sponsor’s UCI and the Application Number (starting with F). You can then link the application on GCKey and you will then see the PA’s UCI there.
Thank you so much. I was finally able to link it. To successfully link it, you will need to enter PA's information (although sponsor gets the email, but here needs to enter PA's information instead) and for the number of family members, need to enter 2.

Kath4393249

Apr 29, 2019
I was also able to link the application with application number and PA details.. I used his passport details and family name.

jumpycalm

Apr 29, 2019
Mississauga
Tried to link PA's OWP application with both UCI number and family name but now success. My guess is the office to process OWP still hasn't started processing OWP. Will update you guys after we heard anything.

ktailor

May 22, 2018
Application Received - March 14, 2019
AOR - April 27, 2019

I linked my application using one of the sign-in partners instead of GCKey. Once I linked it, the status currently shows as Submitted.

I'm trying to see how I can see the PA's UCI so I can see the status of the OWP. Any ideas?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Application Received - March 14, 2019
AOR - April 27, 2019

I linked my application using one of the sign-in partners instead of GCKey. Once I linked it, the status currently shows as Submitted.

I'm trying to see how I can see the PA's UCI so I can see the status of the OWP. Any ideas?
Do you mean that you signed in to GCKey using a sign-in partner? It shouldn't matter, because once you linked it, you should be able to click on "Check Full Application Status" and on that page, you should see "Applicant Information". Under this heading, you will find the Unique Client Identifier (UCI).

It's only been 2 days since you've received AOR though, so it's normal if you can't link your OWP application yet. It may take up more than a week before you can link.

ktailor

May 22, 2018
Do you mean that you signed in to GCKey using a sign-in partner? It shouldn't matter, because once you linked it, you should be able to click on "Check Full Application Status" and on that page, you should see "Applicant Information". Under this heading, you will find the Unique Client Identifier (UCI).

It's only been 2 days since you've received AOR though, so it's normal if you can't link your OWP application yet. It may take up more than a week before you can link.
Oh ok, I guess I got to excited after I received the AOR. Will wait until next week to see if the status changes

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
For clarification as there seems to be lots of confusion: you will receive ONE email with AOR which contains the sponsor’s UCI and the application number. You will use this application number to link on gckey, or if this does not work, one of the other options they give you.

To link OWP:
After you manage to link your PR app is when you can link OWP. Go into “see full application status” and scroll down to see the applicant’s information, where you will find their UCI, which you will use to link OWP.

Note: the sponsor and the applicant have different UCI numbers. The use of the sponsor’s UCI is on ECAs. Use the sponsor’s UCI to link instead of the applicant’s, because this way it will show “sponsorship application” AND “permanent residency application” instead of just permanent residency application. After you receive AOR you can go into ECAs and both should say “In Process”.

I hope this helped you guys! Please feel free to message me with any questions or for the link for our March Inland group chat to join.