+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

airsheridan

Nov 27, 2018
We are currently waiting on the approval of the OWP, my wife's visa ends on the 31st of May. Do we need to apply for another extension for after this or is there implied status from the spousal sponsorship applications?

Also, I assume if she wants to leave the country we will need to apply for an eTA regardless, correct?

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
We are currently waiting on the approval of the OWP, my wife's visa ends on the 31st of May. Do we need to apply for another extension for after this or is there implied status from the spousal sponsorship applications?

Also, I assume if she wants to leave the country we will need to apply for an eTA regardless, correct?
When was your application received? And when you get OWP approval, they issue you a new eTa as well

airsheridan

Nov 27, 2018
When was your application received? And when you get OWP approval, they issue you a new eTa as well
It was received on March 19th so I'm expecting the AOR around the 30th of this month. She does not currently have a eTa at the moment, just on a visitor visa, is an eTa still issued?

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hey everyone,
Received and AOR on phone, had to call them as i didn't receive an email. The agent confirmed i can remove the X and link it online (can't at the moment as i exceeded 5 attempts ;)) And the automated updated also, yyyeeeeaaaahhy.
That was a long wait, but finally it starts...

R_virk27

Apr 15, 2019
Hey everyone,
Received and AOR on phone, had to call them as i didn't receive an email. The agent confirmed i can remove the X and link it online (can't at the moment as i exceeded 5 attempts ;)) And the automated updated also, yyyeeeeaaaahhy.
That was a long wait, but finally it starts...
When was your application received??

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
It was received on March 19th so I'm expecting the AOR around the 30th of this month. She does not currently have a eTa at the moment, just on a visitor visa, is an eTa still issued?
I would expect AOR around the beginning of May as it seems they’re only up to March 11/12 right now and they don’t work on weekends! But, an eTa is only for applicants who came to Canada from a country that is visa exempt. Seeing as you said your wife has a visitor visa, this is her current travel document. Once you get OWP approval, she will travel with her OWP and her eTa which is electronically linked to her passport.

airsheridan

Nov 27, 2018
I would expect AOR around the beginning of May as it seems they’re only up to March 11/12 right now and they don’t work on weekends! But, an eTa is only for applicants who came to Canada from a country that is visa exempt. Seeing as you said your wife has a visitor visa, this is her current travel document. Once you get OWP approval, she will travel with her OWP and her eTa which is electronically linked to her passport.
Apologies, I'm still a little confused. She is Brazilian which is not a visa exempt country however I believe it is a special case and she is able to get an eTa. You say when she gets her OWP her eTa will be electronically linked to her passport, is the eTa automatically linked to her passport upon receiving the OWP?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Apologies, I'm still a little confused. She is Brazilian which is not a visa exempt country however I believe it is a special case and she is able to get an eTa. You say when she gets her OWP her eTa will be electronically linked to her passport, is the eTa automatically linked to her passport upon receiving the OWP?
Yes, Brazil is a bit different. I do think you’ll receive an eTA with the OWP (they automatically issue it at the same time and both are linked to the PA’s passport).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html#worker_travel

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/canada_s_new_entryrulesforbrazilianbulgarianandromaniancitizens.html

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Yes it is automatically linked to your passport using the passport info on the application. :)

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
HI Guys,

I have applied for Inland PR + OWP on 19th March.
I just got to know that I have not submitted work permit holder fees of 155$. I have just paid PR fees+ 100$(OWP fees).
I have not received my AoR. Anything I can do in between to not get my OWP application returned?
Pay it now and submit the receipt through the web form

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

There is implied status but if the OWP is returned for any reason past May 31 she will be out of status.