+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
Let me share something with all of my friends here. I am 1st March applicant. I called IRCC every month or sometimes every 2 weeks. In September when I was not receiving satisfactory answers, I applied for GCMS notes. The notes stated that I was supposed to be fingerprinted. But no request was sent to me. I promptly asked ircc about it and got fingerprint request. I followed up with rcmp and made sure they reached in time and then was sent a test invite for feb 5th which I passed. I have called IRCC every week since the DM happened but always get the same response. I am in queue for oath. Once an agent even told me that the oath invite will be sent on March 1st . But today is march 11th and nothing till now. So yesterday I applied for gcms notes again.

Just my experience.
many thanks for sharing! I applied for ATIP today. what should i expect?

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
I follow-up my oath taking schedule via Web form last March 6 stating
"Dear Sir/ Madam, Good day. I took and passed the citizenship test last October 31, 2019 and the officer from Hamilton office told me to expect receiving email for oath taking in 2 to 3 months time. It has been more than 4 months since then and my application will be turning 1 year this coming March 13, 2020. Would highly appreciate if I can get the oath taking schedule within the application processing time for citizenship grant: 12 months as indicated in your website (last updated: 2020-03-02). Looking forward for a positive feedback from your office. Thank you."

and look at IRCC's response today:

"Good day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made. You will be contacted by mail or email about the decision on your citizenship application.

For information purposes, if you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship. If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.

You may consult our website for more information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
"

Its too generic...auto-generated response!
I called CIC on March 11 and the representative I spoke with suggested to just be patient. My observation is there is a definite backlog of cases in Hamilton and maybe CIC needs to commit more resources there to improve the backlog situation. I hope they have been taking stock that the wait times between test and ceremony here is outrageous. They need to send more immigration judges this way and speed up the swearing in process by adding more ceremonies. It can't be that they are having more tests than oath ceremonies? That just doesn't add up! Or, could it be that they are just giving the dates to recent test takers which in that case they need to streamline there processes to make them fairer and more in line with a first in first out process. Anyway friends this is really a test of patience, just try to remain calm and not think about it, lest you want to kill some brain cells over something we have no control over!

Wichen12

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I got my test in the 27 January my test invite in the 17 February and become Canadian in the 4 of March im 15 march applicant hamilton office

Wichen12

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
How they say their is a backloge ? I know a friend got test in 27 February and got his citizenship with me in the 4 march

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Kitchener office has a backlog. No one in this group from kitchener waterloo cambridge or guelph has received test invite yet.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

harrycanada871

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi all, my status changed to decision made exactly after one month test was passed on 14th feb and status changed to decision made march 13th... tomorrow it will be one year.... i dnt know when they gonna send me email for oath still waiting... one thing is it positive sign status changing to decision made after one month of test but the Interview officer told me that they are satisfied with the entries and said congratulations

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi all, my status changed to decision made exactly after one month test was passed on 14th feb and status changed to decision made march 13th... tomorrow it will be one year.... i dnt know when they gonna send me email for oath still waiting... one thing is it positive sign status changing to decision made after one month of test but the Interview officer told me that they are satisfied with the entries and said congratulations
Congrats on getting your DM status! Scarborough is very slow sending out oath invites and I’m not sure why that is. They have recently been inviting people to oath ceremonies a day after their tests while other have been waiting for months. Guess we all got to be patient and hope things don’t end up getting more delayed.

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
I just called CIC they told me nothing is wrong with my application I have to wait to get my test invite, even though its already been 12 months since I've applied. they also told me my application is in Scarborough office. is this office slower than Mississauga office?

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I received the invite for the oath.
Usually, I believe others receive an invite for a test, and later on they receive the invite for the oath.

Anybody else received a message similar to this one ?

I'm not sure when I'm supposed to take the test.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on
March 19, 2019.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and
a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2019.

3. We started processing your application on July 15, 2019.

4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2020 to appear and take the oath of
citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 13, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your
appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your
scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Hi Haave you attended your oath ceremony today? Please share. Thanjs

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
I think those of us who have been waiting for an Oath Ceremony since last year are officially now screwed with the onset of COVID19 and what it may mean for future ceremony sessions. We may now have to wait for for even longer with the new developments that have been unfolding. March 21st will mark 4 months since my test date and March 29th will be one year since I applied. The thought of even waiting longer is somewhat disappointing, especially since we should not have had to this long to begin with.

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
I think those of us who have been waiting for an Oath Ceremony since last year are officially now screwed with the onset of COVID19 and what it may mean for future ceremony sessions. We may now have to wait for for even longer with the new developments that have been unfolding. March 21st will mark 4 months since my test date and March 29th will be one year since I applied. The thought of even waiting longer is somewhat disappointing, especially since we should not have had to this long to begin with.
As predicted, CIC cancelled all Oath Ceremonies on their website.