+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

gamyf

Mar 23, 2019
I was in Mexico and got test invite for January 21th, I emailed immigration and tell them I won't be back till last Feb 15th. I got home already have a mail for test invite in Scarborough on the 29th. I passed, I was told I just have to wait for the Oath Ceremony! Decision made next day! Please update spreadsheet!

ccastr

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
São Paulo
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Doc's Request.
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-11-2014
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
04-12-2014
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Interview........
CSQ
Passport Req..
14-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
I called them today and was told that I have to wait until May 1st.
If I don't get any email on May 1st, I have to call them again.
I asked why those who took the exams this year are already getting oath email or are now citizens.
The officer told me I should not compare because every case is different.

Last Feb 4 I called them, they assured me we are all cleared and its just a matter of sending out the email for oath.
I am not so sure why this is happening?! CIC's deadline to themselves is 1 year. My app is turning 1yr this coming Mar13.
Why wait for May 1st? That's way too loooooooooong!
I just sent a message to my MP. Maybe you can send it too, so they work out a way to speed up the Hamilton office. I don't know why, but they could send us the invitation for July (if they have a backlog). At least we would have a date, so we can arrange travel plans around.

Reactions: attirah

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
I will do the same as you suggested.

Just requested Access to Information Act to IRCC so I have idea what's going on with my application.
Cost me only $5. It will be processed within 30 days though. At least it's earlier than May 1st.
The waiting process is long and entirely out of control and that makes it really frustrating. What I don't get is the inconsistencies within the same processing centre. I have a friend that applied weeks after I did and they did their test on October 18th last year and got sworn in on November 26th. Their centre was Hamilton, yet they were invited to take the test at the Niagara office. According to what they heard, the reason for being assigned a test in Niagara was that the Hamilton Office was inundated with applicants. There swearing ceremony was in Hamilton and what I don't' understand is how he was sworn so quickly after their test. This is really annoying for me as well. I am approaching the one year mark on March 29th. I called last Tuesday and was informed that I should call if that date has passed and I haven't heard back. We'll see!

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing great!

I submitted my citizenship application in March 2019 from downtown Toronto, I still didn't receive my test invite it's been 12 months today! Any March 2019 applicants still waiting for the test invite who have the same timeline as me?

Should I contact my MP or call cic? do you think they can help out?

Pleases let me know, any other insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

brandon.smith

Mar 22, 2016
Hi Guys,

I submitted my citizenship application in March 2019 from downtown Toronto, I still didn't receive my test invite it's been 12 months today! Any March 2019 applicants still waiting for the test invite who have the same timeline as me?

Thanks!
call cic,let them know that u crossed your 12th month mark and also apply for atip notes.. MP requests doesn't help much as long as you get to know the status from cic itself because the reasons they give you on phone will be the saame reason they give to MP.

Reactions: Pasar86

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
call cic,let them know that u crossed your 12th month mark and also apply for atip notes.. MP requests doesn't help much as long as you get to know the status from cic itself because the reasons they give you on phone will be the saame reason they give to MP.
Many thanks for your replay! could you please tell what is atip note? and how can I apply ?

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Yes I am 11 March as well and just today I called them again and they told me same story. I don't know how long more have to wait

Canadiana2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi Guys

I am march 1st applicant and passed the test on 5th feb and have been waiting for oath. I saw that they didnt have many oath ceremonies for Hamilton as that is my local office. They had on march 3rd and 4th and then the next one is mar 31st.

But yesterday I checked and they added 2 ceremonies each on 10th mar which is today and 2 on 17th march which is next week and then on 31st march. I think they are trying to get rid of the backlog. But on the other hand I see that many people on this forum who are from Hamilton office like myself are waiting and no news on oath invite.

I will call cic today to check on my case.

Best of luck to all

Reactions: attirah and ccastr

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys,
Iam so excited that at last this journey is going to end and become a citizen soon.
Today morning received oath taking email - it's on March 10th - Calgary. Pls update the sheet. Thank you to all.
Congratulations by this time you might have become proud Canadian. Will you please share your joyful moments as to how many persons took oath and as to whether there was any fear of Coronavirus as my oath is due on 31st mar at scarborough. Enjoy life in Canada

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
My application was sent on March 6, received March 8 2019, AOR 9 May 2019, In process 24 June 2019
Still waiting for test invite
I called them a number of times and all they say is everythig looks good just be patient and wait for the test invite

Canadiana2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
My application was sent on March 6, received March 8 2019, AOR 9 May 2019, In process 24 June 2019
Still waiting for test invite
I called them a number of times and all they say is everythig looks good just be patient and wait for the test invite

Let me share something with all of my friends here. I am 1st March applicant. I called IRCC every month or sometimes every 2 weeks. In September when I was not receiving satisfactory answers, I applied for GCMS notes. The notes stated that I was supposed to be fingerprinted. But no request was sent to me. I promptly asked ircc about it and got fingerprint request. I followed up with rcmp and made sure they reached in time and then was sent a test invite for feb 5th which I passed. I have called IRCC every week since the DM happened but always get the same response. I am in queue for oath. Once an agent even told me that the oath invite will be sent on March 1st . But today is march 11th and nothing till now. So yesterday I applied for gcms notes again.

Just my experience.

Reactions: Pasar86