+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

mehrajv

Oct 15, 2016
Hi.

Good news is I was invited to the citizenship test this morning. Test is scheduled for Feb 12th.

Bad news is the test invitation is under my former name, I have changed my name and had already attached the name change certificate to my documents at the time of applying. not sure if this is normal, I don't want my citizenship certificate or passport in my former name. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks
A.
Congratulations!
Did you try calling ircc about this?

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi There, my experience below hope this helps someone

At the interview,
1. I was asked what i do, why my wife was not applying for citizenship, i told the officer, she is still not eligible,
2. Then verified my physical presence calculator, line by line with the passports, i had 3 of them, the office had all my entries already ticked off, which means they would have already checked through CBSA and found them to be correct, the officer then verified all the departures, by checking the stamps of the destination airport on all exits.
3. No Further questions was asked, it was quick,
4. Was asked to sign on the white form, informing all information is correct, and the prohibitions form, which you have to fill and sign before the interview.
5. My test score was 20/20 that was good to know.
6. I was then told, to wait to her on final review.
7. Got the DM Next day (luckily)

I dont think you need to worry, about, the stamps, at Toronto, as they dont stamp most of the times, but take what you have in case they ask, it will be good to show, you will be ok.

Hope this helps.
Hi myscanada,
Thank you very much for encouraging reply. As per email my interview is on 5th Feb at Scarborough and in client application status they have mentioned that I have to carry Notice to appear by Mail also with me for interview. Till date I have not received by mail. I have sent request on Web form apprising them about the same. In your case you have received notice to appear by mail also or not. Kindly advise. Regards

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Someone kindly update

I got Test request on 29 th Jan

The Test is on 14th Feb

I am on 120 number on the March list.

KKE

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Hi myscanada,
Thank you very much for encouraging reply. As per email my interview is on 5th Feb at Scarborough and in client application status they have mentioned that I have to carry Notice to appear by Mail also with me for interview. Till date I have not received by mail. I have sent request on Web form apprising them about the same. In your case you have received notice to appear by mail also or not. Kindly advise. Regards
They are referring to the email attachment.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi myscanada,
Hi Chrisstina
I gave my email, so i got everything on email, if you did not provide an email, they would probably send a post mail.

Hope this helps.

panky249

Apr 21, 2019
Good Morning!!

ID: panky249
App sent: March 14th 2019
App received: March 18th 2019
AOR: May 13th 2019
In process: June 20th 2019

Test invite: January 10th 2020
Test date: January 29th 2020
Center: Scarborough

Passed 19/20

Decision made: January 30th 2020

Waiting for Oath ceremony mail.
Please update.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Chrisstina
I gave my email, so i got everything on email, if you did not provide an email, they would probably send a post mail.

Hope this helps.
HI mycanada,
You hv rightly said on contacting IRCC
I was told not to wait letter by post and attend interview as scheduled. Thanks

O ravel

Feb 4, 2015
MADAGASCAR
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2014
Doc's Request.
14/12/2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2015
File Transfer...
17/03/2015
Interview........
decision made 15/08/2015
Passport Req..
27/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2015
LANDED..........
october
Hi guys,

I just did my test yesterday, and passed it. Quiet easy, I recommend to read the book, which I didnt, 2 questions that were in the book or general knowledge about Canada history that I missed.
Anyway, the interview.... I lost my old passport which contained the stamp of my entry and exit..68 days.. i printed my tickets, boarding pass... but They didnt even want to check. The lady was nice tho.. she only told me that she will only contact the territory to confirm my exits...then I should be able to do the oath ceremony by end of February.

She also told me that I will get an email about the status of my application within 3 weeks... But actually, my status just changed from in process to decision made.

So please, update my status my status to :
Decision made : January 30

Thanksss

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Good morning all,

My Timeline below - please update in March 2019 file citizenship application file

Application sent: 17th March 19
Application Received: 20th March 19
AOR: 1st June 19
In process: 25th June 19
Test Invite: 09 Jan 20
Test Passed: 25 Jan 20
DM: 27 Jan 20
Oath Invi: awaiting
Ceremony: awaiting

Place Mississauga

Thanks