Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
It's over. I'm a citizen now! best to everyone!!

Julian.

Sep 8, 2016
Just passed the citizenship test and interview today December 5 in Scarborough office. Got 19/20 ;)

Now just waiting for the email for the oath ceremony date right?

How long will the email be sent usually after the citizenship test?

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hello friends,

I need advise from the group. I got the test invitation date which is on Dec 28, 2019-Saturday. In the letter it is mentioned that I have to bring all the original documents at the time of the test. My questions are as follow:
1. I have already submitted my original police certificate at the time of application submission, in that case, do I need to apply for police certificate again to bring on the test date.

2. With the application, I have submitted the copy of my IETLS, the original copy was submitted at the time of my PR application back in 2015. I have the copy of the IELTS test, would that be enough? what other documents I have to take with me.

Any other information which you believe is useful for me, please let me know.

Thank you

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Hello friends,

I need advise from the group. I got the test invitation date which is on Dec 28, 2019-Saturday. In the letter it is mentioned that I have to bring all the original documents at the time of the test. My questions are as follow:
1. I have already submitted my original police certificate at the time of application submission, in that case, do I need to apply for police certificate again to bring on the test date.

2. With the application, I have submitted the copy of my IETLS, the original copy was submitted at the time of my PR application back in 2015. I have the copy of the IELTS test, would that be enough? what other documents I have to take with me.

Any other information which you believe is useful for me, please let me know.

Thank you
No, you do not need to get any of the above mentioned, if you have the copy you can take it with, most likely they won’t ask you for it. Just make sure you go with your PR Card, Confirmation of PR, your passport old and recent and you should be fine, I took everything with me and all they wanted to see was my passport and PR card.
Good luck

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
No, you do not need to get any of the above mentioned, if you have the copy you can take it with, most likely they won’t ask you for it. Just make sure you go with your PR Card, Confirmation of PR, your passport old and recent and you should be fine, I took everything with me and all they wanted to see was my passport and PR card.
Good luck
Thank you very much. I was worried that I may need to provide original IELTS result which I didnt have only the copy. Thanks

rhossain

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
I need information from people who already attend oath ceremony. Do I need to bring all orginal documents again during oath ceremony like citizenship test? I want to reniew my passport next month. Is it safe to reniew my passport now or I will do it after my citizenship oath ceremony. Please advise.

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Quick question about traveling now that I'm a citizen;

Land - do I need a Canadian passport, or can I continue to use my US for now? They obviously took my PR card so what now?
Air - I understand I need a Canadian passport to enter Canada by air. Does the US allow me to enter with that as well? Or do I need to carry both passports (will get my Canadian pp early next year I hope)?

I plan on visiting family in the US later this month by land, just want to make sure I understand what I need to have to re-enter Canada.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Quick question about traveling now that I'm a citizen;

Land - do I need a Canadian passport, or can I continue to use my US for now? They obviously took my PR card so what now?
Air - I understand I need a Canadian passport to enter Canada by air. Does the US allow me to enter with that as well? Or do I need to carry both passports (will get my Canadian pp early next year I hope)?

I plan on visiting family in the US later this month by land, just want to make sure I understand what I need to have to re-enter Canada.
Congrats on becoming a Canadian Citizen.

The following link should be useful in clearing your queries.
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/dual-citizenship

Julian.

Sep 8, 2016
Just passed the citizenship test and interview today December 5 in Scarborough office. Got 19/20 ;)

Now just waiting for the email for the oath ceremony date right?

How long will the email be sent usually after the citizenship test?
I checked the status today December 6 and it changed from “In Process” to “Decision Made”. Yesterday it wasn’t changed yet after I passed my test..

but when I clicked on it, nothing new is added inside:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 13, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 7, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Is this normal?

ZIZ478385

Jul 21, 2019
ottawa
I checked the status today December 6 and it changed from “In Process” to “Decision Made”. Yesterday it wasn’t changed yet after I passed my test..

but when I clicked on it, nothing new is added inside:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 13, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 7, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Is this normal?
Yes, it is. This means they finished processing your application, the application ends when they make the decision.
Now, you wait for the Oath invitation.

Reactions: Julian.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
I just checked my eCas and it shows they sent me an email to appear for the Oath Ceremony in January.
Scarborough applicants waiting for Oath ceremony, maybe check your eCas. Btw, I didn’t get the email yet, but it’s definitely a step closer to the end.