+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Question: When your application moves to "In Process", do you receive an e-mail, such as the AOR?
No. It will be updated in eCAS directly, no emails/mails sent for InProcess
Notifications are usually sent for Fingerprints or test invite or oath invite

Reactions: ccastr

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
No. It will be updated in eCAS directly, no emails/mails sent for InProcess

Notifications are usually sent for Fingerprints or test invite or oath invite
So you mean once we get the AOR in the email and follow the instructions and set up the eCAS acc, then every notification or message will be sent to that eCAS account. Am I right and do you wanna add anything to that?

ukd123

Aug 22, 2014
Hi,

I sent the application on March 09 and received on March 14. Are there still quite a few people haven't received AOR?
Yes, I too haven't received the AOR yet. My application was sent on March 11 and received on March 14.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
So you mean once we get the AOR in the email and follow the instructions and set up the eCAS acc, then every notification or message will be sent to that eCAS account. Am I right and do you wanna add anything to that?
Every candidate has their own eCAS account setup already. The login gets 'activated' once there is an active application.
Once AOR is received, the application is active and you can log into eCAS to see the updates.

Emails or mails are sent only when an action is required from the candidate. eg Fingerprints, interview/test date, oath date etc
Since 'InProcess' and 'Decision made' updates dont require any action from candidate (and is purely informational), no notifications (via email/mail) are sent

Hope this made sense

Reactions: Virdeelove19

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Every candidate has their own eCAS account setup already. The login gets 'activated' once there is an active application.
Once AOR is received, the application is active and you can log into eCAS to see the updates.

Emails or mails are sent only when an action is required from the candidate. eg Fingerprints, interview/test date, oath date etc
Since 'InProcess' and 'Decision made' updates dont require any action from candidate (and is purely informational), no notifications (via email/mail) are sent

Hope this made sense
Yes that makes sense. When you say" every candidate has their own eCAS account setup already. The login gets 'activated' once there is an active application". Please elaborate on this. As far as I'm assuming the immigration is gonna send you a code kind of thing or a security key to log in into your account

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Yes that makes sense. When you say" every candidate has their own eCAS account setup already. The login gets 'activated' once there is an active application". Please elaborate on this. As far as I'm assuming the immigration is gonna send you a code kind of thing or a security key to log in into your account
This is eCAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
You need your client id/UCI number/application ID/receipt number . Along with Last name, DOB, country of birth to login in
No code is sent by CIC

KavAgAv

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Tracking application for my spouse:

Physical Pres: 1312
App Sent: Mar 6th
App Recd: Mar 11th

Please update in tracking sheet
AOR Recieved: 14 May 2019

Please update sheet

Reactions: GraceCan and akshar

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
This is eCAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
You need your client id/UCI number/application ID/receipt number . Along with Last name, DOB, country of birth to login in
No code is sent by CIC
I got it now. I tried using that but it says we are not able to identify you. This is because I haven't received my AOR. As soon as I get the AOR it'll be showing my current application status. Is that right?

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Question: When your application moves to "In Process", do you receive an e-mail, such as the AOR?
no notifications, once you get an AOR you'll have to check your ecas yourself to see new status, Test invite you'll get an email, fingerprint i believe you'll get a mail and oath ceremony invite would be both email and mail.
just be sure to check your ecas regularly as there are a few applicant here in the forum are saying they never got an email for AOR but when they checked ecas they already have aor's some even in process.

Reactions: ccastr

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
Spoke with CIC minute ago. They can't help me and can't provide me a information did they or not received my application. I need to wait for AOR.
But good news for March 13 applicant. They work on them now :)

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Spoke with CIC minute ago. They can't help me and can't provide me a information did they or not received my application. I need to wait for AOR.
But good news for March 13 applicant. They work on them now :)
I am not even sure if we need to wait on line almost 30+/- minutes to just to know the date of processing, CIC agents hasn't been helpful lately.