+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

cursor18

May 31, 2015
App sent: 11 Mar 19, App delivered: 14 Mar 2019
AoR: , In Process:
Test date: , Decision made:
Oath invite: , Oath date:
Brampton ON, Type of Application :Family (4)
Number of days in Canada: 1144 (at the time of signing application)
done

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
1. Once AOR is issued takes anywhere between 2-5 weeks to go into 'In Process'. During this time they run background checks, fingerprints if applicable, security checks etc. This can take anywhere between 1-10 months. Nobody knows as it case-by-case scenario, hence the total time is said as 12 months.

2. Definitely. I have started reading the booklet already.

3. Again, this is case-by-case/load on your processing centre etc. One applicant in Feb got everything done in 3months. But there are still folks from 2018 undergoing 'InProcess'. Wait until you get FP request or Test Invite. Give the test and interview. Wait for oath letter. Attend the oath and ceremony. Canadian!

Bottom line is we are in same boat as you, no one can say for certain, all you can do is study for test and keep going about your daily life.

Thank you so much for this detailed response. You are amazing, thank you so much again!

panky249

Apr 21, 2019
Good morning !!

Received AOR today. Please update the sheet.

ID: panky249
App sent: March 14th 2019
App received: March 18th 2019

AOR: May 13th 2019

Congratulations to all those who got AOR and All the best to others who are waiting!!

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Good morning !!

Received AOR today. Please update the sheet.

ID: panky249
App sent: March 14th 2019
App received: March 18th 2019
AOR: May 13th 2019

Congratulations to all those who got AOR and All the best to others who are waiting!!
congrats, updated

Reactions: panky249

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I'll be applying in the first week of March. At that point I should have about 1,100 days of presence. Other than the straightforward stuff, is there anything we should be looking out for?

P.S. I'd like to vote in the election in October but that I doubt it will be processed in time.
Hey YamPower, remember me back from our PR application days? Wow so nice to see you again. We are in the same boat albeit I just applied because of a lot of US travel. How have you been?

Reactions: YamPower

Canadian4lif3

May 13, 2019
Hey Guys, First post. Im a little worried. I sent my citizenship application on the 6th of March, it was received on the 8th of March. Since then no AOR. Is this timeline normal or should I be worried. Any response would be appreciated. Also can the admin add me to the spreadsheet please.

Cheerz!

Last edited:
Reactions: waitforcitizenship

olaper

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
12-01-2017
Hey Guys, First post. Im a little worried. I sent my citizenship application on the 6th of March, it was received on the 8th of March. Since then no AOR. Is this timeline normal or should I be worried. Any response would be appreciated. Cheers!
I'm also same (March 5th application). But, don't worry. We'll get soon!!

Reactions: waitforcitizenship

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hey Guys, First post. Im a little worried. I sent my citizenship application on the 6th of March, it was received on the 8th of March. Since then no AOR. Is this timeline normal or should I be worried. Any response would be appreciated. Cheers!
Try call CIC and see whatt they say. I am March 11 applicant. I called them last friday the agent said that they are working on the applications received on March 12. I told him that i am March 11 applicant. He asked me my UCI number and other info, then he checked in the system but there was no application found. So he told me there could be two reasons, Either they have not opened my application yet, or they may have opened it but found it incomplete (in this case it will be returned).

Please try to call them, let see what they say about ur application.

Reactions: LambanoG

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Try call CIC and see whatt they say. I am March 11 applicant. I called them last friday the agent said that they are working on the applications received on March 12. I told him that i am March 11 applicant. He asked me my UCI number and other info, then he checked in the system but there was no application found. So he told me there could be two reasons, Either they have not opened my application yet, or they may have opened it but found it incomplete (in this case it will be returned).

Strange, last Friday I was told they were still working on March 4th and my application was received by March 6th. I then insisted CIC agent to send an email to the processing team to check if they received my application which she kind of did (surprised) and asked me to follow up after 30 days :)

harrycanada871

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019

I called them they said they r working on march11th and