+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Ok i just gave a Call again. This time the agent says that they are working on the applications received on March 12. I told him i am March 11 applicant. He asked me my UCI number and other info, then he checked in the system but there was no application found. So he told me there could be two reasons, Either they have not opened my application yet, or they may have opened it but found it incomplete (in this case it will be returned).
Now I don't know which would be the case though, could only pray that it may not return :( :(

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I applied for my citizenship on March 28th.

I have a question. For language requirement, I sent my IELTS and Canadian diploma certificate as proof. Now I have lost my IELTS original. Will this create a problem? I still have my original diploma certificate.

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
Ok i just gave a Call again. This time the agent says that they are working on the applications received on March 12. I told him i am March 11 applicant. He asked me my UCI number and other info, then he checked in the system but there was no application found. So he told me there could be two reasons, Either they have not opened my application yet, or they may have opened it but found it incomplete (in this case it will be returned).
Now I don't know which would be the case though, could only pray that it may not return :( :(

What I’m wondering is if the certain people got there AOR last week, then IF your application is returned you should’ve gotten it back by now. Canada post don’t take 2 weeks to mail something.

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
What I’m wondering is if the certain people got there AOR last week, then IF your application is returned you should’ve gotten it back by now. Canada post don’t take 2 weeks to mail something.
I wish you are are right. I still have some hopes since some of others March 11 applicants have not received AOR yet.

Reactions: ukd123

olaper

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
12-01-2017
I submitted on March 5th. But, still waiting AOR..

Reactions: waitforcitizenship

Savnik

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

Hope all of you are doing well.

I wanted to share my experience with you all. I had sent my application for citizenship In january, unfortunately my application was returned on March 10th because of missing photos. I sent the application again and it was received on March 20, i am still waiting for my PR. Those asking if the application comes in the mail. Yes, it does if its returned. Hoping that we get our AOR next week. have a great weekend guys until then.

Cheers

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello All,
When I received the AOR, there was a link on there that leads you to more information about the citizenship test, it reads that "You may be invited to take the citizenship test within weeks after we send you the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter. About 4 weeks before the test, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location."

There are links on the website to download the study material:

I have a few questions:

1) Should I be expecting an email from CIC letting me know about the date of my test shortly or does this take some time? Or is it usually, once they have started processing my application? How long is the wait between the time the AOR is received and the date of the test is set?

2) Also, do you guys recommend that I start studying for the test NOW?

3) I know that the Citizenship application takes about 12 months, so when should I be expecting the date of test notification email/letter and it also suggests that once the test is PASSED, there will be an interview the same day and once everything is cleared, the officer will let me know about the ceremony date.

I just need to know the closest approximate time frame for all of this.

Thank you

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hello All,
When I received the AOR, there was a link on there that leads you to more information about the citizenship test, it reads that "You may be invited to take the citizenship test within weeks after we send you the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter. About 4 weeks before the test, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location."

There are links on the website to download the study material:

I have a few questions:

1) Should I be expecting an email from CIC letting me know about the date of my test shortly or does this take some time? Or is it usually, once they have started processing my application? How long is the wait between the time the AOR is received and the date of the test is set?

2) Also, do you guys recommend that I start studying for the test NOW?

3) I know that the Citizenship application takes about 12 months, so when should I be expecting the date of test notification email/letter and it also suggests that once the test is PASSED, there will be an interview the same day and once everything is cleared, the officer will let me know about the ceremony date.

I just need to know the closest approximate time frame for all of this.

Thank you
1. Once AOR is issued takes anywhere between 2-5 weeks to go into 'In Process'. During this time they run background checks, fingerprints if applicable, security checks etc. This can take anywhere between 1-10 months. Nobody knows as it case-by-case scenario, hence the total time is said as 12 months.

2. Definitely. I have started reading the booklet already.

3. Again, this is case-by-case/load on your processing centre etc. One applicant in Feb got everything done in 3months. But there are still folks from 2018 undergoing 'InProcess'. Wait until you get FP request or Test Invite. Give the test and interview. Wait for oath letter. Attend the oath and ceremony. Canadian!

Bottom line is we are in same boat as you, no one can say for certain, all you can do is study for test and keep going about your daily life.

Reactions: getlucky2018

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hello All,

I applied for my citizenship on March 28th.

I have a question. For language requirement, I sent my IELTS and Canadian diploma certificate as proof. Now I have lost my IELTS original. Will this create a problem? I still have my original diploma certificate.
Depends on the case officer. Dont think this would create an issue, as you already have the diploma original as well.
The main objective is to gauge the conversation skills during the interview. If all goes well, the officer may not even care about your original IELTS.
Point is that, its no use fretting now. You should be ok.

If you want to be 100% sure, reach out to IELTS and see if they can re-issue original (they only save applications upto 2 yrs of the exam date)

ukd123

Aug 22, 2014
App sent: 11 Mar 19, App delivered: 14 Mar 2019
AoR: , In Process:
Test date: , Decision made:
Oath invite: , Oath date:
Number of days in Canada: 1144 (at the time of signing application)