+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi, can you please add my name to the xls sheet?

App sent: March 22
App received: March 25
Days in Canada: 1098
Appln: Single

Can you also share the link to the xls again please?

Thanks and wish all of us a smooth path through this last step on the Canadian immigration

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hi, can you please add my name to the xls sheet?

App sent: March 22
App received: March 25
Days in Canada: 1098
Appln: Single

Can you also share the link to the xls again please?

Thanks and wish all of us a smooth path through this last step on the Canadian immigration
done. link is in my signature

Reactions: fabianonetto

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Just a quick one for my information, how can people know that the application is returned? By email or mail or what?

Also, when people is notified by returned application?

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Correction: question 5 (not 6) in the adult application

One more question that worrying me, if there is no changes in the name ever, question 5: the table shouldn't be filled and keep it empty, is that correct?

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hi i just sent my application today.
Timeline:
March 28: app sent (via Canada Post)
April 1: estimated day to be receive
Days: 1095
With (1) minor. Thanks

Last edited:

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Which area is KW area? and are not all the applications going to Sydney NS office only for processing?
Kitchener Waterloo and Cambridge. One hour drive from Toronto. All applications initially go to Sydney but then they are sent to your respective area processing offices. Your area is where your home is. I live in Cambridge so kW office will handle my application once it is transferred. You also get AOR when application is sent to your processing office.

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Is there any response!

One question that worrying me regarding filling the citizenship application for adult, if there is no changes in the name ever, question 5: the table shouldn't be filled and keep it empty, is that correct?

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Is there any response!

One question that worrying me regarding filling the citizenship application for adult, if there is no changes in the name ever, question 5: the table shouldn't be filled and keep it empty, is that correct?
This is the quote below from the application guide on the CIC website:

We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married name, nick names or any other names you have used. If you have legally changed your name, see Appendix A

Re-reading it again, seems they need to know all the names ever used. I gave my existing name and selected 'Name at birth'. Only one entry.
Best ask other members for their responses.

In case of an app return, CIC will mail (not email) you the original application with appropriate area highlighted. That would be 2 months from now, when they do AORs for March.

Last edited:

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
This is the quote below from the application guide on the CIC website:

We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married name, nick names or any other names you have used. If you have legally changed your name, see Appendix A

Re-reading it again, seems they need to know all the names ever used. I gave my existing name and selected 'Name at birth'. Only one entry.
Best ask other members for their responses.

In case of an app return, CIC will mail (not email) you the original application with appropriate area highlighted. That would be 2 months from now, when they do AORs for March.
Thanks cursor18 for your kind reply.
I just left the table blank as the way I understood the statement If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. is ONLY if I used another name than the one in the immigration documents for example is my name at birth was Reda and I changed later on to Ahmed I should print it and mention it is name at birth.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Thanks cursor18 for your kind reply.
I just left the table blank as the way I understood the statement If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart. is ONLY if I used another name than the one in the immigration documents for example is my name at birth was Reda and I changed later on to Ahmed I should print it and mention it is name at birth.
I had the same thought initially as well. But the first sentence says "We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity." and 'Name at birth' was one of the options so I entered it
Its a matter of how you perceive it. That said, i have no idea of the right answer.

akshar

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Kitchener Waterloo and Cambridge. One hour drive from Toronto. All applications initially go to Sydney but then they are sent to your respective area processing offices. Your area is where your home is. I live in Cambridge so kW office will handle my application once it is transferred. You also get AOR when application is sent to your processing office.
Oh Alright. Thanks for this info. BTW how's Brampton office performing in this regards?

akshar

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
I had the same thought initially as well. But the first sentence says "We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity." and 'Name at birth' was one of the options so I entered it
Its a matter of how you perceive it. That said, i have no idea of the right answer.
I too have left it blank due to the second statement that says "If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart"

wannabePR

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016