+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hi Friends can anybody answer my questions?

I'm an international student from 2012-2014 and then got my work permit 2014-2017 and then my PR 2017-till date

In the application form question 14(a) Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your 5 year eligibility period? Tell us about all of your travel documents and/or passports covering your five year eligibility period.....

--- For this question should I include my study permit/ work permit (and their related Visa documents) along with PR card information??

and For 9(B) status in Canada
The date obtained is the document obtained date.
But what should be the expiry date? my study permit expiry is 31-03-2015 but I received my PGWP on 10-10-2014. So what should be the expiry date?? 31-03-2015 or 09-10-2014??

Friends can you please help to complete these 2 questions

Thanks in Advance
Yes you will be qualified for Citizenship in this 2019, it all depends on your month and date of obtaining PR and if you left the country while being a PR you would have to make up that time. I two got PR on March 03rd, 2017 and have already gotten my AOR for Citizenship.

Reactions: pri27

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
if you got PR in 2017 I don't think you're eligible for citizenship just yet.
I am here in Canada before my PR. So I can claim 365 days from that period. I’m eligible now. I have 1104 days as of today!!

My question is not about eligibility!! My question is about the questions in the application form

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
Yes you will be qualified for Citizenship in this 2019, it all depends on your month and date of obtaining PR and if you left the country while being a PR you would have to make up that time. I two got PR on March 03rd, 2017 and have already gotten my AOR for Citizenship.

Yes I already made up my days and I’m at 1104 days.

Can you please help me with the question 9(b) and 14(a)!!

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
I think might be eligible for citizenship. If got the PR before March 2017. then it is a straight two years as PR and easily can obtain one more year from the previous work permit period.
Yes I got my pr in april 2017 and made up my days. So I’m good now. But my question is what to write under question 9b and 14a
Please help with that!!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Yes I got my pr in april 2017 and made up my days. So I’m good now. But my question is what to write under question 9b and 14a
Please help with that!!
I can try and help with this...

For 14a only list travel documents, for example a passport. A PR card on its own is not a travel document, neither is a work or study permit
Have a look at this link, if your travel document in not listed there then I personally would not include it in 14a.
I did not include my PR card on 14 a as it is not listed in the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html

For 9b i'm not 100% sure but I would write both separately and include the expiry dates for both.

Hope this helps

Reactions: pri27

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
I can try and help with this...

For 14a only list travel documents, for example a passport. A PR card on its own is not a travel document, neither is a work or study permit
Have a look at this link, if your travel document in not listed there then I personally would not include it in 14a.
I did not include my PR card on 14 a as it is not listed in the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html

For 9b i'm not 100% sure but I would write both separately and include the expiry dates for both.

Hope this helps

Expiry dates as on the study permit/work permit?

Because my study permit was till 31-03-2015
I got my work permit on 23-10-2014.

So not sure if i mention the expiry as per study permit... or the day i obtained work permit. Because logically study permit would be invalid on the day I obtain work permit. So bit confused

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Expiry dates as on the study permit/work permit?

Because my study permit was till 31-03-2015
I got my work permit on 23-10-2014.

So not sure if i mention the expiry as per study permit... or the day i obtained work permit. Because logically study permit would be invalid on the day I obtain work permit. So bit confused
You must have had study permit before work permit though?
If the dates are different and they fall within your 5 year eligibility I would definitely include both
I don't think it matters if one expires or becomes invalid, they just want to know about all documents within that time frame

I would write;

study permit - date effective xxxx to date expired xxxx
work permit - date effective xxxx to date expired xxxx

I personally have not had a study permit but I think its best to include everything that the agents can look up for themselves...

pri27

Sep 20, 2016
You must have had study permit before work permit though?
If the dates are different and they fall within your 5 year eligibility I would definitely include both
I don't think it matters if one expires or becomes invalid, they just want to know about all documents within that time frame

I would write;

study permit - date effective xxxx to date expired xxxx
work permit - date effective xxxx to date expired xxxx

I personally have not had a study permit but I think its best to include everything that the agents can look up for themselves...

I actually renewed my study permit so the expiry was till march 2015. But I graduated in aug 2014 and got my open work permit by 2014 oct

So thats the reason my study permit date is so long. And yes I definitely need to include them
On the application.

So from the convo. I fee its better to write the expiry date as for the study permit/work permit.

Thanks for the reply and the link

Reactions: Chevy23

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Please add my details to the spreadsheet!!!

App. Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence: 1438
App. Sent: March 25, 2019
App. Delivered: March 29, 2019
AOR: June 6, 2019

THANKS
Congratulations.Updated. Please provide the name of city/location.

qm2018

Aug 27, 2018
Please add below details for my mom (senior) it should be interview only without test:

Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1133
App Sent: March 4, 2019
App Received: March 7, 2019
AOR: May 22, 2019

Anyone have experience with seniors process timeline ?

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Please add below details for my mom (senior) it should be interview only without test:

Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1133
App Sent: March 4, 2019
App Received: March 7, 2019
AOR: May 22, 2019

Anyone have experience with seniors process timeline ?
DONE.