Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2014
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah soon...
Hi All ,

I am really happy to see this forum .

I would like to apply for a citizenship this week but have a question in mind.

Do I need to submit police clearence certificate along with application or can I submit later when request?

How you guys are applying ?

Thank you for your response

If your case requires to Submit Police Clearance, in such case you MUST need to provide Police Clearance along with the Application.
Failure to submit necessary document along with Application may delay the process.

In my case, "PC" was not required at all, so I did not provide the document.

Blackj2289

Apr 2, 2016
This is incorrect. I would urge you to read the instructions carefully before submitting your application
It will save you from possible issues down the line

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
=========================================================
Thanks for your response, my only concern is that I had to submit my original IELTS results for the PR application. What proof do I attach to the application now.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
=========================================================
Thanks for your response, my only concern is that I had to submit my original IELTS results for the PR application. What proof do I attach to the application now.
No immigration application (including PR/Czship) asks to submit original IELTS docs. To verify physically yes, but via post/mail only copies are required.

I would recommend you send the IELTS copy (if you still have one) via mail for Czship application and explain the situation if it comes up during interview
Other option is to submit any post degree certificate/transcripts etc. Or you could also reach out to IELTS to re-issue the original Certificate (though they keep results only upto 2 years)

Rondamon

Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

I'm just about to apply but have a question. Maybe someone has been in the same situation.

I worked several years of my eligibility period with an open work permit, hence with a SIN number starting with 9. After receiving my PR I kept working but my SIN was updated to one starting with 5.

In the application it asks for the SIN number to check for Tax returns. My current SIN number only covers 2 Tax returns out of the last 5, and the previous one covers the remaining 3.

Can you advise how to fill out the form? Has anybody had the same issue?

NiManta

Feb 25, 2019
Hello,

I'm just about to apply but have a question. Maybe someone has been in the same situation.

I worked several years of my eligibility period with an open work permit, hence with a SIN number starting with 9. After receiving my PR I kept working but my SIN was updated to one starting with 5.

In the application it asks for the SIN number to check for Tax returns. My current SIN number only covers 2 Tax returns out of the last 5, and the previous one covers the remaining 3.

Can you advise how to fill out the form? Has anybody had the same issue?
Maybe this thread can help you. In a nutshell, it says that your previous SIN is linked with your current one. Therefore, you must use the updated one. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Rondamon

Rondamon

Nov 2, 2014
Maybe this thread can help you. In a nutshell, it says that your previous SIN is linked with your current one. Therefore, you must use the updated one. Hope this helps!
Thank you.

I assumed that was the case as well, but got doubts because when I log into my CRA account (with my current/new SIN) I can only see my two last Tax return assessments. It is likely that my current and old SIN numbers are linked behind curtains somehow as I did the SIN change according to all current CRA protocols.

Maybe I should include an explanation letter just to be on the safe side (?)

NiManta

Feb 25, 2019
Thank you.

I assumed that was the case as well, but got doubts because when I log into my CRA account (with my current/new SIN) I can only see my two last Tax return assessments. It is likely that my current and old SIN numbers are linked behind curtains somehow as I did the SIN change according to all current CRA protocols.

Maybe I should include an explanation letter just to be on the safe side (?)
You're welcome!

I used to be an international student as well and went through the same SIN change. Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly when I was able to see the previous tax years after getting a new SIN but right now I can see them all. If I were you, I would give CRA a call and ask them about the situation. If they confirmed that everything is okay and also provided an explanation on why you can't see your previous returns, then there'd be no reason for you to include an explanation letter with your application. If you're not satisfied with CRA's response, then I guess including the explanation letter would definitely keep you on the safe side.

Maybe other members can help better based on their past experience.