+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Does the test invitation always appear in ECAS? Some people mention they have "We sent you a notice ... to appear and write the citizenship test on ..". I received test invitation 8 days ago but in ECAS the last line is still "We started processing your application on ..."

P.S. I found some topics with people experiencing the same issue, so it must be fine.
Mine showed up in ECAS after one day. Initially after the email ECAS wasn't showing anything

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi there,
Had my exam today, went well...officer informed me they will email us once everything is received.
For me - fingerprint results
Spouse- security clearance.

Any idea what security clearance is?

Reactions: vekineki

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi there,
Had my exam today, went well...officer informed me they will email us once everything is received.
For me - fingerprint results
Spouse- security clearance.

Any idea what security clearance is?
Good to know. May i know when did you do your FP ?
Also did your FP result had to go to Vancouver ?
I am asking this because the agency from which i completed my FP they told that the Results processed pretty fast at Vancouver office.

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
I am asking this because the agency from which i completed my FP they told that the Results processed pretty fast at Vancouver office.
My FP had to go to Vancouver. I got them done on 2nd August. Got my test invite on 14th Aug. I'm also curious that are the results already back at my local office (Calgary). If they are, then it was very quick bcz there was a long weekend on the 5th August. I thought they only invited you to write the test once all the security clearance was done but I think I was wrong. They can invite you to the test even if the security clearance and FP are still pending. Any advice?

OliverKhan

May 24, 2019
Hi guys,
Curious question, for FP requests, do we have to send the results in 30 days , or FP scanning is to be done in 30 days of receiving the request? I'm yet to get my results back in the mail and I only have 15 days left to send it to CIC.

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
My FP had to go to Vancouver. I got them done on 2nd August. Got my test invite on 14th Aug. I'm also curious that are the results already back at my local office (Calgary). If they are, then it was very quick bcz there was a long weekend on the 5th August. I thought they only invited you to write the test once all the security clearance was done but I think I was wrong. They can invite you to the test even if the security clearance and FP are still pending. Any advice?
I got my "FP" request status update on ECAS in ist week of July that says that "we sent you correspondence on 8th July..." but i received my Request Email on August 02 and i completed my "FP" procedure on 6th Aug. Whereas i got the Test invitation letter on 18th July and my Test is on 21 August. So i am not really sure if they send the Test invitation after the completion of Security clearance/FP or not.

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Added. can you please let me know the app sent date and physical presence days?
Thanks
App Sent: March 26, 2019
Physical Presence: 1169 days

Reactions: yasir22

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
I did on Aug 3, and yep it goes to Vancouver

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
That's right....they invited me even before I got my email for fp.

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi guys,
Curious question, for FP requests, do we have to send the results in 30 days , or FP scanning is to be done in 30 days of receiving the request? I'm yet to get my results back in the mail and I only have 15 days left to send it to CIC.
Is it not that fp gets forwarded to cic directly ?

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
How about that status update on ECAS that says, "We sent you correspondence.....", did that status not updated before you receive Test invitation email ?
Yep it did, I had that first and all of a sudden I received email for invitation to test. Ecas showed fp request first and then test invitation. But I received email for fp only after a month of ecas update of" correspondence sent......."

waitforcitizenship

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Yep it did, I had that first and all of a sudden I received email for invitation to test. Ecas showed fp request first and then test invitation. But I received email for fp only after a month of ecas update of" correspondence sent......."
that what happened to me as well. Once i did not receive any "FP" request for couple of weeks since it updated on ECAS, i called CIC and they said that there was an error due to which the request email could not go through (i believe you had the same issue), and that's why it took me almost a month to receive "FP" request after it got updated on ECAS.

Virdeelove19

Star Member
May 6, 2019
In that case, decision on the application won't be quick after the test if they haven't received the FPs. The agency which did my FPs told me that the FPs go to RCMP and they send it to immigration. This is so confusing. I'm just sitting tight and not trying to think too much.