+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

SheikhAnwar

Mar 20, 2018
My AOR is March 11. Eligibility is recommended passed, security check has not started yet and my medical will expire on Feb 26, however, there are no signs of PPR. Can I do re medical upfront without waiting for request from CIC

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
My AOR is March 11. Eligibility is recommended passed, security check has not started yet and my medical will expire on Feb 26, however, there are no signs of PPR. Can I do re medical upfront without waiting for request from CIC
No, don't. Wait for them to ask. It will also be a great indication that your file is almost done when/if they request remedical.

Reactions: Y@$h

Arsen Lupin

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Just a question to stay on the medicals topic.

My application has been approved on the 16th of January but I am yet to receive PPR and my medicals will expire on the 15th of February. Would they necessarily ask or extend my medicals (making the process longer) or can I expect PPR without all those steps? I am an inland applicant.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I think they will send you a notice for remedical and then you can do it.

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Just a question to stay on the medicals topic.

My application has been approved on the 16th of January but I am yet to receive PPR and my medicals will expire on the 15th of February. Would they necessarily ask or extend my medicals (making the process longer) or can I expect PPR without all those steps? I am an inland applicant.
For in-land applicant, they usually would give you an extension.
No worries about that. Them gave me an extension on Jan 22nd and I got the PPR on the next day (Jan 23rd).

Reactions: Arsen Lupin

xcxcxcx

Dec 9, 2019
No worries about that. Them gave me an extension on Jan 22nd and I got the PPR on the next day (Jan 23rd).
Where is your visa office?
My medical got extended on Jan 21st but still waiting for PPR for now.
I am sooooo sick waiting for it.

vongueart

Oct 10, 2018
I'm here to share some good news.

AOR: March 6th, 2019
Med passed: April 13 [On the same date, I received a request for my police certificate, which was already at Canadian embassy]
Request Letter for my common-law partner's docs: Dec 5th, 2019 (he is a Canadian and has nothing to do with my PR, so all docs they requested were redundant)
Otherwise, NOTHING until Feb 4th, 2020. Meanwhile, I requested ATIP notes, sent additional explanations (clarifications) at my initiative, called, inquired - nothing. I don't know if any of what I did helped or it just ran its course.
PR landing interview invitation: Feb 4th, 2020
COPR: Feb 10th. I expected to receive PPR and wasn't sure if landing an interview meant I'm in, but once I got to CIC Etobicoke, it was a standard procedure.

I'm supposed to receive my PR card to my mailbox in 2-3 weeks.

Interestingly enough, once I received COPR, I could see updates in the system:

Eligibility reviewed: December 9, 2019
Background check completed: January 27, 2020

I checked frequently but up until Feb 10th, when I had my interview, their status has not been changed.

It was an excruciatingly long wait. It didn't help that my case was complicated with having to prove my foreign self-employed work experience. I haven't found a single person who would have successfully done it, so I had to figure it all out mostly by myself. I didn't have spare 5k to pay to a lawyer, especially since I'd have to do most of the work myself anyway.

I'm still pinching myself to check if I'm not sleeping.

I hope it ends for all of you soon - and well! Good luck, people.

Reactions: Ausnol14

xcxcxcx

Dec 9, 2019

Med passed: April 13 [On the same date, I received a request for my police certificate, which was already at Canadian embassy]
Request Letter for my common-law partner's docs: Dec 5th, 2019 (he is a Canadian and has nothing to do with my PR, so all docs they requested were redundant)
Otherwise, NOTHING until Feb 4th, 2020. Meanwhile, I requested ATIP notes, sent additional explanations (clarifications) at my initiative, called, inquired - nothing. I don't know if any of what I did helped or it just ran its course.
COPR: Feb 10th. I expected to receive PPR and wasn't sure if landing an interview meant I'm in, but once I got to CIC Etobicoke, it was a standard procedure.

I checked frequently but up until Feb 10th, when I had my interview, their status has not been changed.

It was an excruciatingly long wait. It didn't help that my case was complicated with having to prove my foreign self-employed work experience. I haven't found a single person who would have successfully done it, so I had to figure it all out mostly by myself. I didn't have spare 5k to pay to a lawyer, especially since I'd have to do most of the work myself anyway.

Congrats.
May I know ur VO?

xcxcxcx

Dec 9, 2019
Is there anyone has any idea about when people usually get PPR after medical got extended
My medical got extended Jan21st why am i still waiting????????why

Asesino

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hey congrats on your ppr, are you an inland applicant? What was your VO

Brancov

Sep 24, 2019

Congratulations! Did you have to show proof of funds at your landing interview?