+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
That feeling of having a company relief some of the anxiety.
This brought an idea that I saw somewhere in the forum. How many people in this forum who have AOR in March still waiting? Could you please identify your visa office? I will start with myself. Plz copy and paste the following and add your details.

Applicants who are still waiting for good news:
1. mesho >>> March 23 >>> Vancouver
2.a.misra89 >>> March 5 >>> Montreal

BJ007

Nov 10, 2019
Hey BJ! Montreal is super slow! They are loaded with applications too. I have seen people getting the decision after 8 or 9 months wait. But have also seen some waiting for the last 11 months. I thought my application was straight forward but clearly thats not the case.
Lets bloody hope we don't have to wait another month. I am kinda losing my patience but we ain't got a choice..
Did you have a chance to call IRCC and ask them about your status?

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Have you ordered your GCMS? I am trying to understand how these notes would speed up the application?
GCMS notes do not speed up your application. You should order them to understand what stage your application is in. It also allows you to identify any issues with your application, such as missing, incomplete, or unclear documents. You can then proactively submit new versions to avoid the delays caused by waiting for an Additional Document Request.

TL;DR: GCMS notes do not speed up your application - they let you identify missing info and submit it to avoid delays.

Reactions: a.misra89

RAGHUVAR VADREVU

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
This brought an idea that I saw somewhere in the forum. How many people in this forum who have AOR in March still waiting? Could you please identify your visa office? I will start with myself. Plz copy and paste the following and add your details.

3.Raghu>>> March 18 >>>Montreal

Reactions: mesho

a.misra89

Sep 17, 2019
Surrey, UK/ Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-03-2019
GCMS notes do not speed up your application. You should order them to understand what stage your application is in. It also allows you to identify any issues with your application, such as missing, incomplete, or unclear documents. You can then proactively submit new versions to avoid the delays caused by waiting for an Additional Document Request.

TL;DR: GCMS notes do not speed up your application - they let you identify missing info and submit it to avoid delays.
Hey Shannon.. that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I will check out the GCMS website.

Vineetha Naval

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19

3.Raghu>>> March 18 >>>Montreal
4.Vineetha >>>March 22 >>> Ottawa

mkor

Oct 11, 2019
Have you ordered your GCMS? I am trying to understand how these notes would speed up the application?
It is not going to speed up the process but will give you a clear idea about your application . Everything is written in the pages of notes you can take help from this forum to understand the notes . It shows remarks of the agent and the stage /timeline of your application that's the use of gcm notes .

mkor

Oct 11, 2019
Hi there, I am new to the group and applied for Canada PR under express entry in February this year from Boston, Massachusetts.

AOR- 5th March 2019
Eligibility- Under review
Criminality- Under review
Security- Under review
Medicals- Passed April 2019
Visa Office- Montreal
Biometrics- Submitted in May 2019

I haven't called them yet because they say this service isn't for people outside of Canada. But I have emailed them a few times using Web form and received the generic response saying its under process and we shall contact you should we need anything from you.

I have not ordered GCMS notes either. Not sure what I can do to make my application speed up a bit besides being patient.

I have been reading posts from other candidates as well and mine is no different. Its been 8 months with no updates since May 2019 when I gave my biometrics.

However, I would love to join the Whatsapp group @legalfalcon is possible? And keep in touch with people with similar stories.
The link in previous posts are broken so if I could be added to the group that would be greatly appreciated. My number is +447375049520

Many thanks

Bests,

Anuj
Don't worry you will receive it soon and it's worth eating for
I think you must order gcm notes it will give an idea about your application because there are remarks given by the agent that's how it helped me

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I personally benefitted from ordering GCMS notes as I found out that they had some concerns regarding a letter and I was able to submit an updated copy of the same to resolve the issue.

Do note that originally GCMS notes would take around 30 days but recently the trend is more like 90 days.

Bruzi

Oct 11, 2019
Hi all! I've been silently watching this thread but I think I might share my timeline in case it helps anyone because it's not very standard.

Outland, Skilled worker, 2 applicants

AOR - March 20
Biometrics collection letter - May 2
Biometrics accepted - May 21 (around 2 weeks of completion)

Then followed long silence... as you might notice, medicals were silent too. We didn't worry too much because we thought maybe they don't require those from us because we've both got a working permit for 1 year (we've filled Canada Working Holiday program 1 month prior to our AOR to PR which was processed around 1 month past our AOR to PR) but haven't been to Canada yet. We've used the same medicals and are both healthy.

After long silence, October 11 we've received a request to make new medicals. It was confusing because our old ones were still valid for more than 4 months. Our medical center also suggested that there's nothing more they can do as everything was uploaded correctly.

We've sent our medicals as pdfs again with an explanation via e-mail then called (even though we're not in Canada, but we've found our ways to make a call as from the local number). Very helpful guy explained that it's better to make new medicals just in case. It's possible that the department responsible for checking medicals would accept our pdf's that we've resent but there's the risk that if for whatever reason they won't (apparently the call center had no way of finding out the reason as it's different department), we might get our application declined. We have done our medicals on November 30th and sent the new pdf's via e-mail straight away.

Status changed from 'your action required' to 'submitted' - November 7th
PPR - November 8th.

There were no ghost updates after biometrics, so PPR was a great reward after all this hassle.
Thank you all for helpful info I've found on this forum, I was quietly following all your posts and it really helped. Good luck for the ones still waiting, I'm sure you'll get yours soon too!

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hi all! I've been silently watching this thread but I think I might share my timeline in case it helps anyone because it's not very standard.

Outland, Skilled worker, 2 applicants

AOR - March 20
Biometrics collection letter - May 2
Biometrics accepted - May 21 (around 2 weeks of completion)

Then followed long silence... as you might notice, medicals were silent too. We didn't worry too much because we thought maybe they don't require those from us because we've both got a working permit for 1 year (we've filled Canada Working Holiday program 1 month prior to our AOR to PR which was processed around 1 month past our AOR to PR) but haven't been to Canada yet. We've used the same medicals and are both healthy.

After long silence, October 11 we've received a request to make new medicals. It was confusing because our old ones were still valid for more than 4 months. Our medical center also suggested that there's nothing more they can do as everything was uploaded correctly.

We've sent our medicals as pdfs again with an explanation via e-mail then called (even though we're not in Canada, but we've found our ways to make a call as from the local number). Very helpful guy explained that it's better to make new medicals just in case. It's possible that the department responsible for checking medicals would accept our pdf's that we've resent but there's the risk that if for whatever reason they won't (apparently the call center had no way of finding out the reason as it's different department), we might get our application declined. We have done our medicals on November 30th and sent the new pdf's via e-mail straight away.

Status changed from 'your action required' to 'submitted' - November 7th
PPR - November 8th.

There were no ghost updates after biometrics, so PPR was a great reward after all this hassle.
Thank you all for helpful info I've found on this forum, I was quietly following all your posts and it really helped. Good luck for the ones still waiting, I'm sure you'll get yours soon too!
Congratz! what was ur VO?