+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
My AOR is March 14th 2019 .. 6 months completed and they have still not even started background check ... Also it's been more than 70 days since we requested gcms and ircc has not provided the same. Is this normal ? Anybody else facing similar situation ?
I don't understand how the processing time exceeds 6 months without even working on it ...
70 days for GCMS is alot !! You need to send follow up emails to the info or call them as this is un-usual.

shivaranjan26

Aug 27, 2019
70 days for GCMS is alot !! You need to send follow up emails to the info or call them as this is un-usual.
We followed up a lot ... The get gcms team has taken this issue to OIC as well but still ircc is not releasing gcms ... Very confusing and irritating ... Really hope I get some sort of an update this coming month atleast

Singhyuvraj

Apr 28, 2019
Gcms is the best way but if its taking long then just relax and wait for it. Don't be anxious. In my case, i got PPR before my gcms notes so its its alright

Ria-sharma

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Gcms is the best way but if its taking long then just relax and wait for it. Don't be anxious. In my case, i got PPR before my gcms notes so its its alright
HI, congratulations!!!
Could you please tell me if along with PR with approved LMIA, had you applied for work permit also?

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
My AOR is March 14th 2019 .. 6 months completed and they have still not even started background check ... Also it's been more than 70 days since we requested gcms and ircc has not provided the same. Is this normal ? Anybody else facing similar situation ?
I don't understand how the processing time exceeds 6 months without even working on it ...
I have read on this forum that it usually happens (notes getting delayed) when your security checks are in progress. You can search this forum and validate.

Singhyuvraj

Apr 28, 2019
HI, congratulations!!!
Could you please tell me if along with PR with approved LMIA, had you applied for work permit also?
I did and i got work permit as well but i wasn't able to leave country because of family reasons. Then i applied my Lmia for pr from the same employer and put my application in express entry. If i would have gone to Canada on my work permit then i would have applied through CEC

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
Hello All:

I am looking for input from you folks. When I got a response from Mr. Goodale on the status of my application, I was told that Criminality has passed, Eligibility is met and Security checks have not been initiated.

Exactly, a week later I got a response for my webform question, they said: The responsible officer is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements. The background verifications are currently in process.

I am confused now because from Mr. Goodale's inquiry, it seems like the agent said Eligibility is Met. I understand that eligibility "Met" and "Passed" are different and that an officer has to do a final review. I am confused by the response I got from the webform because if they are still verifying eligibility requirements, why is Eligibility set to "Met"?

Do you usually get a generic response for the webform and since the Eligibility is not “Passed” they have said it is still being verified?

I am past the 6 month mark so any insight on this from you all will be greatly appreciated? Thanks!
This has happened to me too. Mr goodales office told me on 27 August that my eligibility, criminality and security checks have not been initiated. (Despite the fact that i had received two updates on my CIC account till now, one via email and the other was a ghost update).
Whereas my visa office (London, England) said on 28th August that my file is currently pending review by an immigration officer. I had been in a state of confusion ever since. I ended up ordering gcms notes

ash0187

Sep 6, 2019
This has happened to me too. Mr goodales office told me on 27 August that my eligibility, criminality and security checks have not been initiated. (Despite the fact that i had received two updates on my CIC account till now, one via email and the other was a ghost update).
Whereas my visa office (London, England) said on 28th August that my file is currently pending review by an immigration officer. I had been in a state of confusion ever since. I ended up ordering gcms notes
You said you got two updates on your CIC account. Can you elaborate what those updates were?

However, in your case it seems like Mr. Goodale's reply and the visa office reply sort of matched. Because Goodale told you eligibility, criminality and security checks have not been initiated. And the visa office said the file is still pending review which means they haven't initiated any checks yet. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your post...

What is your AOR? Good luck to all of us! Hope we get good news soon!

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
You said you got two updates on your CIC account. Can you elaborate what those updates were?

However, in your case it seems like Mr. Goodale's reply and the visa office reply sort of matched. Because Goodale told you eligibility, criminality and security checks have not been initiated. And the visa office said the file is still pending review which means they haven't initiated any checks yet. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your post...

What is your AOR? Good luck to all of us! Hope we get good news soon!
Okay even if we assume the two responses match, they do not match with the activity happening in my cic account. My application has been updated twice, i was informed once via email notification and the other was a ghost update. my background status has also changed and ADR status turning to not applicable somewhere in August. Even my visa office has changed from CIO Sydney Nova Scotia to London. This was the reason I didn’t apply for gcms notes earlier because i was seeing some movement on my cic account. But mr Goodales reply set me off in panic. I ordered the notes so that i can be certain of what’s going on. I think its best to order notes instead of relying on these emails which usually puts you in panic or confusion. And not to check these forums to see others progress because even that makes you anxious and dubious of your own progress. Because every case is unique and can’t be compared. My AOR is March 26, 2019

drimkid007

Sep 14, 2019
Hello, I just realised I can't find my vfs biometrics receipt. Anybody with a similar experience? Is it possible I can still submit passports without the receipts and without paying it again?

Singhyuvraj

Apr 28, 2019
Hello, I just realised I can't find my vfs biometrics receipt. Anybody with a similar experience? Is it possible I can still submit passports without the receipts and without paying it again?
Do we need to submit it as well because they didn't ask me to do that. Its already in your profile. Just submit documents with your passport

Judat

Nov 15, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
AoR 20th March

Nothing happened for 4 more than then request for Biometrics on 28 August. Nothing since then. 6 months completing in 5 days.
Gcms applied on 3 August. No update as yet even from there.

I won't be surprised if takes another 2 or 3 months.

Singhyuvraj

Apr 28, 2019
AoR 20th March

Nothing happened for 4 more than then request for Biometrics on 28 August. Nothing since then. 6 months completing in 5 days.
Gcms applied on 3 August. No update as yet even from there.

I won't be surprised if takes another 2 or 3 months.
It may take a month or two so hang on