+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

GuyRussy

Jun 4, 2019
Hi All,
I have a couple of queries and would be great if you guys can help:
1. Do ghost updates come on mail or are visible in the account? If in the account can someone guide on which section to look cause i have not received any mails since my biometrics in May'19
2. My account has been linked to a representative as i applied through an agent. Will the visa/pr mail come on my ID or the representative?

FSW applicant from India with AOR on 22 Mar'19

Regards,
Jatin
Hi Jatin, on your questions:
1. Ghost updates are supposedly not followed by an email, they are visible in your account when you login, instead of "submitted", it will say "Application/profile updated". See:
and https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/
2. PPR email will be sent to your representative.

Hope this helps.

GuyRussy

Jun 4, 2019
I always assumed the ghost updates mean that your case file is being moved from one stage to the next in the back end. Since the background check component is split into three different sub-categories on IRCC's end (criminality, eligibility, security), but is called "Background Check" on the front end, you'd get a ghost update when your file moves from Criminality > Eligibility and Eligibility > Security. It means progress is being made!
You're probably right. It's updates along the application process. For some reason, some of us get them and others don't. But it doesn't mean other applications aren't on track to be processed like those with ghost updates. I hope progress is being made. PPR issuance has been slow this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Thapar

vish123

Apr 5, 2019
Guys, I wrote to Ralph Goodale and I got a response from him stating the following:

Dear Andres - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Mar 20, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility has not been met.

Criminality passed.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Feb 2020.

Obviously, I'm really worried about the "Eligibility has not been met.", since I haven't received an official response from IRCC. I've even read that this is an automatic rejection of my application. I have requested my GCMS notes and I hope they arrive sooner than later, to see if there's anything I can do about it.

:(
Hi Andres,

Can you please let me know how did you get in touch with the Sydney CIO? I have my application at Sydney CIO as well.

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
Here's a small update to my application timeline. Basically I got married after AOR and added my spouse to my application. Not sure about any ghost updates because I didn't know anything about them and I might have missed them.

How does this look? Anyone here in a similar situation?

Timeline Update -

Location - Sydney, Australia
Nationality - Indian
Initial Visa Office - Ottawa VO
Current Visa Office - Sydney, Australia (Was informed via email on the 4th of August 2019)

1. EOI Submitted - 16th January 2019
2. ITA Received - 23rd January 2019
3. eAPR/AOR - 22nd March 2019
4. Medical Exam Passed/Biometrics Collection Letter - 6th May 2019
5. Biometrics Submitted - 24th of May 2019
6. Spouse Documents Submitted via Webform - 4th July 2019
7. ADR - Relationship Questionnaire, Spouse Medical Request and Travel Information - 12th July 2019
8. Spouse Medical Exam Passed - 27th July 2019
9. Estimated Processing Time - 22nd September 2019
10. Days Remaining - 40 days

Here's what the actual profile displays -

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • July 27, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • May 24, 2019 Completed.
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

sheroo

Feb 19, 2019
Hello guys,

I am March 3rd aor, and I just realised a small error when I filled my EE.
I entered 50hrs as my hours worked per week instead of 45 hrs as stated on the reference letter I submitted.
I entered 50hrs because I didn’t deduct my hourly break per week.

I hope this won’t be a problem.