****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How long did it take you to get the interview letter if I may ask?
It took 16 days after the SA and AIP letters were received to get a date for Etobicoke landing. This seems to be the general consensuses that the wait time is about 2 weeks.

Nabil.leb

Jan 7, 2019
Usually, when we talk about DM, we refer to ECAS status, check here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
ECAS only show [application received][inprogress][decision made]. When you click it, it will tell you that we sent correspondence to ABC on ****, please log in and check.

SA and AIP is a letter sent to your myCIC portal, the actual letter that matters.

I don't know why there is a time lag between two different systems, I guess different people updating different portals? If you check people's signature, you would also find AIP/SA/DM in all sort of orders.

Thank you so much for your explaining..
Really it's a great information.

If you allow me I would like to ask you a question maybe you can help me or Maybe you have an answer.

My sponsor got this letter (23 days ago)
And until now there is no new news.
Should I worry about that..!

"You have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly"

Thanks

Last edited:

Nabil.leb

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

Just looking for some help about a point please.

I am a March 20th applicant, my sponsor got this letter 3 weeks ago.
And until now we didn't hear any new news.
Should I worry about that?
Anyone have explanation ?

"You have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly"

Thanks,

Last edited:

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you so much for your explaining..
Really it's a great information.

If you allow me I would like to ask you a question maybe you can help me or Maybe you have an answer.

My sponsor got this letter (23 days ago)
And until now there is no new news.
Should I worry about that..!

Thanks
This is SA letter. Have you checked you ECAS? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

After checking, you can use that info [DM or not] to call CIC: Call: 888-242-2100: press 1-1-2-3

CIC rep might be able to give you more info. Hope it helps.

Lee_p

Jan 13, 2019
Hi everyone, can some please clarify this leter i got today in the mail.... its says “ it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.......” im a march 15 applicant, should i not have gotten the letter a long time ago? What those this means?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone, can some please clarify this leter i got today in the mail.... its says “ it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence.......” im a march 15 applicant, should i not have gotten the letter a long time ago? What those this means?
It is the AIP letter.

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Have you heard anything? I am waiting for DM letter and interview letter.
Hi, sorry I just saw your question.
(Feb 5th) I've received my letter saying that I am eligible
(Feb. 7th) My spouse got his approval to be my sponsor

Right now it is a little bit confusing since on the online tool it says Decision Made on both sides and also that they've sent a letter to my spouse on Feb. 11th but he hasn't received anything on this date.
On the other hand, when I call the automatic system, it says they are still reviewing my eligibility.
I believe their system is just mixing up all this information.

What is concrete is that we are waiting for the final decision letter and invitation for interview.

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Yes, I had the same feeling when I received mine.
It means that you are approved on your side as principal applicant, you need to know if your spouse is approved as your sponsor as well.
After that, CIC will take into consideration both approvals and make their final decision. That is when you receive the letter of "DM" and the convocation for interview.
Hope this helps

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Best Valentine's Day gift ever! I finally got my date for my Vancouver landing interview, March 6, 2019. :) Good luck to everyone waiting for news!
Good for you, congratulations!!!
Yes, yours took a very long time:eek:, you're probably relieved now

jelbelle

Mar 12, 2018
Good for you, congratulations!!!
Yes, yours took a very long time:eek:, you're probably relieved now
Thank you, I am very relieved! We actually received DM on both sides on December 21st, 2018. Thanks to this forum though, I knew not to panic with regards to Vancouver processing :) I am very excited to have a date now though. Good luck to all still waiting and especially to Vancouver applicants, hang in there, it will happen!

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hello everybody, as an update, I received my DM letter last night (Feb. 15)
Now, I'm just waiting for the letter from Etobicoke Office to arrange interview.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034