+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

åero2

Dec 19, 2018
I am surprised because they haven't asked additional info from anyone else and they are asking me RCMP fingerprints

and if i will send my fingerprints now then i think i have to send it again when they will ask for biometrics

i dont know whats wrong :( LOL
They won’t ask you for a biometrics because you had applied for PR before all this biometric thing came into effect. Unless you are from few list of countries and India is not on the list so don’t worry.

Happy New Year

Please let me know if I am wrong.

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Since the fingerprint thing is a new thing, they are not quite streamlining their process. Don't worry, just do what they want. It will be ok. The worst case scenario is doing it twice. Stay strong! We are with you!
thank you so much
will keep you updated :)

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Don’t worry this is perfectly normal, last time when I applied for Permanent Residency they asked me to do a RCMP Fingerprint before my background checks because I haven’t submitted a police clearance from Canada. And one more thing as far as I know the Biometrics and RCMP Fingerprints and both different.
I am not sure if they are same or different
Because it just says RCMP fingerprints on Biometrics and the additional documents part

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
They won’t ask you for a biometrics because you had applied for PR before all this biometric thing came into effect. Unless you are from few list of countries and India is not on the list so don’t worry.

Happy New Year

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Actually i was under the impression that they are asking for biometrics because it says fingerprints on both columns
but they are asking for additional documents that is fingerprints
you are correct my friend

weezie345

Dec 19, 2018
Hi Everyone!

We received DM on December 22nd (yay!) and instructions on what to do when arriving in Canada (we're already here though, so have disregarded that letter).

With Christmas and New Year falling as they have this year, I imagine that we're looking at extended times, but I wondered how long it has taken some of you to receive your interview dates after getting Decision Made? We're in Niagara Falls, so if anyone has experience with that particular office that would also be helpful.

Thanks! :)

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I was requested additional document yesterday, uploaded already. Timeline see my signature.
Do you mind asking what additional documents did they request from you ?
because they have requested additional docs from me as well which is RCMP police clearance and fingerprints

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi Everyone!

We received DM on December 22nd (yay!) and instructions on what to do when arriving in Canada (we're already here though, so have disregarded that letter).

With Christmas and New Year falling as they have this year, I imagine that we're looking at extended times, but I wondered how long it has taken some of you to receive your interview dates after getting Decision Made? We're in Niagara Falls, so if anyone has experience with that particular office that would also be helpful.

Thanks! :)
congrats :)
do you mind sharing your time line ?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Do you mind asking what additional documents did they request from you ?
because they have requested additional docs from me as well which is RCMP police clearance and fingerprints
I lived in Australia for 2 years (not my home country), they ask for Australia non-criminal check and Full Driving History (or an explanation from authority to explain why I don't have it). I wasn't driving back then so I cannot provide the latter, so I request an official letter from VicRoad, however, they are still asking it, so I suspect that my consultant didn't submit on the first place so that they just re-submitted the doc. That is the only letter that I can get. Anyway, it was submitted yesterday, hopefully, they will not ask for more.

MadaJ

Dec 12, 2018
i just received a letter saying my application is complete

“We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Montreal Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.”

anyone has an idea how long before they contact me?

Reactions: weezie345

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
Hi Everyone

I am a March 6th applicant, I haven't received any update after the medical has been passed. In the ECAS, on the sponsor side it's showing
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on March 6, 2018.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX and XXXXXX.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 5, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 4, 2018.
I think the third line is updated recently is that normal?

If someone can provide me an answer it would be really helpful.

Thank You

Last edited:

Sinoiz

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Everyone

I am a March 6th applicant, I haven't received any update after the medical has been passed. In the ECAS, on the sponsor side it's showing
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on March 6, 2018.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX and XXXXXX.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 5, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 4, 2018.
I think the third line is updated recently is that normal?

Also, we previously had a consultant who was a representative on our file when we were submitting the PR Application they asked to sign each 4 Use of representative forms (sponsor, applicant and 2 dependents). And since they were not updating us with the status of the application, recently we decided to take them off from the application so I (the applicant) signed the withdrawal Use of representative form and uploaded it and linked the application.
So what I am confused is that do the sponsor and dependent child have to sign each form to withdraw the representative?

What I am worried is that if the CIC ask for additional documents for the sponsor or dependants will they send it to the consultant?

If someone can provide me an answer it would be really helpful.

Thank You
Regarding your first question: I’m pretty sure this is normal. Mine says:
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXX on March 27, 2018.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXXXXXX
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 23, 2018.
Sorry we didn’t use a rep so I can’t speak to your other questions.

weezie345

Dec 19, 2018
congrats :)
do you mind sharing your time line ?
Of course!
My timeline is:

March 6th 2018 - application posted
March 7th - application delivered
April 4th - IRCC started processing the application
April 6th - IRCC sent acknowledgement of receipt of application and request for police clearance (we didn't realise the checklist had changed)
May 1st - Police certificates and Schedule A posted
May 2nd - IRCC confirmed receipt of Schedule A & police certificates
June 26th - Open Work Permit approved
August 30th - Instructions for medical exam sent
September 10th - had medical exam
September 25th - IRCC confirmed receipt of medical results
December 22nd - Decision Made & received Pre-Arrival Services letter (we are inside Canada so won't need this).

We've now had no correspondence since December 22nd.