+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
So last month (January 2019), after waiting for almost 7+ months, I decided to give CIC a call to inquire about my application. I was afraid something went wrong or maybe they sent me notice, and i did not get it - that sort of things. It sometimes get tough to reach an actual person on the phone, most of the time, it is just the machine talking. After trying few times (on hold for 45 minutes or so) I was able to get an agent on phone.

She looked over my application and said everything is in order. Nothing is due from my part. Then she gave me a very interesting info (at least interesting to me).

She told me, the reason I have not received a Test invite (January 2019) yet, is because CIC is overwhelmed with application and "they are probably looking for a space for me and my spouse for the Test" - So basically, what she was saying is that, my application is OK, but since there is too many applicants from my area (GTA), they are having problem giving me a date for Testing. As soon as two spots open up (me and for my wife), they will send me test invite.

Just thought I would share this. I know a lot of you are worried, speciallyif you have not received test invite yet.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
So last month (January 2019), after waiting for almost 7+ months, I decided to give CIC a call to inquire about my application. I was afraid something went wrong or maybe they sent me notice, and i did not get it - that sort of things. It sometimes get tough to reach an actual person on the phone, most of the time, it is just the machine talking. After trying few times (on hold for 45 minutes or so) I was able to get an agent on phone.

She looked over my application and said everything is in order. Nothing is due from my part. Then she gave me a very interesting info (at least interesting to me).

She told me, the reason I have not received a Test invite (January 2019) yet, is because CIC is overwhelmed with application and "they are probably looking for a space for me and my spouse for the Test" - So basically, what she was saying is that, my application is OK, but since there is too many applicants from my area (GTA), they are having problem giving me a date for Testing. As soon as two spots open up (me and for my wife), they will send me test invite.

Just thought I would share this. I know a lot of you are worried, speciallyif you have not received test invite yet.
Don’t trust a word they say - they have no idea what is going on. I have heard them telling me again and again “everything is ok” but it took 16 months to get test invite , “nothing additional is needed from you”, then a finger print request after 17 months ....

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
I just got my oath invitation this morning for March 19th, please update the excel.

Reactions: mayewam

hisharm

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-07-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Hi All,
We received our Oath Invite today. Here's our timeline:
App received - March 20th, 2018
AOR - Apr 16, 2018
In Process - June 18, 2018
FP Req - Sep 19, 2018
Test Invite (Mississauga Location) - Feb 11, 2019
Test Date - Feb 23, 2019
DM - Feb 24, 2019
Oath Letter - Mar 1, 2019
Oath Date - Mar 19, 2019 (Mississauga Location.)

Best wishes to everyone on this forum. Good luck!

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013

Hello,

Did you received Test invite? the spreadsheet is showing that you received the invite on Feb 26th and your test interview in April 2019

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Don’t trust a word they say - they have no idea what is going on. I have heard them telling me again and again “everything is ok” but it took 16 months to get test invite , “nothing additional is needed from you”, then a finger print request after 17 months ....
Well it's not like they have no idea...more like what kind of access they have. It is just that somehow, I never thought it would take so long just to send Test invite. She basically gave me the idea, telling me, that probably there is a long queue and that is probably the reason for delay.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Well it's not like they have no idea...more like what kind of access they have. It is just that somehow, I never thought it would take so long just to send Test invite. She basically gave me the idea, telling me, that probably there is a long queue and that is probably the reason for delay.
Exactly, the key word here is 'probably'. When we call them, the only thing they have access to is the GCMS report that will take us 30 days to receive from the day of request but they can see it instantly, that's the only difference. The 'idea' she gave you were all based on 'probably', which you can come up with yourself, using some common sense or based on observation, but there's no way to confirm or verify and there's no consequence of getting it wrong

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Admin may please add me to the spreadsheet to help others estimate their progress.Thanks

Process office: Hamilton, ON
Received on March 5, 2018
AOR on March 19, 2018
IP on June 1, 2018
Test invite on January 17, 2019
Test on February 13
Decision made on February 14
Oath invite on February 18
Oath ceremony on March 1

Last edited:
Reactions: GraceCan

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Cultural Access Pass

What do I get?
Free admission to museums, art galleries, science centres, national parks, marine conservation areas, historic sites, and more. As a CAP member, you also receive discounts on travel and free tickets for events and performances*.

When does my CAP expire?
One year from the date on your citizenship certificate. You can register for CAP at any time during your first year of citizenship.

How much does it cost?
CAP is a free program created by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and our cultural partners.

Eligibility
You are eligible for CAP
if all of the below
are true:

1. You are a Canadian citizen;

2. It has been less than 1 year since your citizenship ceremony;

3. You are 18 years of age or older.

Step 1:
Register for the
Cultural Access Pass

https://www.icc-icc.ca/site/register-for-cap/

Step 2:
Pick Up Your Pass
Already registered? Get your pass at a CAP Pickup Location near you. Simply enter your city/town and click “Search.”

http://attractions.icc-icc.ca/pick-up-your-pass/map/

Reactions: Nessasary

pixiebell

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2013
AOR Received.
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-10-2014
Med's Request
05-28-2014
Med's Done....
05-29-2014 Uploaded @CiC 06-10-2014
Interview........
waived Ecas updated decision made -June 14th
Passport Req..
06-23-2014 Rcvd COPR in mail
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt country
LANDED..........
September 15th 2014
Hi there,

Sent my Application March 1st 2018
AOR received March 23 2018
Test Invite date received March 17th 2019
Individual application
Testing Office Mississauga

Is it normal to have a test date on Sunday?

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi there,

Sent my Application March 1st 2018
AOR received March 23 2018
Test Invite date received March 17th 2019
Individual application
Testing Office Mississauga

Is it normal to have a test date on Sunday?
what is your in process date? and when did you receive the test invite?

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Admin may please add me to the spreadsheet to help others estimate their progress.Thanks

Process office: Hamilton, ON
Received on March 2, 2018
AOR on March 19, 2018
IP on June 1, 2018
Test invite on January 17, 2019
Test on February 13
Decision made on February 14
Oath invite on February 18
Oath ceremony on March 1

Congrats. Good to hear your journey is complete. My application is also being processed at Hamilton. Looking at your timeline I am now hopeful that I might get my test invite soon.

ChinaB

Apr 1, 2018
Completed the Test today in Mississauga, told I had scored 20/20 and they they had approved my application - told me I would be invited to an oath ceremony within 4weeks!
Really super fast and easy process today

How hard was the test? I am using citizenship test kit does it help