+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I have 1 question , What can we show as English language proof if anybody has no any English course or not having any degree in hand? Its compulsory to show English language proof for everyone to apply citizenship?

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hi,
i'm preparing for my test, which will take place on 08/03, only received the invitation on the 25th of Feb,

i'm planning to read discovery of Canada, but could someone please reply with the websites where i can practice the questions as from my understanding the questions are repeated all the times

thanks

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi,
i'm preparing for my test, which will take place on 08/03, only received the invitation on the 25th of Feb,

i'm planning to read discovery of Canada, but could someone please reply with the websites where i can practice the questions as from my understanding the questions are repeated all the times

thanks

http://www.canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com/member/canadian-citizenship-practice-test.php
Also, this website is not bad
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
And the mobile app: Canadian citizenship test Free (Alpaca software)
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ (Quiz only) - Free
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/canada_citizen_test/

For those that are about the write the exam, read the discover Canada book at least once and answer A BUNCH of the online questions. Do not try to memorize. The test, I would say is quite easy if you read the book once per week :p. The online prep questions were SUPER helpful :D.

I also watched 10 Episodes -
Canada: The Story of Us
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJyG4btas2dkKZXp5fxgeGWmbakN-KfM6

Last edited:
Reactions: Montreal101

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Please update

After waiting for 8 months (since In Process), we finally received Test invite for me and wife.

Received email of invite on: Feb 26, 2019
Test date for both of us on : Apr 03, 2019

Thanks.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hi,

thanks
To prepare for the test I am going to study Discovery Canada booklet + Canadian citizenship By Alpaca software.

The Canadian citizenship by Alpaca software is an app for mobile so you can also study on the go.

Reactions: Montreal101

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi All,

Today was my test at Kitchener - pass 19/20.

Please, update record for following information:
App.Type: Family of 2
Physical Presence Days: 1162
App Sent: 18-03-18
App Recd: 21-03-18
AOR:13-04-18
In Process: 18-07-2018
Test Invite: 14-02-2019
Test date: 27-02-2019
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date: maybe in 4 months since they do not have a local judge for the ceremony .o_O

Thanks and much appreciated! ^^!! :)

However, I had a bad experience in the interview.:cool:
I was fortunate to have done IELTS twice and obtained the original IELTS results from both exams.
My first result I did not use in the PR process or citizenship.:D

Even so, the IRCC website now says:
"If you did, you can submit your results as proof if the score is high enough.
Send a copy of your test results with your application, even if the results are expired.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html
If you lost or need a copy of your results, contact the test provider. Don’t contact us."

1- IELTS doesn't provide 2 copies of the result.
2 - They modified last month the information in the page below and above.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=572&top=5
...It is specifying that is only for QUEBEC region now...:eek:
"We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:...
<snip>
In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent to us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). We’ll accept the test results that you sent with your application for:

• Federal Skilled Worker
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Quebec-selected Skilled Worker
"

3- It was mandatory to use/mail the original results in the PR process and was allowed us to use the copy of it in the citizenship process...:)
Apparently, it is now no longer possible to use the copy of the test used for the Permanent Resident process also for citizenship...
SINCE TODAY the local immigration agent said that it is MANDATORY to have an original proof of English language exam result during the interview.:confused:

In fact, if I did not have the second original IELTS result to show during the interview, the agent would not erase the note he was writing in my process as "an unmet requirement". :(
He told me that he was not worried about my proficiency that was good but they have to see an original paper.

IS NOT FAIR!!! in my opinion, since it was a possibility until last year when I applied my process to any province not only QUEBEC to use the copy of the result, if you have already used the original for the CEC.

4-Another requested topic was a proof that I was still currently working in my company.
Thanks to the great Lord that I was with my company badge, which I usually do not carry,since I work with the end customer's badge.
No one has said or written on any page of IRCC, so far as I know :rolleyes:, that we should prove again that we are still working in the company which was informed in the process which was duly documented before.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi All,

Today was my test at Kitchener - pass 19/20.

Please, update record for following information:
App.Type: Family of 2
Physical Presence Days: 1162
App Sent: 18-03-18
App Recd: 21-03-18
AOR:13-04-18
In Process: 18-07-2018
Test Invite: 14-02-2019
Test date: 27-02-2019
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date: maybe in 4 months since they do not have a local judge for the ceremony .o_O

Thanks and much appreciated! ^^!! :)

However, I had a bad experience in the interview.:cool:
I was fortunate to have done IELTS twice and obtained the original IELTS results from both exams.
My first result I did not use in the PR process or citizenship.:D

Even so, the IRCC website now says:
"If you did, you can submit your results as proof if the score is high enough.
Send a copy of your test results with your application, even if the results are expired.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html
If you lost or need a copy of your results, contact the test provider. Don’t contact us."

1- IELTS doesn't provide 2 copies of the result.
2 - They modified last month the information in the page below and above.
...It is specifying that is only for QUEBEC region now...:eek:
"We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:...
<snip>
In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent to us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). We’ll accept the test results that you sent with your application for:

• Federal Skilled Worker
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Quebec-selected Skilled Worker
"

3- It was mandatory to use/mail the original results in the PR process and was allowed us to use the copy of it in the citizenship process...:)
Apparently, it is now no longer possible to use the copy of the test used for the Permanent Resident process also for citizenship...
SINCE TODAY the local immigration agent said that it is MANDATORY to have an original proof of English language exam result during the interview.:confused:

In fact, if I did not have the second original IELTS result to show during the interview, the agent would not erase the note he was writing in my process as "an unmet requirement". :(
He told me that he was not worried about my proficiency that was good but they have to see an original paper.

IS NOT FAIR!!! in my opinion, since it was a possibility until last year when I applied my process to any province not only QUEBEC to use the copy of the result, if you have already used the original for the CEC.

4-Another requested topic was a proof that I was still currently working in my company.
Thanks to the great Lord that I was with my company badge, which I usually do not carry,since I work with the end customer's badge.
No one has said or written on any page of IRCC, so far as I know :rolleyes:, that we should prove again that we are still working in the company which was informed in the process and that it was duly documented before.
You really seem to have encountered an overly zealous interviewer. I heard (from complete hearsay) that they are hiring a lot of new people these days. Maybe they were new on the job and overdid it?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
You really seem to have encountered an overly zealous interviewer. I heard (from complete hearsay) that they are hiring a lot of new people these days. Maybe they were new on the job and overdid it?
No, he was not a newbie... I know that because the other agent was asking him for advice.
He was apparently the senior ... ;)

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
No, he was not a newbie... I know that because the other agent was asking him for advice.
He was apparently the senior ... ;)
Hi OOmuchi, Sorry to hear about the new twist. When i went for interview (Kitchener location) on Jan 3, 2019, I showed a copy of my IELTS and he said he is not concerned. The officer did not even bother to glance it. Thanks for pointing out the new requirement. Wonder how one can produce original if he/she submitted it for PR?

Good luck. Hope this remark he noted on your application is not significant enough to delay your process. Did you offer to share the original (perhaps the first IELTS) at a later date (in-person or mail)? Just curious. Keep us posted on how things go. Vital learning for everyone to follow i am sure.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi OOmuchi, Sorry to hear about the new twist. When i went for interview (Kitchener location) on Jan 3, 2019, I showed a copy of my IELTS and he said he is not concerned. The officer did not even bother to glance it. Thanks for pointing out the new requirement. Wonder how one can produce original if he/she submitted it for PR?

Good luck. Hope this remark he noted on your application is not significant enough to delay your process. Did you offer to share the original (perhaps the first IELTS) at a later date (in-person or mail)? Just curious. Keep us posted on how things go. Vital learning for everyone to follow i am sure.
Hi Model_citizen,

I know it depends on the agent and the office that you are having the interview ... :confused:
and in my opinion it should not be so, if it creates a big impact on your process ...:oops:

Did you receive the OATH invitation for the next month?
Address: 29 Duke Street East, Kitchener, Ontario, N2H 1A2
Date: Wednesday March 13, 2019
Time: 1:30 PM

I was in Kitchener's office yesterday (my test day / interview) and I could not show the original IELTS document for the copy that was included in my citizenship process since I have sent the original IELTS to the IRCC for my PR (it was a mandatory request to send/mail it along with my PR process). :cool:

I'm not sure how they would handle this :( if a person does not have another original IELTS from a second test like I did.o_O
At least the agent accepted the second original result of the IELTS test :D, although a copy of the second exam was not previously included in my citizenship process.
I was lucky and blessed :), I'm not sure if someone would have paid twice for a test (2 English IELTS tests) when it was allowed to use the same test result in both processes (PR + citizenship).:rolleyes:

They changed the website information last December :
Date Modified:
2018-12-10

Last edited:

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......