+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

Lul114

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for your responses.
What's really frustrating my brother in law applied in September, he got the invitation test today!
I applied in March, in process since the 25th of june and I am still waiting for the test :(
Thats wierd and not fair from their side.

Last edited:

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
Is there a major delay in Toronto / Mississauga, I put my application in March and they started Processing June 19th but from then nothing at all ... Thats 7 months in process - all my other ExPats have told me theres were done within 5 - 6 months after the status changed to In Process!

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Is there a major delay in Toronto / Mississauga, I put my application in March and they started Processing June 19th but from then nothing at all ... Thats 7 months in process - all my other ExPats have told me theres were done within 5 - 6 months after the status changed to In Process!
Yes, given the observation we have from this forum, Mississauga office, is very much lagging behind other offices. I'm in process before you and still waiting for test invite as well. Many Jan and Feb active applicants in this forum haven't yet received their invite from Mississauga.

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
Yes, given the observation we have from this forum, Mississauga office, is very much lagging behind other offices. I'm in process before you and still waiting for test invite as well. Many Jan and Feb active applicants in this forum haven't yet received their invite from Mississauga.
Thanks - I was wondering if that was the case as all my other friends are amazed that I haven't had the test call yet! I guess we just sit and wait! Just the same as PR really!

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
You can use the same payment if it gets returned.

I got my application returned due to it being stale (I dated/signed it as 2017 instead of 2018 o_O), and incomplete. They will not take the payment in that case. when I resent it, I just used the same payment receipt.
Are you sure they accept the same fee receipt if you send the complete application again?

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Update - on January 3 he received his new date for his citizenship test and interview, Jan. 24 in Montreal. For what it is worth, he contacted them very shortly after he received his first date, then I (as his representative) emailed a month or so later to give them other dates when he was traveling. The email on Jan. 3 was the first contact we had with them since that. Fortunately he can make Jan. 24!
Jan 24 - passed test
Jan 25 - decision made!

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Are you sure they accept the same fee receipt if you send the complete application again?
If it is returned before it starts getting processed, yes. That is what I did and I am alreadt at the 'decision made' stage.

It makes sense, since they wouldn't take the payment the first time so why not use the same receipt for the second time? I sent an explanation letter anyway, saying I was sending the application again because the first one had the incorrect date. In my opinion, those explanation letters can be quite helpful.

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hi everyone
New to this thread
AOR March 15
In process may 30

Still no news then - montreal office
Anyone on the same boat from Montreal

Good day y’all

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
did anyone get visa stamps translated? if yes, did you just get some place to translate them or also got affidavit along with it?
thanks

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hamilton applicant here. App sent March...IP since June..............!

SDN1975

Jan 28, 2019
Hi.
AOR Mar 5
IP June 12
From Milton. Still waiting for test/interview

Is there any way to find out which processing Center one's application has gone to?

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Finally received the test date today. Question to all those who have appeared for and passed the test, are all the questions multiple choice? Also, I applied to get a copy of my COPR as I wasnt able to find it. Havent received it yet, what if I dont get it before my test date?

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Finally received the test date today. Question to all those who have appeared for and passed the test, are all the questions multiple choice? Also, I applied to get a copy of my COPR as I wasnt able to find it. Havent received it yet, what if I dont get it before my test date?
Congrats, where do you have your test?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I got my test invite today in email. Test date is Feb 9th.

Application delivered on March 8th, 2018. And for all those who are wondering, I am Mississauga applicant and test center is also n Mississauga.

Please update it to my profile in excel sheet.

Just wanted to ask for those who have taken the test already. What documents should I take for the interview in addition to below mentioned?
1) Invitation Letter
2) Prohibition Form
3) 2 pieces of IDs
4) All passports
5) COPR
6) PR Card

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited: