Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Did exam and interview on the 31st, got 2020, but my ECAS is still in process, is this normal ?
Yup. My husband did test on October 11 got 20/20.. still in process :(. I’m thinking because we are from the Middle East it takes longer for background check?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hi friends,

My application status in CiC website states, "We sent you correspondence on July 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

This correspondence was for Fingerprints which i did on July 31, 2018, I called RCMP, they said my process was completed on August 1 with no concerns. the actual mailing received by August 5, 2018. They were helpful enough to share the email that they would normally send to CIC. I have obtained that email and it states, "In response to your request for a status update on a civil criminal record verification for : Canadian Citizenship.
Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on : 2018-08-01
And the result of our certified criminal record check has been returned to the address indicated on the electronic submission.
As requested the results were mailed to:
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
IMMIGRATION, REFUGEES & CITIZENSHIP CANADA
GTA-CITIZENSHIP EXCEPTION NETWORK(GTA-CEN)15 FLR
325 MILNER AVE
SCARBOROUGH ON M1B 5N1"

Its been three months since RCMP informed CIC, yet my application is not moving forward, what should I do?
Hello Lumina,

I am in the same boat as you are. My application is also being processed by Scarborough and my FP were recieved kind of same date as yours. I'm still waiting for the next step. I know another person on this forum name Mike who is in the same situation as us. I'm assuming that Scarborough office just takes its time to process things.

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
can you plz share your timeline here?
App Received: March 6, 2018
AOR: April 10 2018
In Process July 5, 2018
Test invitation: September 28
Test Date: October 31
Decision made: November 5

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hello Admin,

Please add me to timeline excel sheet.

App Received: March 21, 2018
AOR: April 11 2018
In Process June 15, 2018
Finger Prints Request: July 31, 2018
Finger Prints Submitted: Aug 3, 2018
Test invitation: Waiting
Application processing center: Scarborough

Lumina

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hello Lumina,

I am in the same boat as you are. My application is also being processed by Scarborough and my FP were recieved kind of same date as yours. I'm still waiting for the next step. I know another person on this forum name Mike who is in the same situation as us. I'm assuming that Scarborough office just takes its time to process things.
Thanks Nave514, that was helpful. Do we have any stats of how long does that office take to process applications? Or how long it took for some one whose application was completed through this office?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Thanks Nave514, that was helpful. Do we have any stats of how long does that office take to process applications? Or how long it took for some one whose application was completed through this office?
By a quick look at the excel sheet it seems like Scarborough office is rapping up Feb 2018 application invites. So, hopefully we will hear something by end of this month.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey @dev514 and @Lumina

I did my FP on July 25, and still waiting.
From Hamilton but the asked to send the FP to Scarborough office.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yup. My husband did test on October 11 got 20/20.. still in process :(. I’m thinking because we are from the Middle East it takes longer for background check?
So why the test if you are not ready to process further? Hopefully it is about backlog, but Calgary people that took exam on the 31st all got it.

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
So why the test if you are not ready to process further? Hopefully it is about backlog, but Calgary people that took exam on the 31st all got it.
I have no idea. My husband is from Jordan and I’m thinking that that’s what’s taking long.

We are in Ottawa and many people who did their test that day that he meet at the test centre got decision made same day or day after.

I think you’ll get DM soon maybe before us.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have no idea. My husband is from Jordan and I’m thinking that that’s what’s taking long.

We are in Ottawa and many people who did their test that day that he meet at the test centre got decision made same day or day after.

I think you’ll get DM soon maybe before us.
I am from West Africa. it is showing that calgary last oath of the year is 24 of this month. funny enough the interview lady was so nice, ask me about my children, if I am coping well. I had all my original documents, made no comments on them, just said all is fine. She ask if I am
Planing on travel and I said , yes family trip, and she said no worries.
Wondering if I should have said no travel plans.

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
I am from West Africa. it is showing that calgary last oath of the year is 24 of this month. funny enough the interview lady was so nice, ask me about my children, if I am coping well. I had all my original documents, made no comments on them, just said all is fine. She ask if I am
Planing on travel and I said , yes family trip, and she said no worries.
Wondering if I should have said no travel plans.
No I don’t think that family trip has anything to do with it. I think you’ll be fine maybe it’s just the background check, I guess it’s dkfferent for everyone. My husbands friend waited 6 months for DM and when he saw the DM after 6 months he got oath letter after 1 week. He’s also from the Middle East. My husband thinks because his name is Mohammad that it may also affect his application. Who knows wére very confused and worried. When he did his interview the man was very nice; he told
Him everything looks good just wait for your oath letter after 3 weeks.. and it’s been more than 3 weeks now :(...

We wake up everyday going on Ecas to see if they put DM .. nothing. :(

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
No I don’t think that family trip has anything to do with it. I think you’ll be fine maybe it’s just the background check, I guess it’s dkfferent for everyone. My husbands friend waited 6 months for DM and when he saw the DM after 6 months he got oath letter after 1 week. He’s also from the Middle East. My husband thinks because his name is Mohammad that it may also affect his application. Who knows wére very confused and worried. When he did his interview the man was very nice; he told
Him everything looks good just wait for your oath letter after 3 weeks.. and it’s been more than 3 weeks now :(...

We wake up everyday going on Ecas to see if they put DM .. nothing. :(
I guess is just to wait and see, but a family that pays over 80k in taxes yearly and has had not even a speeding tickets should be treated right.