+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

jhandie0803

Apr 17, 2018
Is there anyone here who did their FP, how long did it take them to mail / email you for the next step? Is the ECAS will be updated? How you will know that they have receive the FP result. I did mine and they sent it directly to RCMP then RCMP will forward it to Vancouver who requested it.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do i need to remember all dates for the exam? Is exam manual or online?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Do i need to remember all dates for the exam? Is exam manual or online?
You need to know what is in the book. The exam is manual. After exam you will have the interview.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Is there anyone here who did their FP, how long did it take them to mail / email you for the next step? Is the ECAS will be updated? How you will know that they have receive the FP result. I did mine and they sent it directly to RCMP then RCMP will forward it to Vancouver who requested it.
Firstly, be somewhat assured that the FP process between RCMP and IRCC is a pretty smooth one. However, you will need to contact IRCC to confirm that they have received the results, if you are concerned. There will not be any notification on ECAS. Alternatively, you can order your notes via ATIP and see when they were received as well. When did you have the FP taken?

mikeles666

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
If you put type of communication in your application is thru email, then you will receive in your inbox. That's what the CIC told me when I called them because it's been 10 days already still haven't received their letter.
I wrote my email address in my application. And so far I've been receiving everything via email.
I called them yesterday, I was told to wait. If it doesnt come within next 2 weeks, they gonna resend it. I asked if they could simply send me an email.. as it would be so much easier. The agent told me that's it's not possible. I was even thinking of doing FP upfront, but the FP office needs information where to send it (3 offices here). So, at the moment I'm stuck.

Outdoor

Aug 12, 2018
Hello all!!

I have send an application in MArch 2018 and since June it says in process. I see that some people from March application already got their invitation tests for August, September etc. Is it normal that "In Process" status has been hanging there for a almost 2 months? I know it varies from situation to situation but what is average timeframe to get invited for the test?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello all!!

I have send an application in MArch 2018 and since June it says in process. I see that some people from March application already got their invitation tests for August, September etc. Is it normal that "In Process" status has been hanging there for a almost 2 months? I know it varies from situation to situation but what is average timeframe to get invited for the test?
Please have a look at the spreadsheet which gives you precisely that overview.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hello all!!

Hi @Outdoor yes it is normal. Infact the applicants who got test invites are (can we say) lucky.
Also some offices are working faster than others. From March to August its only about 5 months. A regular applicant can get processed around 10-12 months.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hi @jhandie0803 you can call RCMP and they will let you know when your fingerprint was processed and sent. Also RCMP sends the fingerprint information to CIC using a $2 regular mail. So it may take weeks before someone in CIC office receives and adds it to your file.

As mentioned you can call CIC after few weeks and they will let you know if they received it or not.

jhandie0803

Apr 17, 2018
Firstly, be somewhat assured that the FP process between RCMP and IRCC is a pretty smooth one. However, you will need to contact IRCC to confirm that they have received the results, if you are concerned. There will not be any notification on ECAS. Alternatively, you can order your notes via ATIP and see when they were received as well. When did you have the FP taken?
It was done on July 26, and the agency that did my FP said it will take RCMP to forward it to IRCC.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Hello all!!

I passed my test on July 24th and my ECAS is still showing as "In Process" today. No update about fingerprints or my test invite. So don't panic :) From my experience with this and with the PR ordeal, online updates are hit and miss. Very rarely is anyone updating our online statuses......