March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
thanks for the link I am not there I submitted Feb.23 but it was received Mar.2 AOR Mar.22 I checked both months I did not appear on either sheets.
You are already there. Row # 10 :)

M.T2018

Dec 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and not familiar with so many stuff. I applied my citizenship application in March on the 7th 2018. I don't know what does AOR means and I didn't received it yet. Also how long does it takes to " In Process" appears on the IRCC. When I check my status it says
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons"

Thank you in advance. Hope everyone good luck

Last edited:

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and not familiar with so many stuff. I applied my citizenship application in March on the 7th 2018. I don't know what does AOR means and I didn't received it yet. Also how long does it takes to " In Process" appears on the IRCC

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
AOR means your application is received and you will receive a case number so you can check your status online

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and not familiar with so many stuff. I applied my citizenship application in March on the 7th 2018. I don't know what does AOR means and I didn't received it yet. Also how long does it takes to " In Process" appears on the IRCC

hi @M.T2018

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt.

Basically after CIC does a basic check on your application package and makes sure you filled out all the forms and supplied all of the documents, they send out a letter or email, giving you a file number, saying we received everything properly. It does not mean your file is clear and you will become Citizen. It just means they have everything for now and if they need anything else they will contact you.

Current wait period is around 3 weeks (or less). So you should receive AOR very soon.

Reactions: M.T2018

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
When they received your application and when it got returned.I am waiting for mine to come back as forgot some docs to submit

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey @3bdcanada can we have the doc sheet sorted by Application recevied date?
As from that day we can assume our application work has started.
Also we can predict the next few people who may get AOR.

;)

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hey @3bdcanada can we have the doc sheet sorted by Application recevied date?
As from that day we can assume our application work has started.
Also we can predict the next few people who may get AOR.

;)
The applications for those that didn't yet receive AoR are already sorted by received dates. once you receive your AoR, you join the AoR applicants at the top of the sheet and your application will be sorted by AoR date. Same will apply for the other phases of the application (in process, test invite, oath, etc..)

Reactions: iamroth

Malak_7

Mar 5, 2018
Ottawa
comparing previous months to March, the time to AOR is decreasing but AOR to IP is increasing. Do we receive an email about IP or just checking the website and seeing it there?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
comparing previous months to March, the time to AOR is decreasing but AOR to IP is increasing. Do we receive an email about IP or just checking the website and seeing it there?
You have to check ecas to see the change to IP.

The fact that the time between AOR and IP is increasing is likely because the local offices are still dealing with the influx from October, so they can't accept the new applications as quickly.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
There is no email or notification sent for "in process". You will have to check it on ecas.
We still don't know if time to IP for March applicants is increasing; no enough data to show the trend yet. :)