+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I wrote my test on Aug 15, 2018 . Since then I haven't heard back for oath .

I rang CIC and they updated all my background checks are already done and completed. Anyone is in same boat??

Thanks

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
***Test and Interview Experience***
Wrote my test on September 5th and passed with 19/20 points and my interview was short less than 5 mins. At the end of it I was told I would be scheduled for oath next month sometime.
I left and the next day I was sent an email stating there were discrepancies in my travel dates.
This was actually my fault, I always take day trips to the states often with friends when I'm close to the border and I didn't account for these dates because ultimately they don't affect the days counted since I come back the same day. So I didn't account for 5 or 8 of these entries and I was asked for proof.
So I went to the I-94 site where you can get your entry stamps for the US and pulled that record and tallied it with the information I had from my CBSA report I had received earlier, I also added travel documentation like hotels and car rentals for trips I made that were for cities close to the border to buttress my point.
Next day, got an email back saying all was good and scheduled for oath.

Reactions: DimplySun

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Hi,

I wrote my test on Aug 15, 2018 . Since then I haven't heard back for oath .

I rang CIC and they updated all my background checks are already done and completed. Anyone is in same boat??

Thanks
Yes, I passed my test in July and my ECAS has been showing DECISION MADE since Aug 22nd, but I have not received any confirmation of my oath ceremony yet. It's just a waiting game.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
d my ECAS has been showing DECISION MADE since Aug 22nd, but I have not received any confirmation of my oath ceremony yet. It's just a waiting g
Thanks for your reply , my online status is Inprocess so far .

Outdoor

Aug 12, 2018
Quiet user here:
Passed my test today and was getting different thoughts as I was reading the thread or talking to my friends who have passed the test. The test can be passed even if you you never even open the book. The waiting period as I was told was around few hours - nothing like that. My test was at 10:15 came last, was the fourth person that passed the test. I was the first to get called for the interview however I was told that they call yu by last name and my first name is far from "A" or "D". The whole process took 25 minutes from the point of getting into the test centre to the moment I exit the building .

During the interview I was asked two questions: What do you do?Do you work?
Asked me to show her my ID cards PR Card and Passport -that's it.
That's it - the lady was nice and welcoming and the whole process went smoothly.

Going back to the test questions, - I regret reading the book TWICE as per recommendations, honestly waste of time.
Good luck to everyone - patiently waiting for the OATH invite what I was told be within 12 months of my application.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Thanks for your reply , my online status is Inprocess so far .
I've seen a lot on here who have had their ECAS changed to Decision Made the day after they passed the test. However, mine took 4 weeks to change. It just varies depending on the office/immigration officer.

Definitely nothing to worry about. Yours should change to Decision Made within 2 weeks, altho I find the ECAS updates are very hit and miss.

Maarns

Mar 4, 2018
Quiet user here:
Passed my test today and was getting different thoughts as I was reading the thread or talking to my friends who have passed the test. The test can be passed even if you you never even open the book. The waiting period as I was told was around few hours - nothing like that. My test was at 10:15 came last, was the fourth person that passed the test. I was the first to get called for the interview however I was told that they call yu by last name and my first name is far from "A" or "D". The whole process took 25 minutes from the point of getting into the test centre to the moment I exit the building .

That's it - the lady was nice and welcoming and the whole process went smoothly.

Going back to the test questions, - I regret reading the book TWICE as per recommendations, honestly waste of time.
Good luck to everyone - patiently waiting for the OATH invite what I was told be within 12 months of my application.
I won't complain if this is my experience on Friday. What office was this at?

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Quiet user here:

I would agree with you that the test was easy but I wouldn't suggest to people not to read the book. The book contains alot of good information that can either make you pass or fail. So in my opinion there are different versions of the test and as such it makes sense to go through the book thoroughly so you have a better chance at acing the test. I know you might not be advocating directly that people don't read but some might read the thread and feel lackadaisical

rqhr

Apr 9, 2018
Received test invite on 24th Aug for Sep 12th in Saskatoon.
No problem, will drive up there from Regina

Please update my status