+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

harryyyc

Mar 26, 2018
My Indian passport expires in December 2018. I have travel plans for November 2018. I am still waiting for my citizenship test invite.

I am confused as to whether I should apply to renew my Indian passport? Or wait for the test invite? Since there is no guarantee on the timeline, can someone help me with what is the option?

What if I send my original passport for renewal to Indian Embassy and if I get the test invite during the period when my passport is at the Embassy?

Need suggestions...!!

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
My Indian passport expires in December 2018. I have travel plans for November 2018. I am still waiting for my citizenship test invite.

I am confused as to whether I should apply to renew my Indian passport? Or wait for the test invite? Since there is no guarantee on the timeline, can someone help me with what is the option?

What if I send my original passport for renewal to Indian Embassy and if I get the test invite during the period when my passport is at the Embassy?

Need suggestions...!!
You should not receive a test invitation in less than 30 days so you can renew your passport now.
For example, I completed more than 3 months waiting for the IP and is summer vacation where we know we have some "natural" delay in the process.

harryyyc

Mar 26, 2018
You should not receive a test invitation in less than 30 days so you can renew your passport now.
For example, I completed more than 3 months waiting for the IP and is summer vacation where we know we have some "natural" delay in the process.
The only thing I am worried about is the Embassy in Vancouver takes 6-8 weeks to process the passport. And my very friend who applied with me on same day got a test invite yesterday.

izqfre

Dec 10, 2013
Montreal
Hi there, I got a fingerprint request yesterday , sent prints yesterday. I sent my application from Quebec, but i moved to Montréal one month ago!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Kamil799

Jul 5, 2013

Need suggestions...!!

I would wait for the test invite because based on Calgary timeline, you should get your test invite soon.

Reactions: harryyyc

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I got a fingerprint request yesterday , sent prints yesterday. I sent my application from Quebec, but i moved to Montréal one month ago!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
For getting finger prints done , you need to have letter with you or rcmp will do it right away and send it off to cic?