+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I just got my Oath Invite!

For those that haven't seen much movement, hang in there! It feels like an eternity (specially if you are like me, logging in to ECAS pretty much daily) but things are moving and I'm sure a lot more of us will get Invites for Tests and Oaths soon.

My timeline:

Physical presence: 1564
App sent: March 27, 2018
App received: March 29, 2018
AoR: April 16, 2018
IP: Jun 19, 2018
Test invitation: January 8, 2019
Test date: January 21, 2019
DM on ECAS: January 22, 2019
Oath Invitation: February 5, 2019
Oath Ceremony: March 4, 2019

Could the admins please update my entry in the spreadsheet?

Thank you and good luck, everybody!

Reactions: izqfre

Maarns

Mar 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I am happy to report that I became a Canadian citizen yesterday. Thanks very much to everyone who has answered questions and has helped keep on top of the spreadsheets. This forum is a fantastic resource for everyone going through this process, and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

For those of you preparing to take the Oath, all I can say is enjoy the day. It's one thing you might only ever do once in your life, so take it all in. Truly an experience I hope to never forget.

Reactions: izqfre and Conaider

Lul114

Nov 8, 2018
Hello forum,
I passed my exam today. When I saw the agent he said that there is still a one missing document! the police certificate from my country of origin because I traveled more than 6 months to that country during my residency in Canada. Why they didn’t say that before? Thats weird. Does anyone here faced the same issue? How long does it take from them to send an email on how to send the certificate is it by hand or by mail? If i got the certificate before their email can i just go there to the immigration office and tell them this is the missing document.
I guess now the oath ceremony will take forever:(

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Hello forum,
I passed my exam today. When I saw the agent he said that there is still a one missing document! the police certificate from my country of origin because I traveled more than 6 months to that country during my residency in Canada. Why they didn’t say that before? Thats weird. Does anyone here faced the same issue? How long does it take from them to send an email on how to send the certificate is it by hand or by mail? If i got the certificate before their email can i just go there to the immigration office and tell them this is the missing document.
Wait and see if your status changes to "DM" in a couple of days. Else you would have to submit that document.

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
I got notification for test on Feb 4th via the online system, however I have not received and e-mail or post of the details so I am not sure where I have to go - I just know the date and time - I wonder why I haven't been sent an e-mail with the details - Can anyone help?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I got notification for test on Feb 4th via the online system, however I have not received and e-mail or post of the details so I am not sure where I have to go - I just know the date and time - I wonder why I haven't been sent an e-mail with the details - Can anyone help?
I wouldn’t worry too much for a few days.. in my case, ECAS says that they sent me the invite on Jan 4, but I only got the email on Jan 8.

Congrats on getting the test invite

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013
Check your SPAM folder. Maybe the invite is there.

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Hi. I had the same issue. In my ECAS they said they sent a notice for citizenship test on Jan 22. Then there is another one that said they sent another notice on Jan 31 to appear on citizenship test on Fen 13 at 1 pm. I didn't receive any notice at all. I called the hotline last Monday and the agent who answered me said she was seeing my citizenship test schedule for Feb 14. So for me to make sure the details she send an email to the office handling my files and I received an email yesterday saying that the previous notice is cancelled and my new schedule is FEB 14. That's so weird because if I didn't call and just appear in there on FEB 13, my name might be not on the list. So If I were you, I will call the hotline to make sure you will get the right information. Anyway, what is your location?

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hello forum,
Did u ever submit it ..I mean when sending the app ...like it's in the checklist

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
Hi. I had the same issue. In my ECAS they said they sent a notice for citizenship test on Jan 22. Then there is another one that said they sent another notice on Jan 31 to appear on citizenship test on Fen 13 at 1 pm. I didn't receive any notice at all. I called the hotline last Monday and the agent who answered me said she was seeing my citizenship test schedule for Feb 14. So for me to make sure the details she send an email to the office handling my files and I received an email yesterday saying that the previous notice is cancelled and my new schedule is FEB 14. That's so weird because if I didn't call and just appear in there on FEB 13, my name might be not on the list. So If I were you, I will call the hotline to make sure you will get the right information. Anyway, what is your location?
Mississauga - My partner got their letter last night in the mail so I hope mine will arrive today - Thanks for the feedback everyone

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Mississauga applicant that just got his test invite for February 21 at the Glen Erin Drive location. I am advised that the time to appear is 7.45 am, is this the time of commencement of the exam, or the earliest time to show up at the location ?

Here is a synopsis of my timeline for the sake of completeness:

Applied: March 8, 2018
AOR: March 26, 2018
In Process: June 4, 2018
Test Invitation: Feb 8, 2019
Physical presence: 1552.5