+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

cool.flaver

Aug 26, 2017
Hi all..Ive been a silent observer in the group. FINALLY got my oath invite. Good luck to everyone! Happy New Year!
Here's my timeline:

Citizenship
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 9, 2018.
  3. We sent you a notice on July 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 2, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 24, 2019 at 11:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
ANYONE ELSE DOING OATH ON THIS DATE?
Where is your ceremony?

leo hot hunk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Hi All,

Happy New Year...! (sorry, wishing you all after 9 days :) )

Finally...! my wait is over for the tracking and happy to say that we got our Citizenship Oath invite today Jan 09th 2019.

Oath Location is Mississauga @ on Jan 30th 2019.

Please update the google sheet.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
Leo

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
I think you mean March 2018. Same case for me but with Mississauga office. Honestly, I'm not expecting the invite to come before one year from Application received date!
Yes it's actually 2018, not 2017 ;)

NSPG2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

Happy New Year...! (sorry, wishing you all after 9 days :) )

Finally...! my wait is over for the tracking and happy to say that we got our Citizenship Oath invite today Jan 09th 2019.

Oath Location is Mississauga @ on Jan 30th 2019.

Please update the google sheet.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
Leo
updated
congratulation

NSPG2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hey guys, I received this updated:
any ideas what dose it mean by (immigration verifications)

The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o An email requesting fingerprints sent to the applicant on June 21, 2018.

§ We can confirm that the fingerprints has been received by the responsible office on September 11, 2018.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

thanks

Last edited:

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hey guys, I received this updated:
any ideas what dose it mean by (immigration verifications)

The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o An email requesting fingerprints sent to the applicant on June 21, 2018.

§ We can confirm that the fingerprints has been received by the responsible office on September 11, 2018.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

thanks
The moment they request fingerprints, that would deem the application non-routine; so the response is just a standard response and aligned to what's mentioned in the below IRCC link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=

Saying this, however, this doesn't mean your application will necessarily be delayed. It may or may NOT; actually, the feedback from most of the people in this forum is that the fingerprint request rarely had a considerable impact to their applications' processing times.

Reactions: izqfre

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
The moment they request fingerprints, that would deem the application non-routine; so the response is just a standard response and aligned to what's mentioned in the below IRCC link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=

Saying this, however, this doesn't mean your application will necessarily be delayed. It may or may NOT; actually, the feedback from most of the people in this forum is that the fingerprint request rarely had a considerable impact to their applications' processing times.
Wow so there r so many non-routine applications then.

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013
I think you mean March 2018. Same case for me but with Mississauga office. Honestly, I'm not expecting the invite to come before one year from Application received date!
Hello,

Same case here. Applied in March 2018 and didn't receive test invite yet. My location is Mississauga.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hello,

Same case here. Applied in March 2018 and didn't receive test invite yet. My location is Mississauga.
Many January and February applicants have not yet received their test invite from Mississauga office; it might still be a long journey for us. let's see!

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
I am sooo annoyed. I submitted mine March 26.. AOR was Mar 29. In Process since May 17..

I helped a friend with her applications.. We submitted same day. Guess what? She had her test Oct, she had an Oath today.

We're both from Vancouver.

Looks like many of us are still waiting.. :'(